Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jodie876 said:

Have you tried contacting NVC about your case. It shouldn't be taking this long to get your case number etc from them. Ppl who got their NOA2 around that time were getting their numbers within a few days, max maybe within a couple months. I saw a post on a fb group about K1 visas opening up for processing soon. I'd say stick with it, because you'll have to go through the entire process all over again with the CR1, but at the end of the day it's your decision. 

Thank you. About how long is the cr1 process, average?

1 minute ago, Britney868 said:

Thank you. About how long is the cr1 process, average?

Close to a year with the interview queues.

Hello, we were DQed on 8/25/2020

Waiting for our next step now. Anyone dealing with Indonesian embassy? I hope everything goes well 🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, Britney868 said:

Hello all! If I’m out of place please delete this post. Me and my fiancé went the fiancé visa route December 2019 after meeting a year and a half prior. We received NOA2 May 5. Now currently waiting say NVC with no news or hope on when K1 will resume. I’m considering just going to Mary next month and applying four CR1. Could y’all tell me how long the cr1 process is taking right now? Knows anyone that abandoned k1, know a group that could better assist me, or anything helpful regarding cr1? I’d appreciate it. Thank you again and sorry if I’m out of place.

Per DOS:

Important Notice for K visa applicants affected by COVID-19

Last Updated: August 31, 2020

Effective August 28, as it becomes safe to resume more consular operations at each U.S. mission, posts are authorized to give K visa cases high priority.  Applicants should check the website of their nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for updates on what services that post is currently able to offer. The I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) is typically valid for four months; however, consular officers may revalidate the I-129F petition in four month increments.  For most cases impacted by the suspension of routine visa services or COVID-19 travel restrictions it will not be necessary to file a new I-129F petition.

So hang in there. Also, US Embassy JA is due to have a live broadcast via Nationwide 90 FM on facebook today. Follow them on FB. Watch for updates, ask questions in the comments or call

8766309371, 8766309372, 8766309373, 8766309374 or 8766188255 to ask the COs directly during the live broadcast.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Per DOS:

Effective August 28, as it becomes safe to resume more consular operations at each U.S. mission, posts are authorized to give K visa cases high priority.  Applicants should check the website of their nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for updates on what services that post is currently able to offer. The I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) is typically valid for four months; however, consular officers may revalidate the I-129F petition in four month increments.  For most cases impacted by the suspension of routine visa services or COVID-19 travel restrictions it will not be necessary to file a new I-129F petition.

So hang in there. Also, US Embassy JA is due to have a live broadcast via Nationwide 90 FM on facebook today. Follow them on FB. Watch for updates, ask questions in the comments or call

8766309371, 8766309372, 8766309373, 8766309374 or 8766188255 to ask the COs directly during the live broadcast.

I emailed Jamaica embassy regarding this and they told me they are not processing immigrant nor non-immigrant visas any longer because of local conditions basically which is unconstitutional.

Edited by Britney868

10 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

I emailed Jamaica embassy regarding this and they told me they are not processing immigrant nor non-immigrant visas any longer because of local conditions basically which is unconstitutional.

August 28th was only a few days ago, and the Jamaican embassy suspended the processing of a visas actually so just hang tight. I’m sure you’ll hear something soon. It’s definitely time for them to get moving with the K1s — after all we’re all human and we wanna be close to our significant others. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

To be exact they said they remain closed to routine drives including interviews for immigrant visas to help mitigate the stores of the virus. 

ECFBB094-CD96-4129-B655-2B9EFA6E15E8.jpeg

1 minute ago, mrstoyou17 said:

August 28th was only a few days ago, and the Jamaican embassy suspended the processing of a visas actually so just hang tight. I’m sure you’ll hear something soon. It’s definitely time for them to get moving with the K1s — after all we’re all human and we wanna be close to our significant others. 

Thank you. I appreciate your response. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

To be exact they said they remain closed to routine drives including interviews for immigrant visas to help mitigate the stores of the virus. 

That’s an automatic response. I don’t think they update it since the lockdown. 

7 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

You know what’s crazy, I emailed them last Thursday. I got 2 automated responses, this same one you posted and another one stating that they would be getting back to me soon (which they still haven’t) so I would call them to see if they are indeed closed because I think that’s an automated response that was from the first lockdown. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mrstoyou17 said:

You know what’s crazy, I emailed them last Thursday. I got 2 automated responses, this same one you posted and another one stating that they would be getting back to me soon (which they still haven’t) so I would call them to see if they are indeed closed because I think that’s an automated response that was from the first lockdown. 

Yea that’s from the first lockdown. Their taking Immigrant visa applications. I just emailed them I didn’t received the auto one regarding the lockdown... 🤷🏾‍♀️

Edited by Steffy Stef

Timeline

Listen everyone. Embassy confirmed they are going live from the radio on FB this morning. I'm sure all this will be cleared up so Stay tuned!  No time was given but it's usually 11am JA time...see below.

We’re taking your questions LIVE this morning on Nationwide Radio! Listen in and call with your questions! 876-618-8255 or 876-630-9371-4.

Edited by Stacey Ann

5 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Per DOS:

Hi Stacey what time today?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chrissy & Junior said:

Hi Stacey what time today?

I think 11AM JA time...they didn't specify but that's usually that time. Just follow them on FB and you will get the notification when the live starts

Edited by Stacey Ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.