R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,687 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2023 at 6:43 PM, fepixola12345 said:

Congrats all!

Can someone share what questions they generally ask at the interview?

Check out the UK embassy review page here. People post their experience during the interview and lots share the questions they were asked. It seems like most of the time it’s: how did you meet, what does the petitioner do for work, how did the proposal happen. It sounds like it’s generally just a few, basic questions. 

Is there a way to expedite the Embassy process? We submitted our I-130 back in Oct 2021, and we were DQed from NVC on Aug 3 (last week). I feel like we've been really patient, but I'm currently pregnant in the US with a due date of Sep 25 and we are wondering if there is anything that that can be done to expedite this last phase? Husband already has his immunization records, medical summary, etc. from his GP - we're just waiting on the IL to move ahead.

Edited to add: my husband renewed his ESTA in May and has been able to travel in and out over the past 2 years without issue, so I know we CAN book a trip for him to come for about a month to be here for the birth and first couple of weeks, but it would be far preferable if he could just move here and be here permanently when the baby is born.

Edited by TJ66

1 hour ago, TJ66 said:

Is there a way to expedite the Embassy process? We submitted our I-130 back in Oct 2021, and we were DQed from NVC on Aug 3 (last week). I feel like we've been really patient, but I'm currently pregnant in the US with a due date of Sep 25 and we are wondering if there is anything that that can be done to expedite this last phase? Husband already has his immunization records, medical summary, etc. from his GP - we're just waiting on the IL to move ahead.

Edited to add: my husband renewed his ESTA in May and has been able to travel in and out over the past 2 years without issue, so I know we CAN book a trip for him to come for about a month to be here for the birth and first couple of weeks, but it would be far preferable if he could just move here and be here permanently when the baby is born.

I have heard of people submitting expedite requests on the basis of pregnancy! However, there seems to be mixed results on whether it is successful or not. I've heard some people say they were denied because it wasn't a good enough reason, yet other people get accepted. It is worth trying!

Preparing for London interview in September, is there another forum on here or can someone please advise on documents needed for the interview that CANT be copies? I know it says bring everything you uploaded but I’ve seen so much mixed advice in other places. IE if my husband needs my physical passport and original taxes (or just a copy). Also my parents are joint sponsors does he need their original taxes and passports, or just a copy. They are retired and don’t get a monthly statement in the mail so I’m not sure what to show for proving their income is still current besides taxes and social security statement from Jan that details what they get a month at gross pre taxes and insurance.

6 hours ago, jekjpb said:

Hi--Waiting for DQ now, hoping it comes early next week.

Does anybody know around when the cut off was in July for September ILs?

Hoping we will make it in for October ILs but would love anyone's thoughts or experiences on when the cut off has been the past few months.

Hi - we got DQ on 14th July and got a Sept interview (13th). Hope that helps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.