27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 minute ago, ANISELGHRAIERI said:

Arabics Always ###### negatives 

Pleas if it denied or refused it updated date they will closed thé file 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Refused is the new status for AP nowadays.  But it could also be an actual refusal.

I assume you recently had your interview?  If so, you should have been given a 221 form, with either a straight refusal (and the reason), requirements for additional items (like medical or more recent police report, or more evidence, etc.), or that your case needs additional time for administrative processing.

Just the screenshot does not help us in commenting on your case.

EDIT:  I didn't pay attention to your subject line.  Right now, if it was AP and switched to refused, it could be the new system of changing AP to refused, or it is an actual refusal.  I suggest you contact the embassy.

Edited by SteveInBostonI130
Clarification

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
2 hours ago, ANISELGHRAIERI said:

Hello, just get an update from ceac they updated in october 6th afternoon , you think it a good sign ?! 

Screenshot_20201006-004635~2.png

Hi, what was the reason for the AP ?

Timeline

what was the reason for the AP. 

Also you said it got updated on Oct 6 but on the photo it shows last updated on Sept 28. Does the message look same as the one you attached it?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Refused is the new status for AP nowadays.  But it could also be an actual refusal.

I assume you recently had your interview?  If so, you should have been given a 221 form, with either a straight refusal (and the reason), requirements for additional items (like medical or more recent police report, or more evidence, etc.), or that your case needs additional time for administrative processing.

Just the screenshot does not help us in commenting on your case.

The actual refusal has a short paragraph like the one he attached. The new AP says refused but it has a long paragraph explaining that the case is undergoing a AP. Sadly. his refusal is actual. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

It not refused thé us consular just updated in october 6 th n they updated , how thé file IS closed and thé file keep updated date pleas?!

Screenshot_20201006-004635~3.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

if it's not refused why in blue letters it says refused? you asked a question and now you don't like the answers. you said it updated 10/6 wheres the screen shot for 10/6 that don't say refused? it's hard to understand what you are asking with the screenshot saying last updated 09/28/2020. now I ask you if it's not refused what is your question and what did NVC say the refused mean

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the African countries seem to be updating with a refused when they put people in AP

so, we don't know what is going onyour 

the sentence reads the CO refused your application and to read the letter you got at the interiew

Did the 221 g letter ask for more documents to prove the relationship?

If so,  did you do that?

refused in listed but does not say denied 

until it says denied , there is hope

but do whatever the 221 g letter that you got at the interview says

if it didn't say to do anything,  then let them finish the AP

and when it changes to either denied or issued (visa) then you will know for sure

ask your USC fiancee if a notice of denial was sent to her

but to question  No it is not a good sign 

you are either in for a long long AP (for an approval) or they really mean to deny and either way is hard

Edited by JeanneAdil
forgot to add something

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sorry to say, but your visa application is refused and that screen is saying wait for that letter. That means, actual refusal & thats when they send you letter explaining reason behind your refusal. I also have refused on my status, but its a long paragraph. no where it says they mailed me letter. And my congress office said, my case is AP.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry to say I think this is actual refusal because the AP paragraph is longer than this. 

If you say it updated recently then let's see the screen shot of the recent update cos what we are seeing here is not 6th of October. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/7/2020 at 10:53 PM, minie07 said:

The actual refusal has a short paragraph like the one he attached. The new AP says refused but it has a long paragraph explaining that the case is undergoing a AP. Sadly. his refusal is actual. 

Not true. My wife refusal was the same and it was due to public charge. She was asked to provide more documents after my situation has changed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

These post about the verbiage meaning full refusal  is absolutely untrue.  Our case CEAC was the exact same as above for several months until we received our visa August 6th.  

No way to say if it is good news our case updated many times and still no change.  I would not get excited until the embassy contacts you until then its just a waiting game.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.