Daria Parkinson

Guys, please help!!

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Daria Parkinson said:

For how long will this rule be blocked??

That’s a temporary injunction. Cannot predict when they would lift it. According to the court rulings, it says the public charge has been ordered to block until the declared national health emergency is over. And it’s true what juancarlos says, you must get yourself and your spouse enrolled in an insurance plan to avoid costly medical bills in the future. America is expensive for immigrants.

I wasn't able to get health insurance until 10 weeks after I moved as my SSN didn't come through. I was under the understanding that you could get medical without SSN, and we tried. Moral of the story though, get it is you can, I broke my tooth two days before I was officially covered. Bill was $1200 but we negotiated down to $900, we were lucky to afford it. I was worried as I also have asthma. My UK doctor gave me 12 months worth of medicine to tide me over as well or I would have been up s**t street due to the delay in my SSN. I did tick the SSN on DS-260 too so make sure you chase that as it seems a lot of us had to wait a long time for them. I moved April 2020.

I am insured now, but if you can get it, get it to take the weight off your mind.

Edited by jennywhite421
medication

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
51 minutes ago, jennywhite421 said:

I wasn't able to get health insurance until 10 weeks after I moved as my SSN didn't come through. I was under the understanding that you could get medical without SSN, and we tried. Moral of the story though, get it is you can, I broke my tooth two days before I was officially covered. Bill was $1200 but we negotiated down to $900, we were lucky to afford it. I was worried as I also have asthma. My UK doctor gave me 12 months worth of medicine to tide me over as well or I would have been up s**t street due to the delay in my SSN. I did tick the SSN on DS-260 too so make sure you chase that as it seems a lot of us had to wait a long time for them. I moved April 2020.

I am insured now, but if you can get it, get it to take the weight off your mind.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Better to get just for couple months or at once for the entire year? What do you think? Or even to try a special spousal medical insurance?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Generally Insirance is bought annually now a new immigrant is likely to need to buy for part of a year initially, until the end of December.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
5 hours ago, jennywhite421 said:

We have also ticked for SSN on DS-260 and entered USA 1st week of July. How long did it take for you to get SSN? Also did you have to apply again here in US or the tick on DS-260 worked?

Thanks

Category F3

PD 12 Feb 2007

All Chargeability Areas

14 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Better to get just for couple months or at once for the entire year? What do you think? Or even to try a special spousal medical insurance?

If I'm honest, I don't know where to get the special insurance but if you can get it, I'd do it and if for three months would be good (if the insurance company lets you ).

wpid-1030ldr.gif

10 hours ago, Feb2007 said:

We have also ticked for SSN on DS-260 and entered USA 1st week of July. How long did it take for you to get SSN? Also did you have to apply again here in US or the tick on DS-260 worked?

Thanks

Mine took ten weeks, I ended up calling the SSA about four times then they gave me an appointment (social distancing one). I had to re-apply again, but took  the DS-260 to show I was in the right.

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Timeline

What is special insurance?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

51 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I was curious on this, as it didn't seem to be an option when I moved

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Timeline

Yes

On 8/6/2020 at 6:06 AM, Boiler said:

I want to know, too.  I even work in health care, and I've not heard of this 'special insurance.'

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I want to know, too.  I even work in health care, and I've not heard of this 'special insurance.'

I worked in Insurance for more years than I caret remember.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.