R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,698 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, BLC said:

Very normal. My husband was at one window about 5 min providing paperwork..with the officer who was making the decision for 5 min. It’s very anticlimactic 

Anticlimactic is right up my alley.  After years of immigration paperwork, decisions, and thousands of dollars/pounds paid, I am not looking for anything exciting.  Just get us in and out with an approval and let me find the nearest Chipotle 🥰

2 hours ago, aeroandy23 said:

Anyone that got DQ in November received an IL for London Embassy yet?

I haven't, but I'm on the cusp, DQ'd Nov 16. However I imagine with Thanksgiving, it might come a bit later this week.

On 11/27/2023 at 6:08 PM, Rainbow Aligator said:

I haven't, but I'm on the cusp, DQ'd Nov 16. However I imagine with Thanksgiving, it might come a bit later this week.

Any updates on IL for those DQ'd in November? I thought maybe it would be today as end of month but nothing through

7 hours ago, bc123 said:

Any updates on IL for those DQ'd in November? I thought maybe it would be today as end of month but nothing through

hopefully tomorrow... so we don't have to wait all weekend :( 

3 minutes ago, Rainbow Aligator said:

hopefully tomorrow... so we don't have to wait all weekend :( 

They send them out at weekends too - we got ours on a Saturday.

My spouse will have her CR1 Interview at the London Embassy in Early Jan .
Issue is that her passport is expiring 6 months and 10 days AFTER the interview.  she does not have enough time to renew her passport since she needs to have immigration medical done before the interview and the passport cannot be renewed this quickly between the medical and the CR1 interview date. 

How long does the passport need to be valid for at the time of the interview, I read somewhere that It needs to be valid for 6 months from the date the US immigration  stamps the CR1 visa?

thanks.

Guys, I have some questions to help with my anxiety. This process is draining… 

first: I just submitted all my documents, when do you think I will get my DQ. 

2. When am I likely to receive my IL 

3. then finally which month will be ideal for my interview based on the thread ? 

thank you 🙏🏽 

5 hours ago, Joyoveranxiety said:

Guys, I have some questions to help with my anxiety. This process is draining… 

first: I just submitted all my documents, when do you think I will get my DQ. 

2. When am I likely to receive my IL 

3. then finally which month will be ideal for my interview based on the thread ? 

thank you 🙏🏽 

You're referring to the DS-260 and affidavit of support documents?  And you've already had your i-130 approved?  If so, I believe I received my wife's DQ 3 weeks after we submitted documentation for DS-260 and the affidavit of support.  That took a little longer than it would have because we had to resubmit a couple of things that we did wrong initially.  After that, it took 2 weeks to get the interview date.

So if your timeline parallels ours, you should get your DQ later this month, and you'll probably have a February interview.  But that's of course just speculation and assuming everything checks out with your documents that you submitted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.