784 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Could you send me the link as well please? DQ and waiting for visa interview but no idea when to expect. Any idea which dq dates are getting interview letters recently? Seems like it should be in 2022 by now. 

Sent you a DM. 

For IR1 last we heard was DQ Nov 24, 2021, so still a bit of way to go. What's your category?

8 hours ago, Rooz said:

Hi, I sent you a message directly, please share the telegram channel, thnx.
Also for IR-5 the wait time is definitley more than a year, unless it changes in the future. My documentarily qualified date is June/2021 and still waiting for IL, I know someone with DQ date of Nov/2020 and still waiting for IL....

Are you a resident in the UAE? It seems there's a separate line for Iranians/Iraqis and other nationalities that don't have access to an embassy in their home country.

We have 2 people IR5 in the group that just got IL, one Iranian was DQ Sep 2020 the other a UAE resident was DQ Nov 2021 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, JD2 said:

It's literally required to upload.  Should I just follow EID requirements then?  40mm in width; 60mm in height?

I think you might be on the wrong site, I didn't upload any photos as far as I remember, and the Dubai police website says no documents required.

2 minutes ago, Riber said:

I think you might be on the wrong site, I didn't upload any photos as far as I remember, and the Dubai police website says no documents required.

Click "Access Service," user type Outside UAE, then go to the bottom.  But I think I got it.  I saw some on YouTube do it.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HappyGuy said:

Hi everyone. Does being a UAE resident really make a big difference in interview wait time ?

It's unsure whether it's the residence part, or whether it's just nationality. but there's definitely two separate lists!

In other news, a bunch of us just got interviews covering DQ dates from mid Dec to mid Feb for IR/CR1 category (residents)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Iran
Timeline
1 minute ago, HappyGuy said:

Do you khow any one who isn't UAE resident and got interview date letter after 6 months??

Because the core mission of each embassy is serving the people who reside in the country that the embassy is located, whether they are citizens living abroad or locals who want to apply for visas. Similarly the US embassy in Abu Dhabi prioritizes the applications and inquiries of US citizens living in UAE or UAE residents seeking visas, over people in other countries who are not residing in UAE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.