nendu

September 2020 AOS Filers

551 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
On 5/22/2021 at 11:41 AM, Skyman said:

I haven't actually received anything regarding the expedite request at all. A week after the request the I-485 status changed to bio scheduled and I downloaded the bio appointment letter. 

That's interesting!  I found some reports where the the expedite requests were officially closed stating the lack of biometrics and asking them to raise the expedite request again once biometrics was completed.  It did sometimes seem to trigger off the biometrics appointment though.  Now I recall, you are able to see your notices etc on your online account correct?  Most of us who 100% paper filed don't have that option!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, neo_ny said:

Now I recall, you are able to see your notices etc on your online account correct?  Most of us who 100% paper filed don't have that option!

Yes, apparently that's the main advantage of e-filing. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Update: I had my biometrics apt on May 17th, 2 days later my case showed "fingerprints were taken" and the following day "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview".

Now playing the "be patient" game....

Also still have to go and get my physical exam done, but at this point I'm not sure if I should go ahead and get it done, or wait to get my interview date first. What do you think?

Under H1B valid until September 2022.

Marriage based AOS Timeline:

1. 9/30/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using USPS
  2. 10/2/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 10/26/2020 - Application rejected for outdated I-485 form
  4. 10/27/2020 - Application re-sent to USCIS lockbox using Fedex
  5. 11/19/2020 - Checks cashed (+ got my receipt numbers through online chat the following day)
  6. 11/29/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  7. 12/03/2020 - Received 4 NOAs in the mail.
  8. 05/17/2021 - Biometrics appointment
  9. 05/20/2021 - "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"
  10. 07/26/2021 - Case approved for my I-765 and I-131
  11. 09/01/2021 - Interview in San Antonio + "New Card Is Being Produced" status right away
  12. 09/02/2021 - "Case Is Approved" 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, marion2510 said:

Also still have to go and get my physical exam done, but at this point I'm not sure if I should go ahead and get it done, or wait to get my interview date first. What do you think?

As I read the rules, you're fine to do it now since that would be after the filing of the I-485.  Some think it expires if not sent in with the I-485.  We did ours a few months ago and will bring it to the interview if they won't take it at the bio.  Worst case they will send an RFE for another one after the interview.

Edited by Skyman

Timeline
12 hours ago, neo_ny said:

That's interesting!  I found some reports where the the expedite requests were officially closed stating the lack of biometrics and asking them to raise the expedite request again once biometrics was completed.  It did sometimes seem to trigger off the biometrics appointment though.  Now I recall, you are able to see your notices etc on your online account correct?  Most of us who 100% paper filed don't have that option!

Ok, so today we got an email they couldn't expedite the I-765 because no bio yet and we could re-request the expedite after they're done. So was the bio scheduled because of the expedite request, or just dumb luck? Who knows? But at least I felt like I was doing something.  Hahaha 

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, Skyman said:

Ok, so today we got an email they couldn't expedite the I-765 because no bio yet and we could re-request the expedite after they're done. 

This is consistent with a couple of cases I saw on reddit.  Like you said, it "felt" like you did something and you have your biometrics appointment, it was worth it I would say! Hope this gets the ball rolling for you and go straight to interview/GC without needing to expedite again!

Timeline

This is the part of the expedite denial email that makes me think the expedite request may have caused to biometrics to be scheduled but it's kind of vague:

Type of service requested:
 -- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

Our records indicate that we are awaiting your appearance for biometric processing. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics.  Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local Application Support Center (ASC). Once you have been scheduled, you will receive an ASC Appointment Notice containing the date, time, and location of your appointment.  You must take the ASC Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment. You may request expeditious processing again once we have received your biometrics.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Skyman said:

Today, June 1 I-130 status changed to Actively Reviewing.

Also June 1, I-130 Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

@Skyman & @Rachel F thanks to you guys posting about expediting, I decided to give it a shot ANNND it worked!!! Just got the update that my husband's card is being produced! Thanks so much!!

9/25/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox 

9/29/2020 - Package delivered to lockbox. 

