nendu

September 2020 AOS Filers

551 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Skyman said:

Finally. Don't have date yet but I  have this:

Screenshot_20210820-194711_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ebd3446e974c19e64731a83db2face86.jpg

Woooo hoooo! Congrats!! You could always try asking thru Emma if you're impatient (like me :))

9/25/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox
9/29/2020 - Package delivered

10/21/2020 - Received 4 texts
10/29/2020 - Received 4 NOA's in mail, priority date 9/29/2020

1/29/2021 - Online status changed to RFE (I-944 now irrelevant)

2/2/2021 - Biometrics letter received, appointment 2/17/2021
2/17/2021 - Biometrics & RFE received

3/2/2021 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

5/27/2021 - Request I-765 expedite via Emma
6/1/2021 - Expedite request received

6/4/2021 - EAD card is being produced

6/8/2021 - Interview has been scheduled!

7/22/2021 - Interview - around 9:50pm that night, new card is being produced! 
7/23/2021 - Case is approved. 🥳

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Waiting_4Ever said:

Congrats… What’s your priority date and field office?

Well, the PD is actually 16 Sep 20 which is the same as the I-130 but but the agents have told me a couple times they go by agents they go by the receipt date which is 23 Dec 20.

San Antonio FO.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, flacka said:

Woooo hoooo! Congrats!! You could always try asking thru Emma if you're impatient (like me :))

I should be able to log in and get it Monday. We're in Ohio right now anyway. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
13 hours ago, Skyman said:

I should be able to log in and get it Monday. We're in Ohio right now anyway. 

Hi, I'm san antonio field office too but I sent it in may 2020. Still nothing for me unfortunately. 

Before they scheduled your interview did you know where your case was? 

I called a few times and sometimes they tell me it's still at the nbc, another they tell me it's in baltimore.. anyway I don't want to go on a tirade again about uscis but I'd appreciate if you can tell me a bit more about your case?

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Ally&Axel said:

Hi, I'm san antonio field office too but I sent it in may 2020. Still nothing for me unfortunately. 

Before they scheduled your interview did you know where your case was? 

I called a few times and sometimes they tell me it's still at the nbc, another they tell me it's in baltimore.. anyway I don't want to go on a tirade again about uscis but I'd appreciate if you can tell me a bit more about your case?

We filed the I-130 online in September. Due to some delays sent the I-485 in December.  We lived in Portland, OR at the time. Receipt said it was at the NBC. In April we moved to SA and made attempts to update our address but in May the bio was scheduled for June 11th at the Portland ASC. We went to the SA ASC on the 11th.   After that the case status changed to Actively Being Reviewed until yesterday. 

About 3 weeks ago I emailed Representative Lloyd Doggett's office to request an expedite. Not sure of that did any good or not.  Can't hurt.

Good luck to everyone else.

Edited by Skyman

7 minutes ago, Skyman said:

We filed the I-130 online in September. Due to some delays sent the I-485 in December.  We lived in Portland, OR at the time. Receipt said it was at the NBC. In April we moved to SA and made attempts to update our address but in May the bio was scheduled for June 11th at the Portland ASC. We went to the SA ASC on the 11th.   

About 3 weeks ago I emailed Representative Lloyd Doggett's office to request an expedite. Not sure of that did any good or not.  Can't hurt.

Congrats! May I ask what reasons you wrote in email to request an expedite for an interview? Thank you. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Skyman said:

We filed the I-130 online in September. Due to some delays sent the I-485 in December.  We lived in Portland, OR at the time. Receipt said it was at the NBC. In April we moved to SA and made attempts to update our address but in May the bio was scheduled for June 11th at the Portland ASC. We went to the SA ASC on the 11th.   After that the case status changed to Actively Being Reviewed until yesterday. 

So when you went to the SA field office, did you request an info pass appointment first? I tried doing that but missed the tier 2 call back. They called once and that’s it.. now I’m going to wait for our trip back to France to reschedule.

thank you for the advice, I’m going to try and reach this guy Lloyd. It sucks because I’m renewing my ead now and really thought I wouldn’t have to because it took 8 months to be processed..

Timeline
35 minutes ago, goodisgood said:

Congrats! May I ask what reasons you wrote in email to request an expedite for an interview? Thank you. 

Actually, 2 reasons. While she doesn't have a written job offer she's been offered jobs verbally and there's help wanted signs all over SA.  I also stressed the humanitarian angle because she wants to support her family in the Philippines. She's already had 2 close cousins pass. One was denied care and now they're having trouble with funeral costs. Lockdowns and checkpoints going up again so only a couple can work.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ally&Axel said:

So when you went to the SA field office, did you request an info pass appointment first? 

We haven't been to the FO yet. That'll be for the interview.  We did the bio at the ASC.

Timeline
3 hours ago, neo_ny said:

Glad to see an update on your case!  Congrats!  When is the interview?  Are you still waiting on EAD/AP or did you receive it already?

Thanks.  No idea on the date yet. I-130 is approved.  We've received nothing else. I'll see if I can get an agent to give up the interview appointment tomorrow.  😀 

Timeline
On 8/20/2021 at 6:50 PM, Skyman said:

Finally. Don't have date yet but I  have this:

Screenshot_20210820-194711_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ebd3446e974c19e64731a83db2face86.jpg

Agent said:  

Thank you. your appointment is schedule on 09/29/2021 at XXXXX at the San Antonio office your notice was mailed on 08/20/2021

Today was interview day!

Since all is well that ends well, I should start with the fact we were approved. Technically, he said he still needed to run the FBI check and that he would do that before he finished up his day and then approve us. So we got the paper saying further review. By the time we got home, the website had updated to new card being produced.

The interview was anything but smooth. With 8 years of marriage and 4 children, I wasn't sure which angle he would attack, but I did not guess the one he chose: our entire family's dual citizenship with Peru. He came at us hard, questioning my (the U.S. Cit.) loyalty to the U.S. because I lived in Peru for 11 years, and at one point calling us "cowards who run" because we evacuated Peru to the U.S. when the pandemic hit. He stated he was not in the business of issuing green cards to cowards who won't be patriots. He wanted to know if we'd take up arms for the U.S. if the Taliban attacked, and seemed to calm down when we assured him we would. He then also pushed us on what we'd do if Peru went to war with the U.S. He talked a LOT and didn't give us a lot of room to respond, and my heart was racing, but my husband was calm and responsive since he was more sure the agent was pushing buttons and not inclined to deny us. Fortunately, that seems to have been the case. He may have needed to blow off some steam because he was ranting about Biden and Afghanistan as well.

I could certainly appreciate his points about the importance of patriotism, though it caught me off-guard given Peru has never had any hostility with the U.S. and as much as I researched, that wasn't an angle I'd ever heard of an agent attacking.

Anyway, WHEW, done.

PD 9/11. Field Office West Palm Beach.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.