2,966 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Risen said:

Ok. Please can you explain how to get Police clearance here in US?

I live in N.Y. so I went to police plaza in Manhattan. Depending on were you live..google the police H.Q/ precinct close to you..you can start by giving them a call and then on to scheduling an appointment..if they are accepting walk-ins in this times then go for it.👍let them know it's for immigration.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Godspeed, Boris!!! Best of luck and we all will be waiting for the good news!!!

Hope this is the beginning of a lot more eyebrows raising quick actions on our cases, especially NY filers :)))

Congrats to lucky interview receivers! 

Quick question: if you read my previous post, you saw how irresponsible my attorneys are and how they misguided me. Any way I can fire them? Since there are real consequences of their carelessness I am afraid that I was right with regards to the petition itself. They never checked anything, made a lottttt of mistakes and convinced me that my file looked fine even though I knew I should include/not include certain things. I trusted them as they are the attorneys and have experience and know better. Now, after my horrible experience with the interview, I am not confident in my petition and their work anymore. 

Where do I take from here?

Timeline

You can always get a printed copy of your filed package and get a second opinion, which may even be free. Just be mindful every person will have different opinion. Almost all of them will try to make it look like they're more competent and will want to take your money.

You have to deside for yourself. I get it, the frightening experience is still fresh and you want to do something about it. Many things are wrong, but please, be glad it wasn't any worse and irreversible! You want to take it out on the lawyer, lawyer wants to take it out on the IO. And both of you have right to do so, if you want. But how will this impact you and your case is the question. Do you really need additional headache? Always look for the positive, even when it's hard. If you feel super shaky about the case, fire the lawyer and go on with someone else or solo. It's up to you.

In my case lawyer chose just a few pieces of evidence and we have filed. (I was shocked, it took me months to collect everything I could). Also had a mistake here and there. Delay here and there. But nothing major. But I'm still confident in them. I'd rather take it with a grain of salt and avoid any changes to the application and cause more delays. All my correspondence is going there too.

If it was me, I would contact them when calmed down a little and ask why this happened and how this can be avoided. Aslo discuss a potential fee reduction/refund for pain and suffering, also to avoid negative reviews all over internet. If you spend time choosing them, not just from yellow pages or google, I'd rather stick with them. This is pretty embarrassing situation for them too, and if decent, will look for your case with extra care from now on. If indifferent or trying to shift blame - fire! Usually the next lawyer will assist you with getting your money back.

Again it's up to you, but don't rush.

If your confidence in the petition is below 0, and there are inconsistensies, wrong info, too many typos you can withdraw it and file again. But if it is just missing some extra evidence, hold on tight to it, maybe add more in case of RFE or appeal. Otherwise, I trust you checked everything before signing, it may as well be approved as is, let it be.

Hopefully this will be your last interview and hardest part of the journey EVER! I wish everything else will glide through to the N400 for you!🤗

You're already not in the city, so let NY be in the past. Look forward, my dear!!!

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, sandranj said:

Usually the doctors give the results within 48/72 

The doctors don't have any appointments available till after my interview.  My case will get denied. 

Timeline

Wow that was loooong, 😬

Long story short, if not needed to refile and I-485 gets transferred, just roll with it even if doesn't seem right at first. The headache and time to go through all this again isn't worth it!

Sending positive vibes,🥰🤗💃🤗🤸‍♀️🧜‍♀️🧚‍♀️

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey family,

I have my i485 interview already in 3 weeks. I need to take medical but nobody in my area has any appointments for me to do the physical. 

I need to know how can I cancel my i485 ? 

Thank you 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MariFD said:

The doctors don't have any appointments available till after my interview.  My case will get denied. 

5 minutes ago, MariFD said:

Hey family,

I have my i485 interview already in 3 weeks. I need to take medical but nobody in my area has any appointments for me to do the physical. 

Thank you 

What is your area? In some areas there are doctors in minute clinic or urgent care offering this service.

