R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,709 posts in this topic

Hello! Feeling a bit stressed and looking for some advice.

My husband has his medical scheduled for Nov 13, 2023 and his interview scheduled for Nov 20th, 2023 - only 4 full working days between.

Since it seems like we need 2 weeks now for the medical info to transfer to the embassy, it's likely he probably won't be getting approved that day. I'm pretty nervous about getting the 221g denial and having to wait an unknown amount of time for them to approve it once they do receive his medical. It seems like folks say that that's pretty common, but I'm a bit nervous nonetheless.

Is it a better idea to try and reschedule his interview out another week or two - is that even possible? I'm equally nervous about cancelling an interview and maybe not getting another date for months, although people also seem to have an okay time with rescheduling.

Feeling a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place - does anyone have suggestions on which is the best way to go? Thank you!! 

19 hours ago, Lies said:

Hello! Feeling a bit stressed and looking for some advice.

My husband has his medical scheduled for Nov 13, 2023 and his interview scheduled for Nov 20th, 2023 - only 4 full working days between.

Since it seems like we need 2 weeks now for the medical info to transfer to the embassy, it's likely he probably won't be getting approved that day. I'm pretty nervous about getting the 221g denial and having to wait an unknown amount of time for them to approve it once they do receive his medical. It seems like folks say that that's pretty common, but I'm a bit nervous nonetheless.

Is it a better idea to try and reschedule his interview out another week or two - is that even possible? I'm equally nervous about cancelling an interview and maybe not getting another date for months, although people also seem to have an okay time with rescheduling.

Feeling a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place - does anyone have suggestions on which is the best way to go? Thank you!! 

I would suggest try to move the medical for an earlier date. 

7 minutes ago, Lies said:

Unfortunately not an option for us :( 

in that case you will just have to take the risk... Either take the risk of going to the interview with the posibility that your medical wont be there or take the risk of rescheduling the interview. either one will make you lose time. 

just try to access and see which one will make you lose less time.... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All! looking for estimate of the wait times in London lately - how long from DQ are you all seeing the interview letters, and then how far out is the appointment after the letter is received? Thank you!

56 minutes ago, EmCash said:

Hi All! looking for estimate of the wait times in London lately - how long from DQ are you all seeing the interview letters, and then how far out is the appointment after the letter is received? Thank you!

I really wanted to know this information when we were waiting as well, hope this helps. 

We were DQ'D Sept 19, 2023

Received Interview packet on Oct 4, 2023

Interview scheduled for Nov 20, 2023. 

On 11/3/2023 at 8:51 AM, lichalop said:

anyone recently had their interview? we have our interview 16th November. Completed medical last friday... feeling really nervous! what should we expect for the interview? any tips? what questions did they ask you?

Yes on 10/25. It’s very anticlimactic, like only 5 min with the officer. Check the interview reviews for the London Embassy and the questions ppl say they were asked are spot on. My husband  had his medical about 3 weeks earlier, but needed to get a vaccine — got that about 1.5 weeks ahead of the interview and they didn’t have the results in time. But he was approved like 3 days afterwards. But sounds like yours should be at the embassy in time.  

Just a heads up that I got the interview email this morning. So that's something. Unfortunately for us, I'm going to be out of the country so we're probably going to have to reschedule it. But yeah hopefully the rest of you that have been DQ'ed recently will get the email in short order.

1 minute ago, lvjeremylv said:

Just a heads up that I got the interview email this morning. So that's something. Unfortunately for us, I'm going to be out of the country so we're probably going to have to reschedule it. But yeah hopefully the rest of you that have been DQ'ed recently will get the email in short order.

That's a pain re: the rescheduling!

We got it this morning, too — interview on 6 December. 😊

26 minutes ago, losrod3 said:

That's a pain re: the rescheduling!

We got it this morning, too — interview on 6 December. 😊

Wanna trade? Lol. Ours is December 20th, and I fly out on the 17th. Super annoying.

I got my interview letter today: Dec 6th!!! I need a few vaccines before the medical test. Is it 100% that we need the medical test 2 weeks before the interview? I’m just thinking of timings as I’ve literally just moved house and am signing up to a new gp

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.