Babaloo

K1 Manila interview during Covid19

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for writing to the US Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you would like to request for an interview appointment of the applicant.

Please note that as of March 16, 2020, the United States Embassy in the Philippines ceased all non-immigrant and immigrant visa appointments and processing due to the Philippine’s enhanced community quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.

This is again the same reply i got from US embassy in Manila.

It does not matter what i do it  is always the same. 

I got US citizen child there( consular birth abroad), her own   child got over 21 and can not come to US as k2 anymore, regardless i contacted embassy also of this aging out situation and response  was the same, due to quarantine no visa processing available.

Statistics on travel.state.gov month of March 2020 has lots of k1 issued, than 16 march all closed, april/may 2 visas each month, but june  60 visas k1, july not there yet.

I been in contact with embassy 2wice a month and always same replies, they just turning me away. Phones don't answer, email replies with huge delays(2-3 weeks) and still saying no visa processing, online appointments not available to book.

Question is how people are getting interviews  with K1 during this pandemic? 

My case i think is brutally neglected,  K2 aged out, k1 is  alien mother of US citizen child stranded abroad(how about Trumps proclamations) and i was in communication with embassy all the time.

I am not trying to say i am special and have to go over everybody's head, but interview was 2 weeks due before all was closed and those proclamations and regulations guided me in direction ( or i was misled)  that i can expedite but nothing happened, reply the same - wait for routine visa appointments gets resumed.

What grounds people have when they getting interviews as k1 during this pandemic??? And where to complain regarding embassy attitude?  I feel i am piece of s.....t not a US citizen.

Edited by Babaloo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
    2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
  • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Babaloo said:

US citizen child stranded abroad(how about Trumps proclamations)

The US citizen child is not stranded abroad due to Trump- US citizens can travel back to the US -the US borders have never been closed for US citizens .

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

We are in the middle of a pandemic and ALL embassies have been closed. Unless you have an emergency case, a need to expedite your case that meets their parameters, or you are a US citizen you will be unable to move forward until the embassies begin to open. If none of these matches your desire emailing will get you the same result. 

The PI embassy was to open and have contacted those affected with the shutdown to seek a medical and choose a interview date, but Manila went into a new lockdown and put the kibosh on that idea. Sometimes things are out of the control of the embassy and they must adhere to the local governmental "requirements". 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

The US citizen child is not stranded abroad due to Trump- US citizens can travel back to the US -the US borders have never been closed for US citizens .

You think so? So tell this to my daughter who is 2 years old she did not know this.

I don't work with USCIS no more, nor with NVC, those guys are gone. I work with US embassy in Manila only regarding my case.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-certain-additional-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-novel-coronavirus/

That the proclamation,  section 2. part (iii) 

Sec. 2. Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry.
(a) Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States;

(ii) any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

(iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;

section (ii) is honored and cr1 are issued, but my case is section (iii) and for some reason i am ignored by embassy.My k1 is parent of US citizen child of 2 years old.

thanks for your reply, not helpful at all instead it is - not informative and ignorant.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Babaloo said:

You think so? So tell this to my daughter who is 2 years old she did not know this.

I don't work with USCIS no more, nor with NVC, those guys are gone. I work with US embassy in Manila only regarding my case.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-certain-additional-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-novel-coronavirus/

(ii) any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

(iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;

section (ii) is honored and cr1 are issued, but my case is section (iii) and for some reason i am ignored by embassy.My k1 is parent of US citizen child of 2 years old.

thanks for your reply, not helpful at all instead it is - not informative and ignorant.

I’m still not seeing how a US citizen is stranded abroad by the above proclamation. 
It seems Manila has failed you, not Trump. If your daughter had a competent US citizen or LPR with her she could freely travel to the US.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

3 minutes ago, Babaloo said:

You were given an answer by @Luckycuds which is correct, informative and NOT ignorant. Don't shoot the messenger!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

I’m still not seeing how a US citizen is stranded abroad by the above proclamation. 
It seems Manila has failed you, not Trump. If your daughter had a competent US citizen or LPR with her she could freely travel to the US.

Competent US citizen or LPR? 

Thats what you said, but TRUMP proclamation says, if US citizen child has alien mother this proclamation gives green light to alien mother come to US, thus my K1 must be admitted for interview same as CR1, now you understand? US citizen stranded abroad because of US embassy in Manila not following rules.

My daughter has competent alien mother.

Edited by Babaloo

13 minutes ago, Babaloo said:

, but TRUMP proclamation says,

The website you posted talks about Brazil. Look at section 1. It talks about if the immigrant/nonimmigrant was in Brazil 14 days before arriving in the US. Was your special lady in Brazil? Did you read the whole proclamation?  

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Babaloo said:

Competent US citizen or LPR? 

Thats what you said, but TRUMP proclamation says, if US citizen child has alien mother this proclamation gives green light to alien mother come to US, thus my K1 must be admitted for interview same as CR1, now you understand? US citizen stranded abroad because of US embassy in Manila not following rules.

My daughter has competent alien mother.

You proved my point- Trump never said a US citizen is stranded abroad. Like I said it’s the Manila embassy that failed you NOT Trump/the proclamation. I’m not going to argue; you asked “What grounds people have when they getting interviews as k1 during this pandemic???“ and I provided it to you directly from the source. I also corrected you when you incorrectly stated the below. You are clearly only going to look at this with emotion and not logic. Good luck getting your family to the US.

1 hour ago,  Babaloo said: 

US citizen child stranded abroad(how about Trumps proclamations)

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Timeline
45 minutes ago, user555 said:

The website you posted talks about Brazil. Look at section 1. It talks about if the immigrant/nonimmigrant was in Brazil 14 days before arriving in the US. Was your special lady in Brazil? Did you read the whole proclamation?  

Wow you are correct: it’s for those Who’ve been in Brazil. Good catch. I’m out.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

La Paz Embassy in Bolivia apparently now looking over our K1 file now...  ☺️

Good evening,

We will review your case for eligibility and possible processing.  This process could take several weeks.  Please note that processing at other posts in the region is also limited and any transfer will likely result in an even longer delay due to backlogs at other posts. 

Sincerely,

Visa Unit

Consular Section

La Paz, Bolivia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tracer6158 said:

La Paz Embassy in Bolivia apparently now looking over our K1 file now...  ☺️

Good evening,

We will review your case for eligibility and possible processing.  This process could take several weeks.  Please note that processing at other posts in the region is also limited and any transfer will likely result in an even longer delay due to backlogs at other posts. 

Sincerely,

Visa Unit

Consular Section

La Paz, Bolivia

Hey, Did you expedite your case for the interview? And if you don't mind,  can you tell me what was the reason for expedite? Thanks.

Edited by H8393

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.