If can take a bus/train/car/super sonic rocket just to get it done and not to have to reschedule it. Who knows when you can get it scheduled again?!

Also I believe I've read here that you can still go to the interview without it and explain why you don't have if. I think they will understand, especially with RoRo starting all over again and that you've had a short notice. You can send it later as unsolicited mail or let them send RFE. Please correct me if it is false.

Edited by Mish20
add on

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 10/15/2020 at 10:36 AM, ValeryK said:

I submitted i360 in July, 2020. I already had i485 pending since July, 2018. On September 25, 2020 I received a notice that my i485 was successfully transferred from NBC to VSC, which means Vawa Unit has my i485 now. 
Today I got a letter from NBC with the date of interview. First of all, NBC no longer has my i485. Second of all, my VAWA was never approved because I just submitted it a few months ago. What do I do? Why would they schedule interview if they don’t have my i485 anymore? My lawyer is saying we need to cancel the interview.  

If it was me I would just go to the interview, why wouldn't you? They may place it on hold and when VSC approved your VAWA you could just receive a GC in the mail without having to go to the interview again.

11 hours ago, sandranj said:

You have  to ask  the local office in NYC to ship your file to TexasSubmit a copy of your  VAWA approval.But keep in mind USCIS is messy and they may not send your I-485/I-360 to Texas and deny your case because if didn't attend the interview.

Oh Gosh... Thank you so much for your advice. I scheduled an info pass appointment for tomorrow, hoping it can bring some clarity to this mess.

10 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Is not passport copy, is 2 style passport photo.....  my renewal was return yesterday because I did not included 2x passport photo... I don't know if this is new or what I resent again. 

So strange, I also didn't include photos and my renewal got accepted in August.

7 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Anyways, because of 3 hour wait and then the actual interview I missed my flight back. I was hysterically crying coming out and was shaking, I think I scared other immigrants, lol. I hoped I wouldn't cry during the interview. I hope I can start controlling it some time soon.

Wow your story kind of made me tear up, the brutality of some officers appears to have no limits. Hopefully it will mean that after VAWA approval you will just get your GC in the mail, so the worst part gotta be over.

2 hours ago, Risen said:

Ok. Please can you explain how to get Police clearance here in US?

If you lived in different states might as well get FBI clearance. You can request it online and go get your fingerprints taken as a private facility, google how to do that.

9 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Your lawyer isn't paying close attention to detail. Looks like they brighten up only at the money part and scoop you to the corner. If you're paying them then it's unacceptable to represent you through the phone! Ridiculous! Left for you to decide.💁

I agree, totally ridiculous!

3 hours ago, MariFD said:

Your case will not get denied! Worst case scenario..RFE for medicals before they approve you..it's been done here severally. Someone else here mentioned they were able to get an emergency medicals done and received next day...don't relent now..look for and offer whatever the cost for it. You will get it..you've got this!👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, Vale1 said:

Same! Same everything! November 2018 and pending security check. Frankly I would rather hope to be “alone” in this metter that means no one had be feel as I do but looks like November 2018 group of people stuck in growing. 😑

Same here...waiting security check.. Nov 2018

Filed: Timeline
12 hours ago, MariFD said:

Hey family,

Thank you 

Keep on calling the doctors, even two cities away. Some places have walk in. Keeping checking but don't cancel your appointment.

Go without it if you don't find a doctor. But please don't cancel. Some officers will even ask you to hand deliver it when it's ready. They give you their name and a room number where to drop it yourself. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Good morning everyone.. so my daughter and I just got done with our interview and I was handed  a paper saying that I've just completed my interview.. and uscis is unable to complete my case at this Time. My case is being continued until a final decision has been made.. and the reason for continuance she selected the first box that says . Your case is being held for further review. They don't require anymore information or document and I'll receive a notice in the mail if they do and that they may schedule me for another interview otherwise a final decision will be mailed to me once my case is complete.. I tried sending a picture but it's not allowing me to upload it.. 

I have no idea what that means.. so I'm her in the parking lot updating you guys cause I'm nerves as always

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.