Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
22 hours ago, partyintheUSA said:

Excellent!! Have you submitted? I'm interested to see what the timing on EAD/AP is for you, that will tell us a bit about how they're approaching things.

Not yet unfortunately as we have been dealing with a few personal matters first but we will very soon. I always keep our timeline up to date ASAP and as detailed as possible, so I’ll definitely keep everyone updated, not only there, but in this thread too as usual. 

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tigerlily87 said:

Getting a package from Dhl today from Missouri.  Could this be something USCIS?

I’d be super surprised if USCIS is using a German based courier to send immigration documents but then again, it’s 2020 :) More likely some kind of gift, maybe from
abroad? Missouri is a big shipping hub for imports due to its location.

Click to reveal AOS Timeline:

Spoiler

08/19/20  I-130, I-485 Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

08/21/20 I-130, I-485 Accepted

09/04/20  Credit Card Charged

09/13/20  Text With Receipt Number (x2)

09/24/20  I-130, I-485 NOA received

11/17/20  Response to RFIE Requesting I-944 Delivered to USCIS

11/18/20 Account Updated to show Response to I-944 RFIE Was Received

1/23/20 Biometrics Appointment Notice Received (Notice Dated 1/16)

2/10/20 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello guys. Do I need to file I-131 again for an Emergency Advance Parole Travel Document if I already filed the form in the initial application 3 months ago? Do I need to pay de filing fee or is it also waived due to a pending I-485? I have an emergency and need to travel to my home country ASAP .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jacobo said:

Hello guys. Do I need to file I-131 again for an Emergency Advance Parole Travel Document if I already filed the form in the initial application 3 months ago? Do I need to pay de filing fee or is it also waived due to a pending I-485? I have an emergency and need to travel to my home country ASAP .

Every time I ask something, no one answers me here :( 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jacobo said:

Why do you think you need to file another I-131 if you already filed one? Are you talking about expediting?

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/travel-documents/emergency-travel

If you’re talking about expediting your I-131, this link may be of use to you. 

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

13 hours ago, Jacobo said:

No personal experience with the Emergency AP but from the website it does look like you need to fill out a new app and pay a new fee if you go that route. But things may have changed since COVID (harder to schedule an appointment) so maybe they'll let you do it over the phone/mail or rush an expedite request instead and save you the new application. Give them a call and investigate getting a congress person involved if you run into difficulty, that seems to speed up the process.

Regardless, I want to wish you luck in getting permission to travel and dealing with your emergency. I hope it is over soon!

Click to reveal AOS Timeline:

Spoiler

08/19/20  I-130, I-485 Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

08/21/20 I-130, I-485 Accepted

09/04/20  Credit Card Charged

09/13/20  Text With Receipt Number (x2)

09/24/20  I-130, I-485 NOA received

11/17/20  Response to RFIE Requesting I-944 Delivered to USCIS

11/18/20 Account Updated to show Response to I-944 RFIE Was Received

1/23/20 Biometrics Appointment Notice Received (Notice Dated 1/16)

2/10/20 Biometrics Appointment

I submitted the I-944 a few days ago following the RFE and it was received by USICS yesterday. I got a notification this morning saying that the evidence was received and they're working on my case again. Fingers crossed no more RFEs, and bio soon please USCIS!

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

1 hour ago, lgb2015 said:

I submitted the I-944 a few days ago following the RFE and it was received by USICS yesterday. I got a notification this morning saying that the evidence was received and they're working on my case again. Fingers crossed no more RFEs, and bio soon please USCIS!

You'll be fine, at least you got that out of the way!!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

You'll be fine, at least you got that out of the way!!!!!!

Do they hold the case and not do your bio till you fill out the RFE

23 minutes ago, INF said:

Do they hold the case and not do your bio till you fill out the RFE

Yes until You send in your RFE your case is on a processing hold.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Everyone! I received a USCIS notification in my I-485. It says I was mailed a RFIE. Any idea of what it could be 😭 my mail has been getting lost so I will have to wait until I receive or request after 12/10! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Carolina G said:

Did you file a I-944? If not then it would be that. If you just received the notification it is way too early to panic. Give it atleast 7 days. And then you can reach out to a tier 2 officer to resend it have the rfie emailed to you 

Thank you for responding! I did not file the I-944. My husband and I both switched jobs, does anyone know if we need to provide the new info or from previous employer? Thanks! 

618241745_ScreenShot2020-03-20at5_34_47PM.thumb.png.e58b3e33a29e743641b85841adff9b00.png

Speaking of. What are you guys ticking in this part. Should I put yes filing an application for an immigration benefit for myself? No for my husband and then yes for my K2?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.