Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cilllah said:

Has anyone else had their biometrics appointment with no sign of their RFIE yet? 

I haven’t had biometrics but I got a RFIE and it wasn’t even for the I944 (which I did not include in my original AOS packet).

You never know, you might never get it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

WOW! So I thought I was getting a RFIE for I944 and today, and all this days I was stressed getting all the documents together, and then... when I recieved the letter and opened it, it was and RFIE for.... MY BIRHT CERTIFICATE! I don´t get it! I sent the long format  and the translation so I'm not sure what they really need. I´m afraid to resend the same but seriously, there is no other thing to send (BC long format from Spain).

And now my question is... could I get another RFIE for the I944 or it should all arrive together? Who knows...

Looks like my RFIE for I-944 is on it's way! Annoying, but glad someone has at least looked at my case. I have the folder ready to go, so will turnaround asap. Next step = crossing my fingers for biometrics at some point!

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 14.01.45.png

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

Ok, now I'm reading the two comments above, no guarantee it's for I-944!

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, lgb2015 said:

Looks like my RFIE for I-944 is on it's way! Annoying, but glad someone has at least looked at my case. I have the folder ready to go, so will turnaround asap. Next step = crossing my fingers for biometrics at some point!

Mine changed to this status also today. But I’m curious if it’s for i944 or not like @Bigtuna and @ek1357. It’s always nice knowing they’re actually working on my case. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 hours ago, Celebi said:

4 weeks? I got mine from IEE for a week (not premium) last June. Maybe you can try them? 

what you sent to IEE? Your college degree and college transcript ( original)? high school diploma is not needed? Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lemon Plus said:

Hey Guys,

I have a question to those who has got a RFE. How many time did you get from USCIS to respond to RFE? (like 30 days, 60 or maybe 90?).

I'm still gathering the necessary documents for my I944 and don't know if I should pay for a quick premium diploma evaluation or just for regular one, which could be done in 4 weeks. 

Our RFIE (with 944 request) gave us 87 days from Nov. 4 to respond.

1 hour ago, Bigtuna said:

WOW! So I thought I was getting a RFIE for I944 and today, and all this days I was stressed getting all the documents together, and then... when I recieved the letter and opened it, it was and RFIE for.... MY BIRHT CERTIFICATE! I don´t get it! I sent the long format  and the translation so I'm not sure what they really need. I´m afraid to resend the same but seriously, there is no other thing to send (BC long format from Spain).

And now my question is... could I get another RFIE for the I944 or it should all arrive together? Who knows...

Our RFIE requested two things, one was the 944 which we did not include in the initial packet, and another was a copy of my wife’s I-94 showing her admission class showing she’s free to work in the country (which we definitely did include as part of our original submission, but perhaps not where they expected to find it). So we are hoping it’s just the USCIS overlooking/misplacing things and planning to submit the same thing again.

If you search for RFIE birth certificate, you’ll find a lot of results. A decent chunk are regarding the translation. Have you verified it was done correctly?

Click to reveal AOS Timeline:

Spoiler

08/19/20  I-130, I-485 Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

08/21/20 I-130, I-485 Accepted

09/04/20  Credit Card Charged

09/13/20  Text With Receipt Number (x2)

09/24/20  I-130, I-485 NOA received

11/17/20  Response to RFIE Requesting I-944 Delivered to USCIS

11/18/20 Account Updated to show Response to I-944 RFIE Was Received

1/23/20 Biometrics Appointment Notice Received (Notice Dated 1/16)

2/10/20 Biometrics Appointment

Timeline
40 minutes ago, partyintheUSA said:

Our RFIE (with 944 request) gave us 87 days from Nov. 4 to respond.

Our RFIE requested two things, one was the 944 which we did not include in the initial packet, and another was a copy of my wife’s I-94 showing her admission class showing she’s free to work in the country (which we definitely did include as part of our original submission, but perhaps not where they expected to find it). So we are hoping it’s just the USCIS overlooking/misplacing things and planning to submit the same thing again.

If you search for RFIE birth certificate, you’ll find a lot of results. A decent chunk are regarding the translation. Have you verified it was done correctly?

