aratamorne

N-400 November 2020 Filers

451 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, isthisconfusing said:

Same boat (and receipt date) out in the Bay Area.

However, in the logged in view and via snail mail, I got an additional notification for Biometrics reuse and I believe others got their Interview notices that way too, so I would check that in case you haven't logged in a while...

Nope, nothing when I log in either :(

Ready for my grand ol' timeline? Alrighty then!

10-05-10 - Married in California
06-13-11 - I-130 approved
10-13-11 - CASE COMPLETE!
12-02-11 - Interview - 221g due to a washed passport
12-17-11 - POE - YYC (preclearance in Canada)

2011 to 2013 - Life happened

06-26-13 - Divorce finalized

10-07-13 - I-751 divorce filer paperwork journey begins

07-03-14 - ROC interview - approval pending delayed background checks

07-25-14 - APPROVED! 10 year GC is finally in production!

08-01-14 - 10 year GC in hand. The journey has finally ended. :)

2014 to 2020 - Living paperwork-free and focused on me!

11-09-20 - N-400 filed online - welcome back VJ fam!

6-22-21 - Interview in Nashville, approved! And then...

6-22-21 - Pledge of Allegiance taken. Holy shirtballs I'm a US Citizen.

I've spent so many years in the loving arms of the USCIS, but now it's time to fledge. So long, my friends, may all your journeys also end on the doorstep of whatever you're searching for.

Hello, has anyone had the issue on the uscis.gov website where the case status, case history and documents section for their case has disappeared.  I have tried IE, Chrome, Safari and Opera with no success of getting the details to show up.  Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well.  

11 minutes ago, Sunya and Tim said:

Hello, has anyone had the issue on the uscis.gov website where the case status, case history and documents section for their case has disappeared.  I have tried IE, Chrome, Safari and Opera with no success of getting the details to show up.  Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well.  

***Update: I found some new information.  It looks like it is happening to other folks as well.   ***

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sunya and Tim said:

***Update: I found some new information.  It looks like it is happening to other folks as well.   ***

This should be resolved now. I am able to see the tabs now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Hey you guys! I'm February 2021 filler, was trying to spy on your Google sheet, but it seems like you don't have it, do I miss it?

Thank you guys!

MY CASE UPDATE!!

I filed online and I live in Los Angeles.

November 18, 2020 - submitted for N-400

December 11, 2020 - notice of biometric reuse

March 19, 2021 - interview was scheduled

waiting for interview notice mail... 

6 minutes ago, pdx751 said:

Wow that is awesome @aloej....Things are moving fast !

Can’t believe it myself! My friend submitted his application way earlier than me, early last year... and he just got notification biometric reuse recently. We both live in LA! 

I guess... every cases are different. We don’t know for sure🤷🏻‍♀️

On 3/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, Lazybones18 said:

It was in chatsworth yes 

I have also already gotten by N400 biometric-reuse notice 

I asked the officer BEFORE the interview if he can also do our N400 interview. First he declined, but after finishing the 751 interview he seemed very impressed the way interview went. He then told us he will also do the N400 interview. kicked me out of the room and only interview my wife 

After my wife passed the N400 interview the officer said usually there is a 1 month wait for oath but since all your guys paperwork and case is SOLID lets just get done and over with the oath today. My understanding is this is not the norm and we got lucky

our appointment was also at 715am and our officer was a male and his name started with the letter AD

good luck 

Hey! I had my I-751 yesterday and asked before as well. End result, they let me do the N-400 and same-day oath, I am now a US Citizen!

And believe it or not, I am 99,9% sure we had the same Immigration Officer conducting our interviews, haha! I-751 got approved on the spot, and after I had to wait a little, I got called in for my N-400 interview. 

Thanks for your help @Lazybones18!

Happy to say that I am now a US Citizen!

Interview was at 10:15, security was slow due to the Covid social distancing, once checked in I waited for about 10 minutes and was called in for my interview. They started out with the history questions, I got the first six correct so she moved on to the reading and writing portion. Then the interviewing officer verified my address, phone number, date of birth and social security number. Then we went through the Yes/No questions from the interview. She then told me that I was approved, administered the oath ceremony there and then and handed me a small US flag and my certificate of naturalization.

After applying for a passport and updating all the other fun stuff (driving license, registering to vote etc) the journey with USCIS is over! Very happy!

My timeline for those interested:

2020/11/19 - Filed online (local office is Denver, CO).
2020/11/28 - NOA received in the mail.
2021/01/20 - Biometric reuse letter received in the mail.
2021/04/01 - Interview, Approved, Oath Ceremony and Certificate of Naturalization in hand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, BenjaminKeating said:

Interview was at 10:15, security was slow due to the Covid social distancing, once checked in I waited for about 10 minutes and was called in for my interview. They started out with the history questions, I got the first six correct so she moved on to the reading and writing portion. Then the interviewing officer verified my address, phone number, date of birth and social security number. Then we went through the Yes/No questions from the interview. She then told me that I was approved, administered the oath ceremony there and then and handed me a small US flag and my certificate of naturalization.

After applying for a passport and updating all the other fun stuff (driving license, registering to vote etc) the journey with USCIS is over! Very happy!

2021/04/01 - Interview, Approved, Oath Ceremony and Certificate of Naturalization in hand.

Congratulations!!

On 4/1/2021 at 2:42 PM, BenjaminKeating said:

Congrats! Did they ask you every question for the Yes/no?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.