Captain Ewok

88 VJ'ers Approved in Aug, 99 so far in Sept -- Things are Speeding Up!

23 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Gatekeeper said:

for the 28 countries still subject to the travel ban😔

*31 countries:

• mainland China
  • Iran
  • Brazil
  • United Kingdom
  • Ireland
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Gatekeeper said:

Unfortunately no K-1 for the 28 countries still subject to the travel ban😔

Even in those countries without travel ban and where they resumed spouse visas, they have not done that many K1 processing. I doubt most of the approved ones are emergency ones.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [M])

Sent packet: October 21, 2019

USCIS Received package: October 22, 2019
Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

• Captain Ewok changed the title to 88 VJ'ers Approved in Aug, 79 so far in Sept -- Things are Speeding Up!
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/22/2020 at 1:05 PM, Chipper15 said:

Still nothing processed through ol' montreal... >_<

Awesome that others are making it happen tho!!

What? Multiple visas through montreal in September.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, jackanddeona said:

What? Multiple visas through montreal in September.

Sorry... I was being selfish and only referring to K1 interviews.

Looks like one person did get a K1 interview at Montreal on September 1st;

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=310850

Any intereviews are good tho and I guess not every interview is published on Visa Journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chipper15 said:

Sorry... I was being selfish and only referring to K1 interviews.

Looks like one person did get a K1 interview at Montreal on September 1st;

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=310850

Any intereviews are good tho and I guess not every interview is published on Visa Journey.

K1s are being scheduled for October. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 11:52 AM, Cndn said:

Please update if ombudsman route gets results.

The ombudsman request for pending I-485 just got the regular "We are currently experiencing a backlog of requests for assistance" email on Oct. 27; so more patience for a proper response. For that request I selected "I am facing a problem not resolved by normal USCIS Processes."

But after receiving a denial for AP renewal on Oct. 13, I submitted a new ombudsman request for assistance on that recent I-131 denial. On Oct. 25 I selected "I have received action or decision that involves clear errors of fact or misapplication of law by USCIS." For Description I put:

To Whom It May Concern:
On October 13, 2020 USCIS denied my I-131 application (IOEXXXXXXXXXX) based on a gross obvious misapplication of the relevant case law, because USCIS completely ignored the Ninth Circuit’s decision in Ramirez v. Brown and I reside in the Ninth Circuit. In the past, USCIS has approved my I-131 applications (MSCXXXXXXXXXX, MSCXXXXXXXXXX) and the facts of my case have continued to remain the same. Refer to the subsection of 7 USCIS Policy ManualB.2(A)(5) titled “Temporary Protected Status is Considered an Admission for INA 245(a) Adjustment Purposes in the Sixth and Ninth Circuits Only” (https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-b-chapter-2). Also refer to 84 FR 59403 because I still have current TPS status (https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/11/04/2019-24047/continuation-of-documentation-for-beneficiaries-of-temporary-protected-status-designations-for-el). I have uploaded the recent Advance Parole (IOEXXXXXXXXXX) Denial Notice, the past Advance Parole (MSCXXXXXXXXXX) Approval Notice, the TPS (IOEXXXXXXXXXX) Approval Notice, and the Ninth Circuit’s decision in Ramirez v. Brown.

This request got a very quick turnaround. On Nov. 2, USCIS sent out a notice that they would reconsider the I-131 case. On Nov. 3, the I-131 was approved. And on Nov. 4, the standalone AP (I-512) was produced. I received it in the mail yesterday, Nov. 9.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.