Thank you! Ya I just realized that I did not translate the last page of my BC so probably is that, but Im also checking other post about RFIE for BC just in case Im missing something. Good luck!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bigtuna said:

Thank you! Ya I just realized that I did not translate the last page of my BC so probably is that, but Im also checking other post about RFIE for BC just in case Im missing something. Good luck!

the last page that includes important information or something? Could you please tell me because I have the last page of my BC which was not translated because it does not include my important information, it is kind of like " note items, if you wanna add something.."

Thank you so much!!

4 hours ago, lgb2015 said:

I got the samething today too with the same dated November 10. I filled out the form. 
what’s a list of the documents that you are submitting please? 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Jimmy Lee said:

the last page that includes important information or something? Could you please tell me because I have the last page of my BC which was not translated because it does not include my important information, it is kind of like " note items, if you wanna add something.."

Thank you so much!!

Ya, is basically a text saying the following (I just translated):

I certify that the present literal certification issued through the authorization set forth in art. 26 of the Regulation of the Civil Registry is a full reproduction of the relevant entry, which appears in Book XXX, page XXX, Section 1st of this Civil Registry.

And then the date issued, the name and the signature of the secretary.

i dont know why I didn´t translated this part. Now sounds kind of stupid so if you can, translate every single thing just in case.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Bigtuna said:

Ya, is basically a text saying the following (I just translated):

I certify that the present literal certification issued through the authorization set forth in art. 26 of the Regulation of the Civil Registry is a full reproduction of the relevant entry, which appears in Book XXX, page XXX, Section 1st of this Civil Registry.

And then the date issued, the name and the signature of the secretary.

i dont know why I didn´t translated this part. Now sounds kind of stupid so if you can, translate every single thing just in case.

oh I had this part translated already !! thank you so very much!! Wish you the best of luck!!

1 hour ago, Ny2020 said:

I got the samething today too with the same dated November 10. I filled out the form. 
what’s a list of the documents that you are submitting please? 

I will go through it one more time, but this is what I currently have. I know you don't need to duplicate documents already submitted with the I-485, but I'm still going to send them again. If anyone else has other suggests please do say!

1. Copy of Marriage Certificate of Beneficiary and Petitioner (proof of name change)
  2. Copy of Beneficiary’s UK government taxable income statement 2019-2020
  3. Copy of Petitioner’s 2019 IRS Wage and Income Transcript
  4. Copy of Petitioner’s 2019 IRS Tax Return Transcript
  5. Copy of Beneficiary’s Savings – Bank account statement covering 12 months
  6. Copy of letter from Equifax demonstrating no current credit record for Beneficiary
  7. Evidence of Beneficiary Health Insurance
  8. Evidence of Beneficiary’s degree and certifications
  9. Evaluation of Education Equivalency
  10. Evidence of Occupational Certification
  11. Evidence of Beneficiary’s certifications in English and other languages

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

2 hours ago, lgb2015 said:

I will go through it one more time, but this is what I currently have. I know you don't need to duplicate documents already submitted with the I-485, but I'm still going to send them again. If anyone else has other suggests please do say!

1. Copy of Marriage Certificate of Beneficiary and Petitioner (proof of name change)
  2. Copy of Beneficiary’s UK government taxable income statement 2019-2020
  3. Copy of Petitioner’s 2019 IRS Wage and Income Transcript
  4. Copy of Petitioner’s 2019 IRS Tax Return Transcript
  5. Copy of Beneficiary’s Savings – Bank account statement covering 12 months
  6. Copy of letter from Equifax demonstrating no current credit record for Beneficiary
  7. Evidence of Beneficiary Health Insurance
  8. Evidence of Beneficiary’s degree and certifications
  9. Evaluation of Education Equivalency
  10. Evidence of Occupational Certification
  11. Evidence of Beneficiary’s certifications in English and other languages

Thanks a lot, gonna start printing these tomorrow. (Funny enough I sent everything above except the equivalency certificate with my package & just withdrew the i944 form last minute before mailing my package, but knowing uscis I will send everything again).
saw from another post that I can get the evaluation of education equivalency on IEE, so need to do that too. Best of luck on your cases. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.