Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

Makes sense.

Not saying the cancellations have anything to do with the cases last week, I only mentioned it because someone stated that there aren’t any confirmed cases at the embassy. I know for a FACT that there were confirmed cases there. as I’m familiar With people there. As per the lockdown new measures not sure how deep it will go. I have been here in JA for just about 2nths and trust me there ain’t no social distance going on here, so anything is possible.

5 minutes ago, Jammin19 said:

Not saying the cancellations have anything to do with the cases last week, I only mentioned it because someone stated that there aren’t any confirmed cases at the embassy. I know for a FACT that there were confirmed cases there. as I’m familiar With people there. As per the lockdown new measures not sure how deep it will go. I have been here in JA for just about 2nths and trust me there ain’t no social distance going on here, so anything is possible.

Gotcha! Hoping for the best, I would really hate to have this dragged out any longer.

2 hours ago, Mrs Samuels said:

They can try the link below to access the registration site. Mine still shows I’m scheduled for next week. Praying this will not change

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv/users/sign_in

Hi,  what day is yours scheduled for next week?  I just checked this site and it has it listed still as the 8th at 8 am as attend appointment.  

it makes sense when someone mentioned Labor Day,  but I am anxious to not show up on Tuesday.  My husband said they had said we would be turned away if we showed up.  I was asleep when they called.  🤦🏽‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Larry123 said:

Hi,  what day is yours scheduled for next week?  I just checked this site and it has it listed still as the 8th at 8 am as attend appointment.  

it makes sense when someone mentioned Labor Day,  but I am anxious to not show up on Tuesday.  My husband said they had said we would be turned away if we showed up.  I was asleep when they called.  🤦🏽‍♀️

Wednesday. Was it just a phone call or did you also received an email with the cancellation?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Larry123 said:

Seriously!  I used all my vacation time from work to be here for long enough to attend with my hubby.  

I know , it sucks. Maybe they don’t really care because it’s not mandatory for the spouse to attend. We just have to hope for the best. How soon did they say ? 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Chrissy & Junior said:

I would still go and let them turn me back. The embassy usually follow up their phone calls with an email, so that's kinda weird that u only got a call. 

S.N. People can be very messy 

Gm all. I agree with this. I'd go too because it seems very odd. No one else has gotten a call or email not even the person scheduled Wed. I would think if they are cancelling interviews due to the rise in covid cases they would have cancelled all scheduled for the next 14 dys or at the very least all of next week's. @Larry123 what exactly did the person say? How did they identify themself? Did you try calling/emailing them back about this? Ugh this is just such a sticky situation. Are we sure they're closed Monday? Cause man, this needs verifying.

8 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

Gm all. I agree with this. I'd go too because it seems very odd. No one else has gotten a call or email not even the person scheduled Wed. I would think if they are cancelling interviews due to the rise in covid cases they would have cancelled all scheduled for the next 14 dys or at the very least all of next week's. @Larry123 what exactly did the person say? How did they identify themself? Did you try calling/emailing them back about this? Ugh this is just such a sticky situation. Are we sure they're closed Monday? Cause man, this needs verifying.

Good morning,  I was sleeping, but hubby said it was a no caller ID number which is the same as last time they had called him when we had trouble scheduling the medical.  They just said they were calling from the US Embassy and all interviews next week were canceled,  but that doesn’t make sense because @Mrs Samuels did not get a call for hers on Wednesday.  We were going to e-mail and hope for a response on Monday,  but it makes sense they would be closed Monday because of Labor Day.  I didn’t think of that before @Mrs Samuels mentioned it.  I’m very thankful for you and we are planning to still go Tuesday because we don’t want to risk “missing the interview”.  This is all so odd.  

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mrs Samuels said:

Wednesday. Was it just a phone call or did you also received an email with the cancellation?

I have a Wednesday appt as well but didn’t receive any cancellation notice 👀

12 hours ago, Jammin19 said:

@Jammin19, would you by chance be able to confirm with your contacts that work there about the cancellations? 

1 hour ago, Stacey Ann said:

I don’t see any closing notice on their website, but I know for past holidays they’ve recognized both American and Jamaican.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.