10/21/2020 - Received 4 texts! Around 8:30pm

10/29/2020 - Received 4 NOA’s!! Priority date is 9/29/2020

1/29/2021 - Online status changed to RFE 

2/2/2021 - Biometrics letter received, appt 2/17/2021. 

2/17/2021 - Biometrics & I-944 RFE evidence received 

3/2/2021 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview! I-693 deficiency also came in the mail yesterday.

4/29/2021 - Spoke to rep via Emma, just that as of 3/18 case is processing.

5/27/2021- Request I-765 expedite via Emma

6/1/2021 - Expedite request received.

6/4/2021 - Card is being produced!

9/25/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox
9/29/2020 - Package delivered

10/21/2020 - Received 4 texts
10/29/2020 - Received 4 NOA's in mail, priority date 9/29/2020

1/29/2021 - Online status changed to RFE (I-944 now irrelevant)

2/2/2021 - Biometrics letter received, appointment 2/17/2021
2/17/2021 - Biometrics & RFE received

3/2/2021 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

5/27/2021 - Request I-765 expedite via Emma
6/1/2021 - Expedite request received

6/4/2021 - EAD card is being produced

6/8/2021 - Interview has been scheduled!

7/22/2021 - Interview - around 9:50pm that night, new card is being produced! 
7/23/2021 - Case is approved. 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No update yet for me, online still says 'Interview was Completed and Case Must Be Reviewed'.

It's been a whole month. How long do they need!? The guy did say I'd get it in a few weeks, maybe he was crazy, lol.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

No update for me. Still no biometric. I put in an expedite request for my I131 on humanitarian grounds today. Let's see if that triggers the biometric or not. I think myself and @Da&Da are the only September filers who have not had their biometrics yet. @Da&Da any update on your case? Here is the updated spreadsheet. 

image.thumb.png.5b8831d6d5f299902167528a634b6608.png

RoC Timeline:

1. 12/04/2023 - Application sent to USCIS Elgin, IL lockbox
  2. 12/07/2023 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 12/12/2023 - Received "Your case received" text message from USCIS. Receiipt # starts with IOE
  4. 12/13/2023 - Check cashed by USCIS
  5. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the I797 with the receipt number and the online access code
  6. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the bio-metric re-use notification
  7. 12/21/2023 - Received in mail the I797 NoA extending my green card by 48 months

Timeline
16 hours ago, nendu said:

No update for me. Still no biometric. I put in an expedite request for my I131 on humanitarian grounds today. Let's see if that triggers the biometric or not. I think myself and @Da&Da are the only September filers who have not had their biometrics yet. @Da&Da any update on your case? Here is the updated spreadsheet. 

image.thumb.png.5b8831d6d5f299902167528a634b6608.png

Not fair really.  You created the thread and have been maintaining the spreadsheet for all of us here and you still haven't had any action. I hope expediting the I-131 works for you but does the I-131 require bio? If not, it might not help. Try the I-765.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Skyman said:

Not fair really.  You created the thread and have been maintaining the spreadsheet for all of us here and you still haven't had any action. I hope expediting the I-131 works for you but does the I-131 require bio? If not, it might not help. Try the I-765.

It's frustrating, but I'm used to it. I've been living in United States legally since 2003. I've been on H1B since early 2010. Since I already have a H1B and have a stable job using that Visa, I don't really have any grounds to request an expedite for the I-765. I'm originally from India, and right now travel for H1B visa holders to and from India is banned. That is why I requested an AP travel document on humanitarian grounds as I'm thinking of visiting my aging parents in India. They have lost multiple close family members in the last few weeks due to covid-19, and psychologically it has been very hard for them. I want to visit India as soon as the covid situation is under control over there.

RoC Timeline:

1. 12/04/2023 - Application sent to USCIS Elgin, IL lockbox
  2. 12/07/2023 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 12/12/2023 - Received "Your case received" text message from USCIS. Receiipt # starts with IOE
  4. 12/13/2023 - Check cashed by USCIS
  5. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the I797 with the receipt number and the online access code
  6. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the bio-metric re-use notification
  7. 12/21/2023 - Received in mail the I797 NoA extending my green card by 48 months

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.