Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, lstm said:

I know it sounds weird but the RFIE asks to send them NOW medical and I944. I am employment based and they tend to waive interviews for us. But either way I have to respond to RFIE. 

That makes sense then.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, ek1357 said:

I am the petitioner.. but I speak as if I’m both because I am doing everything for both. 

oh ok! my husband is petitioner, he printed his tax transcript directly from IRS website 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jimmy Lee said:

oh ok! my husband is petitioner, he printed his tax transcript directly from IRS website 

I can’t get on the IRS website :( they need you to have a financial account like credit card or mortgage account to use to verify your ID. My only credit card is Amex which they cannot use! I mailed my full tax return today though so I hope this will be enough and biometrics will be coming next🤞 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, ek1357 said:

I can’t get on the IRS website :( they need you to have a financial account like credit card or mortgage account to use to verify your ID. My only credit card is Amex which they cannot use! I mailed my full tax return today though so I hope this will be enough and biometrics will be coming next🤞 

it will take you forever to get response from IRS through mail, I filed my tax through mail to IRS in June and now I have not still got anything from them 😫

Edited by Jimmy Lee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Received an RFIE for the 944 today, dated November 4th (they really wanted to get these out while they still could!) Will be sending it back later this week.

Click to reveal AOS Timeline:

Spoiler

08/19/20  I-130, I-485 Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

08/21/20 I-130, I-485 Accepted

09/04/20  Credit Card Charged

09/13/20  Text With Receipt Number (x2)

09/24/20  I-130, I-485 NOA received

11/17/20  Response to RFIE Requesting I-944 Delivered to USCIS

11/18/20 Account Updated to show Response to I-944 RFIE Was Received

1/23/20 Biometrics Appointment Notice Received (Notice Dated 1/16)

2/10/20 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Didn't say they can't. But I think most people would agree the writing is on the wall for the 944, and I think the USCIS knows it, too. Election + hold announced Nov. 3 and they mailed a bunch of 944 RFIE letters as soon as they could the next day ... doubt that was a coincidence.

Click to reveal AOS Timeline:

Spoiler

08/19/20  I-130, I-485 Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

08/21/20 I-130, I-485 Accepted

09/04/20  Credit Card Charged

09/13/20  Text With Receipt Number (x2)

09/24/20  I-130, I-485 NOA received

11/17/20  Response to RFIE Requesting I-944 Delivered to USCIS

11/18/20 Account Updated to show Response to I-944 RFIE Was Received

1/23/20 Biometrics Appointment Notice Received (Notice Dated 1/16)

2/10/20 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My wife’s AOS biometrics appointment is today, is there anything besides her passport, the biometrics notice (including the sheet they sent her to fill out), and our marriage certificate that she needs to bring with her to the appointment? Thanks

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Hey Guys,

I have a question to those who has got a RFE. How many time did you get from USCIS to respond to RFE? (like 30 days, 60 or maybe 90?).

I'm still gathering the necessary documents for my I944 and don't know if I should pay for a quick premium diploma evaluation or just for regular one, which could be done in 4 weeks. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lemon Plus said:

Hey Guys,

I have a question to those who has got a RFE. How many time did you get from USCIS to respond to RFE? (like 30 days, 60 or maybe 90?).

I'm still gathering the necessary documents for my I944 and don't know if I should pay for a quick premium diploma evaluation or just for regular one, which could be done in 4 weeks. 

I heard someone here got RFIE for i944 with 87 day response!! I am collecting supporting documents for i944, ton of work!

Edited by Jimmy Lee

1 hour ago, Lemon Plus said:

Hey Guys,

4 weeks? I got mine from IEE for a week (not premium) last June. Maybe you can try them? 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Has anyone else had their biometrics appointment with no sign of their RFIE yet? Status still says fingerprints received but I do check often as I am dreading the RFIE lol.

3 hours ago, mogiftney said:

My wife’s AOS biometrics appointment is today, is there anything besides her passport, the biometrics notice (including the sheet they sent her to fill out), and our marriage certificate that she needs to bring with her to the appointment? Thanks

You're good. I forgot my marriage certificate and they let it slide even with the name change thankfully. Don't do that though lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.