Captain Ewok

88 VJ'ers Approved in Aug, 99 so far in Sept -- Things are Speeding Up!

23 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

Switch "Sept" with "Aug" and switch the links

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
2 hours ago, HRQX said:

Switch "Sept" with "Aug" and switch the links

Good catch, fixed!!

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

5 minutes ago, Cndn said:

18 months and counting 😢

I recently submitted an out of processing times inquiry because I submitted I-485 application 33 months ago and USCIS only responded with: "Our records show that your I-485 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay. We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience." My patience has been exhausted!

39 minutes ago, HRQX said:

I recently submitted an out of processing times inquiry because I submitted I-485 application 33 months ago and USCIS only responded with: "Our records show that your I-485 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay. We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience." My patience has been exhausted!

Seattle???? That’s deplorable. Time for a Writ of Mandamus? Have you contacted any ombudsman or anything like that? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, HRQX said:

How does it take almost three years for them to assign someone a green card?? Wow

11 minutes ago, Cndn said:

Seattle????

San Francisco

Have you contacted any ombudsman or anything like that? 

I contacted ombudsman on Sept. 8 about I-485; still waiting on that response. My I-130 petitioner contacted ombudsman about I-130 on Feb. 18 and USCIS approved the I-130 on May 14.

Time for a Writ of Mandamus?

I'm considering it. But first I'll see if something results from the ombudsman route.

Edited by HRQX

8 minutes ago, HRQX said:

San Francisco

I contacted ombudsman on Sept. 8 about I-485; still waiting on that response. My I-130 petitioner contacted ombudsman about I-130 on Feb. 18 and USCIS approved the I-130 on May 14.

I'm considering it. But first I'll see if something results from the ombudsman route.

I wish you the best of luck. The mental ramifications of being in limbo for such long periods shouldn’t be underestimated. Please update if ombudsman route gets results. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

good to hear things finally starting to happen as the visa statistics government site last posted in July

Casa has 5 VJ members with spousal visa interviews scheduled for October 

46 minutes ago, Cndn said:

How can I look up approval stats? 

The following shows at least 37 AOS approvals in September (so far): https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?cfl=&op1=d&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,9,10,11&op6=&op8=All&xfr=&vtype=0&interview=

Edited by HRQX

58 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Interesting there’s a lot in Spokane - I wonder if Seattle has sent some of their caseload there. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/20/2020 at 4:01 PM, Captain Ewok said:

Compared to July where we saw 34 approvals, we are pushing triple digits!  We have seen 25% of the approvals being K1-Visas which is a huge jump from 0% in July!

Never lose hope!

Aug (87 approvals, 39 countries): https://www.visajourney.com/content/visa-approvals-last-month/

Sept so far (55 approvals, 28 countries): https://www.visajourney.com/content/visa-approvals-this-month/

Many of the K1s must be emergency cases though 😕 

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [M])

Sent packet: October 21, 2019

USCIS Received package: October 22, 2019
Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.