Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/14/2020 at 2:29 PM, KarenSeed said:

I sent the I-944 with my packet. Glad you're getting movement on your case :)

Definitely! What supporting docs did you send. Working on it now but ahhh it’s a lot! Hoping to send by end of month. Thanks! 

PD date of August 18, 2021 and I am still waiting for biometrics in Detroit! Fingers crossed for Jan or Feb...multiple requests, tier 2 officers saying they can’t do anything. It’s a useless uphill battle... just need to wait for it to be scheduled hopefully before June 2021?!

Edited by INF

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Update: Send off my wife's RFE for I-944 yesterday and this time I made sure we had everything, so hopefully we will get the approval in January and get an interview date. :)

36 minutes ago, Justin & Sara said:

Update: Send off my wife's RFE for I-944 yesterday and this time I made sure we had everything, so hopefully we will get the approval in January and get an interview date. :)

Yes I'm hoping all goes well!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

10 hours ago, INF said:

PD date of August 18, 2021 and I am still waiting for biometrics in Detroit! Fingers crossed for Jan or Feb...multiple requests, tier 2 officers saying they can’t do anything. It’s a useless uphill battle... just need to wait for it to be scheduled hopefully before June 2021?!

Same here. I am also still waiting for biometrics in Detroit. I didn’t even get a RFE for I944. So frustrating! I hope we get our appointments soon. 

19 minutes ago, Lemon Plus said:

Same here. I am also still waiting for biometrics in Detroit. I didn’t even get a RFE for I944. So frustrating! I hope we get our appointments soon. 

:( can’t do anything other than wait and hope! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 12/18/2020 at 8:56 AM, GwenM said:

Same boat. Received RFIE for I-944 Oct 26, and that’s all we have received. No bio letters. Field office is Philly, but bio would be in York, PA.

I have the exact same field office and bio place. Let me know if you hear anything about bio. I got my I-944 RFIE this week. 

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 12/19/2020 at 11:00 AM, Lemon Plus said:

what is your PD? mine is September/10. i just got RFIE today. I think for i944

Timeline
On 12/19/2020 at 9:39 AM, Justin & Sara said:

what did you deal with beneficiary's job, tax ...  in i944 if your wife did not ever work in US? i am dealing with i944 , just got RFIE today. thank you

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Lemon Plus said:

Mine is October 11. Did you get your biometrics appointment?

i did not, i hope i will get it right after i944 . U get anything yet?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline
On 12/18/2020 at 12:01 PM, Versus said:

Can someone confirm whether the case gets updated once the biometrics appointment notice is shipped to the applicant or not? I have seen people say both yes and no. After seeing a lot of August/September people getting theirs in the mail, I am tempted to send in an e-Request to check whether I missed mine, in case they're not updating the website with such information.

Thank you in advance.

Turns out that my biometrics appointment was in the mail as I was writing this. No case update on the website, just a date on the notice of 01/07/2021. I shipped my AoS package back in August 10th, received RFIE for i-944 on November 10th, sent the i-944 package on December 12th. They scheduled my biometrics appointment in parallel (even though they claim online that the whole process was on hold), because they did not receive my i-944 until December 16th.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jimmy Lee said:

what did you deal with beneficiary's job, tax ...  in i944 if your wife did not ever work in US? i am dealing with i944 , just got RFIE today. thank you

@Jimmy Lee So, she wrote a letter explaining the jobs she did in Brazil and proof of the jobs she worked, and we had it translated to English (proof of jobs). For the tax info, I put myself as household member with my tax info, since I am the only one in the household with an income. My wife don't work here yet, so I didn't put her down for this part. I hope that make sense. Make sure you go through and read the instructions VERY CAREFULLY. This was our second RFE for I-944. Are you the beneficiary or your wife?

Edited by Justin & Sara

Timeline
1 hour ago, Justin & Sara said:

@Jimmy Lee So, she wrote a letter explaining the jobs she did in Brazil and proof of the jobs she worked, and we had it translated to English (proof of jobs). For the tax info, I put myself as household member with my tax info, since I am the only one in the household with an income. My wife don't work here yet, so I didn't put her down for this part. I hope that make sense. Make sure you go through and read the instructions VERY CAREFULLY. This was our second RFE for I-944. Are you the beneficiary or your wife?

Thank you so much for your reply. I am beneficiary.

1. This is the second RFE for I-944? what did you miss for the 1st RFE for I-944? Her past jobs?

2. She wrote the letter explaining her jobs in Brazil by herself? or needed a letter from her previous employers?

I worked in my friend salon before but just did odd jobs so just had a free stay....I did not get salary so I did not file tax at all. Well, I do not know what I should deal with tax part in i944🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ i944 is really annoying. Some parts of i944 are of opacity!

Edited by Jimmy Lee

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Jimmy Lee said:

Thank you so much for your reply. I am beneficiary.

1. This is the second RFE for I-944? what did you miss for the 1st RFE for I-944? Her past jobs?

2. She wrote the letter explaining her jobs in Brazil by herself? or needed a letter from her previous employers?

I worked in my friend salon before but just did odd jobs so just had a free stay....I did not get salary so I did not file tax at all. Well, I do not know what I should deal with tax part in i944🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ i944 is really annoying. Some parts of i944 are of opacity!

You are welcome @Jimmy Lee

1. I didn't include her foreign education evaluation of equivalency.

2. Just a letter she wrote explaining her jobs. 

3. Did you received the money from the salon in cash? If so, you are good to go. If not, then you would have to file your taxes. So, whoever is in your household that has an income (filed their taxes) you have to list them in Part 3. Household income. 

Yeah I agree with you, it is so annoying, but this is the process to get the green card. You literally have to have evidence for everything. I highly recommend you to download the instructions here. https://www.uscis.gov/i-944

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.