785 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
On 1/24/2022 at 9:08 AM, Ali1975 said:

It’s just beginning! It Maybe take one or two years to give you appointments! 

My NOA2 was middle of Dec 2021 and we have interview for March 2022 (K1 fiancé visa). 

What kind of visa are you referring to?

Edited by AD1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Non residents 

Anything new? I heard cases are beginning to move which is giving me a little bit of hope. I have an ir1 case from Iraq DQd October 2020. Do you guys think I should be getting an interview letter within the next few months? 

Timeline

Hello all, my case was approved for an expedite and the NVC had told me they will send the case ro Abu Dhabi as soon as possible. I'd sent a letter last month and requested my case be transferred to ankara, should I call the NVC and notify them to disregard that inquiry?

7 hours ago, desert_stallion said:

Hello all, my case was approved for an expedite and the NVC had told me they will send the case ro Abu Dhabi as soon as possible. I'd sent a letter last month and requested my case be transferred to ankara, should I call the NVC and notify them to disregard that inquiry?

Hello,

Do you mind sharing with us how did you get your expedite approved? I have tried for my wife's case whos has been waiting on her interview since Sep 2020, and everytime NVC tells me that they contacted Abu Dhabi and they are not to approve the expedite as the embassy says its not fair to the other applicants. I wonder how they justify being fair? Giving priority to everyone EXCEPT U.S Citizen's spouse.  

15 hours ago, npars said:

Hello,

Do you mind sharing with us how did you get your expedite approved? I have tried for my wife's case whos has been waiting on her interview since Sep 2020, and everytime NVC tells me that they contacted Abu Dhabi and they are not to approve the expedite as the embassy says its not fair to the other applicants. I wonder how they justify being fair? Giving priority to everyone EXCEPT U.S Citizen's spouse.  

Hello…Exact same situation, we have been DQ since July 2020 (IR1) and nothing so far, tried expediting twice but Abu Dhabi embassy did not think our case is urgent enough for expedite :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
On 2/14/2022 at 6:03 AM, desert_stallion said:

Non residents 

Anything new? I heard cases are beginning to move which is giving me a little bit of hope. I have an ir1 case from Iraq DQd October 2020. Do you guys think I should be getting an interview letter within the next few months? 

we are k1 (NOA2 was 12/16/2021) and we got interview for next month and my fiancée will be flying from Iran to UAE for an interview. Does K2 takes longer to get an interview?

Timeline
On 2/15/2022 at 4:57 PM, npars said:

Hello,

Each case is different and in my case it due to some personal issues. I'm no expert but they only seam to approve extreme cases. It doesn't hurt to keep trying,  have you figured out a way to get UAE residency? That could speed things up. It's a very difficult situation, however I have heard of non residents getting interviews nowadays so that's a good sign that there is movement. I even heard of a case of an Iraqi non resident DQ'd since July 2020 having an interview recently. 

Edited by desert_stallion

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sam Sa. said:
Hello,
I live outside the UAE but have a UAE residency permit. Can I move my ir1/cr1 case to UAE embassy for sooner interview, what documents does the embassy require in addition to the residency permit?
Thank you.

Yeah, just send a request on the NVC public inquiry form and attach a photo of your residency. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

How long did it take for NVC to review your documents? CR1 here for my husband and we submitted all documents in January. I was wondering how much longer I have to be stuck in UAE before I can return to America. Im hoping not much longer. Can anyone give me a timeline?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.