Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey all, 

Feels like I'm possibly the slowest-moving case here. Just got my biometrics appointment for July 30th. Been waiting since my NOA dated Aug 19 2020, close to a year just to do biometrics!

Seattle is seriously backlogged :(

Timeline

Some of us may have more info but if those case status estimates are real it can suck. SO we should be realistic and consider the times for our local offices. we shouldn't be surprised in seeing processing times swing from the fastest to the slowest. Hang in there!💪

On 7/8/2021 at 10:55 PM, kkmk said:

I talked to Emma and they said they couldn't see the date and that i should wait for the letter, completely unhelpful 😕

also, how do you know that the medical exam collected by CBP is or isn't valid? 

On 7/8/2021 at 11:50 PM, kkmk said:

btw i meant that emma was unhelpful, not you polite parrot! lol 

lol. You're good. Did you try messaging them again? It's funny that sharing these notices and dates can't be done through their portal when you create an account.

OK, so I pulled up our notes and it should be within one year with no issues, and all vaccines recorded. I don't know how well USCIS knows this since it's a funny one with some logic required to meet. I know it was valid when I used it for the K1 visa interview, and that it should be (our interviewer said it was) in the sealed packet I gave to CBP upon entry. According to the i-693 instructions on page 8:

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and

(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or

(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10. of Form I-693.

You may wish to ask the medical office that conducted the exam for a copy of the vaccine part of the form, DS-3025. Our interviewer didn't ask for our copy and said that the exam was OK.

On 7/13/2021 at 10:19 PM, jsmith2020 said:

Is a new picture taken at the interview for the green card? Or do they use one of the pictures we submitted before or the picture taken at biometrics?

Biometrics pics for me, which means I wasted like $20+ for like 4 pairs of passport style pics lol. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Been so long since anything happened for us that we have not viewed the August filers blog.  Good to see so many people have moved through the interviews and received their green cards.   Finally have interview scheduled for August 5th.  One year to the day they accepted our 485.  Since we filed the 485 within one year of the overseas medical, we assume all will be well.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline
On 7/12/2021 at 11:44 AM, StellaRaMona said:

Hey all, 

Feels like I'm possibly the slowest-moving case here. Just got my biometrics appointment for July 30th. Been waiting since my NOA dated Aug 19 2020, close to a year just to do biometrics!

Seattle is seriously backlogged :(

I finally got a mail from USCIS few days ago after 7 months silence from them, was hoping that it was appointment for interview, but instead it was a second appointment for biometrics even though I had one for EAD in January... No idea how some people from same period (August) are getting their green cards produced while others are only getting the biometrics almost a year later. To make matters worse, I am pretty sure some people in this topic were also getting their green cards produced without an interview scheduled even.

Really need help guys!! I am married to a USCitizen and have our interview scheduled for July 26 week. PD is Aug 18, 2020. The issue is I am going to back to school for grad school in North Carolina and we have gotten an apartment there. We will split time between both places and will keep our Michigan place as our primary residence. Our licenses say Michigan address and that’s what we submitted our application with. We own the Michigan place. 

Our lease for the apartment in North Carolina started July 24 and we will be moving in July 30. Should we be mentioning this during the interview if they ask if there was a change in address? My husband will work remotely and both our names are on the North Carolina lease and our house in Michigan.

On 7/15/2021 at 4:14 PM, Toby_HB said:

Biometrics pics for me, which means I wasted like $20+ for like 4 pairs of passport style pics lol. 

damn that sucks... my biometrics pic is horrible...

as for your passport style pics, i'm sure you'll be able to use them on future filings with the USCIS (removal of conditions etc, they always ask for passport style pics, right? hahaha)

On 7/15/2021 at 1:14 PM, Toby_HB said:

LOL! That makes two of us. Honestly what was the point of all that. This whole application process had a lot of repetition and redundancies. Would've been nice if USCIS recognized the problems a long time ago but at least we accomplished what we set out to do. Godspeed to future applicants hahaha

On 7/18/2021 at 10:04 PM, INF said:

Really need help guys!! I am married to a USCitizen and have our interview scheduled for July 26 week. PD is Aug 18, 2020. The issue is I am going to back to school for grad school in North Carolina and we have gotten an apartment there. We will split time between both places and will keep our Michigan place as our primary residence. Our licenses say Michigan address and that’s what we submitted our application with. We own the Michigan place. 

Our lease for the apartment in North Carolina started July 24 and we will be moving in July 30. Should we be mentioning this during the interview if they ask if there was a change in address? My husband will work remotely and both our names are on the North Carolina lease and our house in Michigan.

Just ask the officer. We will also move this month and she just told us to change the address whenever best for us, since my in laws are at the old address and that it's probably best to not change it until later, since it can take longer when you change it after the interview...

Hey guys, hope all is well. 

how long is our medical good for? My pg is August 2020 (AOS), did my medical in July 2020, how long is it good for??

I just got scheduled l, not sure of the date yet but wants to know if I’d need to redo my medical to take with me to interview? 

On 7/23/2021 at 1:26 PM, Ny2020 said:

how long is our medical good for? My pg is August 2020 (AOS), did my medical in July 2020, how long is it good for??

I just got scheduled l, not sure of the date yet but wants to know if I’d need to redo my medical to take with me to interview? 

4. Validity Period of Form I-693 (Including Use of Prior Versions)

• USCIS issues a decision on the underlying immigration benefit application no more than 2 years after the date the civil surgeon signed Form I-693. [24] 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4

On 7/23/2021 at 4:26 PM, Ny2020 said:

I am pretty sure that, if you filed the application within a year of the medical, you should not have to redo the medical for the interview.

I finally received my Green Card in the mail yesterday! Took only 63 days after the approval 😅

Edited by Fenja
spacing

On 7/24/2021 at 4:51 PM, Toby_HB said:

4. Validity Period of Form I-693 (Including Use of Prior Versions)

• USCIS issues a decision on the underlying immigration benefit application no more than 2 years after the date the civil surgeon signed Form I-693. [24] 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4

Thank you

On 7/25/2021 at 7:53 AM, Fenja said:

I am pretty sure that, if you filed the application within a year of the medical, you should not have to redo the medical for the interview.

I finally received my Green Card in the mail yesterday! Took only 63 days after the approval 😅

Congrats 🎉, I’m scheduled finally for interview! 63 days!! Happy u finally got it tho.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.