emekus94

I-751 November 2020 filers

1,453 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, wooozeee1 said:

Hi! I also received NOA1 from the EAC center on 01/11/2021, Application received 11/20/2020 and NO biometrics notice yet.. 

I've called USCIS few times because I've seen other December cases from EAC are getting biometrics but the calls were useless haha they told me to keep checking the my USCIS website.. which I was already doing. But hopefully we'll hear something back soon! 

Yeah, there are no timelines that we can refer to. It's a sit back at wait game at this point. This process is much like watching, waiting for water to boil. As long as "you" have your extension letter, "you" are winning. I hate this wait just like the next person, but I feel calling USCIS just adds to the frustration cause you hardly ever get the answer you want. 

Finally some news, received biometrics letter today.

Application Sent 11/17/2020

Application Received 11/19/2020

Check Cashed 1/7/2020

NOA Date 1/6/2020

Biometrics Waiver Letter 3/8/2021

Contacted the USCIS for the third time today since my last name was spelled wrong on my extension letter. Got a tracking number from the USCIS website back in January after I filled in the typographical error form; have contacted the agents on live chat twice, and received two different tracking numbers. Wonderful. I wonder who is going to fix this since it looks like Tier 1's can't do anything...

Getting there, slowly but surely...  (I hope )

Together (well...mostly the Transatlanticism kind of together) Since 12/2013

CR-1:

Married in Sweden 8/2017
(Well Frontloaded) I-130 Sent 12/2017
CR-1 Approved 10/2018
POE LAX 01/11/2019

I-751:

I-751 Package Sent with UPS 11/11/2020
I-751 Received by the AZ Lockbox 11/13/2020
I-751 Check Cashed 12/31/2020
I-797 (with My Last Name Misspelled...) Received by Mail 1/2/2021

Biometrics Appointment Received by Mail...too bad I am in Europe right when it's supposed to take place 🤯 6/14/2021

Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment, the biometric technician can't change the misspelled name on file, but he enters the correct spelling of my last name as an alias 8/2/2021

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled 10/13/2021

(Two Days Later) Interview Was Scheduled 😱 10/15/2021

I-751 Interview, Petition Approved 🥳 11/19/2021

Case Status Changed to New Card Is Being Produced 11/19/2021

Case Status Changed to Case Was Approved 11/22/2021

Green Card Arrived in the Mail (Name Correctly Spelling, w00t) 11/27/2021

When USCIS Misspells Your Name:

Typographical error form filled on USCIS website 1/4/2021
Contacted USCIS if there has been any progress since THEIR error (Received a Tier 1 tracking number) 2/6/2021
Contacted USCIS again as the issue remains to be resolved (Received ANOTHER Tier 1 tracking number) 3/12/2021
Apparently USCIS chat is worthless; CALLED USCIS, Tier 1 agent promised that a Tier 2 agent would call me 4/28/2021
Received a call from a nice Tier 2 officer who said I may or may not get a correct extension letter, but just in case I would be scheduled an InfoPASS appointment 5/4/2021
Went to local USCIS service center and had to deal with a nasty and entitled customer service agent who refused to give me an I-551 stamp. National Benefits Center is supposed to mail me another I-797 within 7-10 days... So I had to waste my day, taking buses for two hours one-way just to deal with this lady's attitude? 5/7/2021

After anxiously monitoring our mailbox for a few days I DID receive a corrected I-797, w00t! All documents good to go Vaccinated Ready to visit my parents in Europe for the first time in 17 months!!  5/13/2021

The lesson: Don't use the chat for anything complicated, AND keep hassling USCIS for a response...

8 minutes ago, beasty said:

Just got mail,  dated on 03/08/21  that Bio will be reused.

No update on uscis

At last  I got a mail in the box today from YSC service center since 9th December 2020. Bio reused (3/8/2021). That's a good news for the weekend. Hope other YSCs will get a good news soon. YSC has been silent for a long time. 

Waking up with a good news that my case was approved! SRC receipt number!

Application received: 11/20/20

NOA: 1/9/21

Biometric waived: 2/23/21

Case approved: 3/12/21

Now waiting for the approval letter and the new card!!!

I never received the letter stating that my application was transferred to NBC for standard processing. Is that normal for applications with SRC as service center?

Here’s the list of documents that I sent with my form:

Marriage license 

Insurance card

Tax return receipts for 2018,2019

Auto insurance

2 affidavits from my parents in law

flight tickets

20 photos

I thought I would received a RFE because I didn’t think I sent them enough of roofs of my marriage.

Wow, it’s amazing to see some approvals already, congrats!!! I’m getting hopeful this may not take as long as I expected! 

I have a LIN case number, app received on 11/20 with NOA received on 1/13, but nothing else since. How is the timeline for other LIN apps? Should I expect biometrics to be waived? Any RFE’s or approvals yet? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Natc said:

Wow, it’s amazing to see some approvals already, congrats!!! I’m getting hopeful this may not take as long as I expected! 

I have a LIN case number, app received on 11/20 with NOA received on 1/13, but nothing else since. How is the timeline for other LIN apps? Should I expect biometrics to be waived? Any RFE’s or approvals yet? 

I’m a LIN case! Ours received day is around yours and no activity yet. Based on timelines, it looks like they are working on June cases

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/13/2021 at 3:13 PM, Jamieng said:

Waking up with a good news that my case was approved! SRC receipt number!

Application received: 11/20/20

NOA: 1/9/21

Biometric waived: 2/23/21

Case approved: 3/12/21

Now waiting for the approval letter and the new card!!!

I never received the letter stating that my application was transferred to NBC for standard processing. Is that normal for applications with SRC as service center?

Here’s the list of documents that I sent with my form:

Marriage license 

Insurance card

Tax return receipts for 2018,2019

Auto insurance

2 affidavits from my parents in law

flight tickets

20 photos

I thought I would received a RFE because I didn’t think I sent them enough of roofs of my marriage.

Congratulations!

If you are willing to share the above timeline on the November spreadsheet others will find it helpful. Thanks!

On 3/13/2021 at 5:13 PM, Jaimekr08 said:

I’m a LIN case! Ours received day is around yours and no activity yet. Based on timelines, it looks like they are working on June cases

Likewise. LIN case received 11/16/2020. Looks like they are a little behind.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, rao19 said:

Likewise. LIN case received 11/16/2020. Looks like they are a little behind.

A little behind? I think they all quit that service center. There has been no movement and it's incredibly frustrating. I'm so happy for people getting their approvals already, but we aren't even getting biometrics waivers/appts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
41 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

A little behind? I think they all quit that service center. There has been no movement and it's incredibly frustrating. I'm so happy for people getting their approvals already, but we aren't even getting biometrics waivers/appts

Based on the timelines, it looks like they are starting to process July received dates and are kicking back up again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.