R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,652 posts in this topic

I lost my vaccines report. So i will have to take all vaccines needed for immigration. Can i do the vaccines prior to the interview letter? Or should i wait until IL and do it during medical test?

i just don't want to delay medical results due to vaccines.

I got DQ email on Nov 1 for London Embassy, so i am guessing from previous people experience i will have an interview sometime in January.

1 hour ago, hs2210 said:

I got my interview letter today: Dec 6th!!! I need a few vaccines before the medical test. Is it 100% that we need the medical test 2 weeks before the interview? I’m just thinking of timings as I’ve literally just moved house and am signing up to a new gp

I’d try to get the medical sooner, if you can. My husband had his 3.5 weeks beforehand but had to get a vaccine that was missed..got that vaccine almost 2 weeks before the interview and the paperwork hadn’t arrived to the embassy yet. It wasn’t bad though, it only ended up being a few days of administrative processing before approving. But it just would’ve been nice to get that approval same day. 

1 hour ago, aeroandy23 said:

I lost my vaccines report. So i will have to take all vaccines needed for immigration. Can i do the vaccines prior to the interview letter? Or should i wait until IL and do it during medical test?

i just don't want to delay medical results due to vaccines.

I got DQ email on Nov 1 for London Embassy, so i am guessing from previous people experience i will have an interview sometime in January.

If there's no way of replacing your lost vaccine record, you should try to get as many vaccines as possible done before the visa medical. There's a limit to how many vaccines you can have on the same day!

I think the flu vaccine is the only one that you need to have had this year... the rest are all long-term (e.g., a dose every decade), so there's no risk of getting them too early. You just need to ensure that you bring the record to your medical appointment.

I had my full medical records printed by my gp before I moved house last week. But now I’ve scheduled my medical test it says in the email it needs to be a summary version. My new gp is saying they can’t print it before my test date on the 17th. Has anyone gone with their full medical record instead? Is that okay? Or do I need a private gp to type up a summary?

3 hours ago, hs2210 said:

I had my full medical records printed by my gp before I moved house last week. But now I’ve scheduled my medical test it says in the email it needs to be a summary version. My new gp is saying they can’t print it before my test date on the 17th. Has anyone gone with their full medical record instead? Is that okay? Or do I need a private gp to type up a summary?

My husbands medical printout was like an entire history report too…tons of pages. You have to call  visa medicals ahead of time to let them know if it’s more than a certain number of pages so they can make extra time to review. He didn’t have any issues with his. 

Edited by BLC
Clarity

When people say they get approved in the interview, how long does it take to receive the document package and your passport back?

We have been DQ’ed since 01/11 still still no IL as of yet but we are hopeful. 
I wonder what effect Christmas will have on the process? I imagine we are looking at an interview in the new year.

10 hours ago, Abcd1234abcd said:

When people say they get approved in the interview, how long does it take to receive the document package and your passport back?

We have been DQ’ed since 01/11 still still no IL as of yet but we are hopeful. 
I wonder what effect Christmas will have on the process? I imagine we are looking at an interview in the new year.

you will get your letter end of November or beginning of December for an interview in January. 

I’ve just called visamedicals after my gp said they could do the summary and then messed me around and said no. The woman on the phone said that it’s not okay to bring the full record and the summary is a required document. Panic time.

1 hour ago, lichalop said:

My husband just had his interview today... lasted around 10 minutes and got approved!!! time to start planning the travel!

10 minutes?  Really?  Is that normal?  I was expecting my wife would have to go through a 2 hour interrogation 🤣

On 11/14/2023 at 2:51 AM, lichalop said:

you will get your letter end of November or beginning of December for an interview in January. 

I was DQd today (16th nov) I wonder if I made the cut off for Jan...

On 11/14/2023 at 6:11 AM, hs2210 said:

I’ve just called visamedicals after my gp said they could do the summary and then messed me around and said no. The woman on the phone said that it’s not okay to bring the full record and the summary is a required document. Panic time.

I'd kick off with your GP - you have a legal right to it, they can't say no! A Summary Care Record is something every practice should be able to give every patient, it's not like it's not a normal thing. 

You're the second person I've read of this week whose practice didn't seem to know what a SCR is, which is just really odd. Mine had a webpage about it on their website and I just requested it on there, and had it emailed to me within a few hours. Print the below out and tell them this is what you want - 

https://digital.nhs.uk/services/summary-care-records-scr#:~:text=Summary Care Record (SCR) is,created from GP medical records.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summary_Care_Record

4 hours ago, lvjeremylv said:

10 minutes?  Really?  Is that normal?  I was expecting my wife would have to go through a 2 hour interrogation 🤣

Very normal. My husband was at one window about 5 min providing paperwork..with the officer who was making the decision for 5 min. It’s very anticlimactic 

6 hours ago, ted12 said:

Anyone who has had their interview. What did you wear? Shirt and tie etc or more casual?

My husband wore jeans, a polo shirt, and sneakers. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.