Jump to content
MNMT

NOA1 processing time of k1 visa

38 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

My fiance and I currently live in Japan and we've filed I-129F on Aug. 20th, and still haven't heard anything from USCIS.

Looking at people's timeline, looks like some people sent it after us but already got noa1 and that makes me really nervous.

Does this mean something went wrong?

The petitioner should get email or a mail right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

ours sent on July 1 and got the update on July 13th. Did you keep the tracking No? maybe you could track the file sent ?? They would send a Text first if you  put an US contact number in the file and mail NOA1 to you. NOwadays they process a little slower due to covid-19.

 

Good luck!! Hope you  could received it soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Maybe check and see if your check has been cashed? 


129F During COVID Times

March 7, 2020: 129F packet sent from Seattle, WA to Texas

March 10, 2020: USCIS receives packet (Receipt Date)

March 13, 2020: Received NOA1 hardcopy from USCIS (Notice Date)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

If you live in Japan, how did you send it? Because they don’t accept the petitions from overseas. You have to be in US when you send it. And they send you NOA 1 via USPS to your American address 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lin&Chou said:

ours sent on July 1 and got the update on July 13th. Did you keep the tracking No? maybe you could track the file sent ?? They would send a Text first if you  put an US contact number in the file and mail NOA1 to you. NOwadays they process a little slower due to covid-19.

 

Good luck!! Hope you  could received it soon. 

According to fedex, they received it 3 days after I sent it, and they've charged the filing fee, so I'm sure they havw our application.. I'll ask my fiance to check junk mail box again just make sure we didn't miss anything! Thanks for your reply! 

1 hour ago, jess.y said:

Maybe check and see if your check has been cashed? 

They charged the filing fee though, we haven't heard anything since then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olga88 said:

If you live in Japan, how did you send it? Because they don’t accept the petitions from overseas. You have to be in US when you send it. And they send you NOA 1 via USPS to your American address 

I'm afraid that's not true, you are able to file from overseas. 

Maybe that's why it's late I wonder? We put my fiance's parents address in the U.S., so they'll send noa1 to the address?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

If they already charged you then should be ok, what happened to us is that they sent text to my bf US number first and the NOA mail did not come in two weeks later. and Our check was actually being charged on the date my bf received the text. So have your finance's parents check their mailbox, it should be coming anytime soon

1 hour ago, MNMT said:

According to fedex, they received it 3 days after I sent it, and they've charged the filing fee, so I'm sure they havw our application.. I'll ask my fiance to check junk mail box again just make sure we didn't miss anything! Thanks for your reply! 

They charged the filing fee though, we haven't heard anything since then...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 hours ago, Olga88 said:

If you live in Japan, how did you send it? Because they don’t accept the petitions from overseas. You have to be in US when you send it. And they send you NOA 1 via USPS to your American address 

This is false.  I have personally filed from overseas using Fedex without issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lin&Chou said:

If they already charged you then should be ok, what happened to us is that they sent text to my bf US number first and the NOA mail did not come in two weeks later. and Our check was actually being charged on the date my bf received the text. So have your finance's parents check their mailbox, it should be coming anytime soon

 

Actually, right after I read your reply my fiance told me that his mom called him to tell that she received the NOA1! That was a huge relief!! Thank you so much for your help:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dr. Bob said:

This is false.  I have personally filed from overseas using Fedex without issue.

Glad to hear that! That's what I thought too, I remember hearing that as long as the petitioner is back and found a stable job before the interview it doesn't really matter where you file the form from!

Thanks for your reply:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
11 hours ago, Olga88 said:

If you live in Japan, how did you send it? Because they don’t accept the petitions from overseas. You have to be in US when you send it. And they send you NOA 1 via USPS to your American address 

USCIS does not care where you are physically located when you mail the petition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
17 hours ago, MNMT said:

Hi there,

My fiance and I currently live in Japan and we've filed I-129F on Aug. 20th, and still haven't heard anything from USCIS.

Looking at people's timeline, looks like some people sent it after us but already got noa1 and that makes me really nervous.

Does this mean something went wrong?

The petitioner should get email or a mail right?

It should be around 30 days if filing from the US. I’d expect it to take much more time coming from Japan so personally I wouldn’t be even be concerned if I hadn’t heard anything in 30 days...


Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

 

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

 

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

 

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 hours ago, MNMT said:

Actually, right after I read your reply my fiance told me that his mom called him to tell that she received the NOA1! That was a huge relief!! Thank you so much for your help:)

big congrats!! now join us with the long wait for NOA 2. :) good luck to both of us.~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...