Daria Parkinson

Guys, please help!!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Which type of medical insurance is required to provide for interview?? Would a simple tourist insurance work?

thanks in advance.

No. Simple tourist insurance is for tourists. You would need A health insurance policy in the US. Your spouse should be working on this for you. He can obtain a quote through his insurance or purchase a plan on healthcare.gov

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

No, coming on Immigrant spousal visa.

what’s ACA?

Affordable care act. Your husband is going to be the one to work on this for you. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

No. Simple tourist insurance is for tourists. You would need A health insurance policy in the US. Your spouse should be working on this for you. He can obtain a quote through his insurance or purchase a plan on healthcare.gov

Is it possible to do without social security number?? Prepare in advance before the interview??

Timeline
Just now, Daria Parkinson said:

Is it possible to do without social security number?? Prepare in advance before the interview??

Yes and if he is having trouble on his end he needs to escalate it to his human resource dept.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What is he intending to do for  himself?

6 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Thank you. He doesn’t have his own insurance as well.

Could he include you?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

He does not have one himself.

Maybe to obtain plan for both of us?..

That would be the best bet.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

21 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Which type of medical insurance is required to provide for interview?? Would a simple tourist insurance work?

thanks in advance.

As far as I know, the public charge rule has been blocked nationwide. You don’t need to demonstrate how you’re getting a health insurance plan during the interview. But the rule was blocked on 29th July temporarily. If the interview is being scheduled anytime soon, you don’t need to worry. Pls check the USCIS website for further info. State Department is yet to announce their response to the court’s decision. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, L&U said:

As far as I know, the public charge rule has been blocked nationwide. You don’t need to demonstrate how you’re getting a health insurance plan during the interview. But the rule was blocked on 29th July temporarily. If the interview is being scheduled anytime soon, you don’t need to worry. Pls check the USCIS website for further info. State Department is yet to announce their response to the court’s decision. 

For how long will this rule be blocked??

Edited by Daria Parkinson

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Regardless of the Public Charge rule... go get yourself and your husband a decent medical insurance. Not having one in this country is a temerity, even if you are the healthiest guy in the planet.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, juancarlos said:

Regardless of the Public Charge rule... go get yourself and your husband a decent medical insurance. Not having one in this country is a temerity, even if you are the healthiest guy in the planet.

Wow. Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.