theatxbombayguy

Aug 2020 I-751 Filers (merged)

681 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife got her NOA / 18-month extension letter today.  Her 10 year old daughter also received a separate extension letter, which is a relief because I read that many people have had to call USCIS to request a letter for a child applying on their parent's application or they needed to make appointments for passport stamps.  Next we wait for biometrics, which will hopefully just be transferred from AOS.

I-751 Sent: 8/19/2020

Delivered: 8/21/2020

Test Message: 09/02/2020 (NOA 8/21)

NOA / Extension Letter Received: 09/08/2020

On 9/2/2020 at 7:22 PM, jackyli918918 said:

Hello,

Good luck for waiting and welcome to join the club!!!!

Below is my timeline

6/17/2020 mailed out I-751 

6/19/2020 USCIS received and provided case number

6/28/2020 USCIS withdrawal $680

6/30/2020 USCIS sent out I-797 to let us know they received our appication and extended 18 months of conditional resident status

Until then, we never heard anything back.

I was doing the website research, most of the people are saying the biometrics appointment is about 4 weeks after they sent out I-797. I think the 9 weeks that we have been waiting is just around the corner. Does anyone know more about the timeline? or any idea how longer to wait for the biometrics?

I also saw some other posts at other area that someone never have the biometrics but just able to get a green card renewal. Does anyone know anything about it?

I was trying to figure out if there's a pattern with the biometrics notification. It looks like there is no pattern at all. A lot of people did get an update saying their biometrics were waived like 4-6 weeks after filing. But some people got it as late at 2.5 or even 10 months after filing. T_T I'm kinda nervous about it. I have not heard anything about biometrics yet and we filed a month ago now.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

hello

Sent packet :Aug 19th 2020

Texas office received: Aug 24th 2020

Check cashed/Text msg:Sept 3rd 2020

i797 with 18 month extension: Sept 8th 2020

now wait..

On 9/9/2020 at 7:32 AM, mushroomspore said:

I was trying to figure out if there's a pattern with the biometrics notification. It looks like there is no pattern at all. A lot of people did get an update saying their biometrics were waived like 4-6 weeks after filing. But some people got it as late at 2.5 or even 10 months after filing. T_T I'm kinda nervous about it. I have not heard anything about biometrics yet and we filed a month ago now.

It's exactly 12 weeks from now since we filed our I-751 and we still waiting for the biometrics appointment. All the service centers are built to do all these kind of jobs. I have no idea why they keep pushing back our date. Don't tell me that they didn't have enough fund to hire people to do so as we ALL paid the fees for all the process. There are no excuses for these kind of long wait.

13 minutes ago, jackyli918918 said:

It's exactly 12 weeks from now since we filed our I-751 and we still waiting for the biometrics appointment. All the service centers are built to do all these kind of jobs. I have no idea why they keep pushing back our date. Don't tell me that they didn't have enough fund to hire people to do so as we ALL paid the fees for all the process. There are no excuses for these kind of long wait.

Well with COVID and the furloughs, it's been a mess. They've always been kinda messy. Even though they're a government agency, they don't get money from the government. Yes, there are a lot of immigrants and yes, we all pay the fees. But the fees are not just for the USCIS employees and immigrants only make up a certain slice of the entire US population. The fees need to cover physical building and real estate costs, security measures, and the usual costs of running any business. One I-751 application right now is less than $700. I make more than that in one week at my current job. These guys are federal agents trying to uphold national security. As incompetent as they can be sometimes, they do need a LOT more money than what they're getting right now if they want to perform at the levels that most people think they should be operating at.

Edited by mushroomspore

Green card expiration: Nov. 21, 2020

Earliest filing date of I-751: Aug. 23, 2020

Package sent: Aug. 27, 2020

Package received: Aug 28, 2020

Notice Date: Sept. 3, 2020

Extension Letter Receive Date: Sept 12, 2020 (Potomac Service Center, Arlington VA)

It says: 

Your conditional resident status is extended for 18 months from the expiration date on your Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card/Green Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 2:31 AM, Abies said:

i finally sent in my package today 07/31/2020 which makes me An automatic august filer.

So, we are back here and the waiting game begins. @Ajt3 hello sis, I’m here now 😀

@Abies Hello sis...how r u...good to see u here..still have few months..before sending ..stay safe..remain bless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, O&O said:

@Abies Hello sis...how r u...good to see u here..still have few months..before sending ..stay safe..remain bless

Thanks sis. Hopefully you join us soon 

Here is my current timeline:

Mailed i-751 packet on 08/26/2020 via USPS to Az address.

Received 08/28

Photo album rejected 09/02

CC payment for i751 09/12

Looks like its going through.

Current Timeline:

08/26/2020 - Mailed via USPS the form i-751 to Az address

08/28/2020 - Delivered to USCIS

09/02/2020 - Photo Album was rejected and returned.

09/12/2020 - CC payment taken.

09/13/2020 - Received text msg with the Receipt #

09/25/2020 - Received i-751 NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
28 minutes ago, reyiz23 said:

Anyone got their biometrics appointment yet?

We are checking every day for an update, but we are probably a few weeks away still.  A VJ timeline search shows a few people with early August NOA dates with biometric appointment dates.  August 7 was the latest I think. 

On 9/14/2020 at 4:21 PM, reyiz23 said:

Anyone got their biometrics appointment yet?

Nope. Looks like some people are getting theirs. I saw in the July thread that some have received biometrics notices recently. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason right now for biometrics.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.