Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, HINSEJAL said:

heloo,

my daughetrs documents have been accepted by NVC since may 2020 but still waiting for an interview at ABUDHABI. 

any idea which countries have started conducting interviews for IR-1,CR-1?

Hi this thread is about Jamaica. We do not know about the embassy in other countries. Search for your country specifics here: https://www.visajourney.com/portals/

Good luck!

Timeline
1 hour ago, L&K2020 said:

I just noticed that you mentioned 2018 and 2019.  I thought that only the last year was required.  Did they say anything about 2018 being required?? 
thanks

Guys the embassy is at liberty to request nothing, everything or a few things. No one can tell you for certain what may or may not be requested of you. We can only provide guidance based on knowledge or experience. Therefore, bring everything you uploaded to NVC and then some. On the I864 the petitioner's income was listed for the past 3 years therefore, while it is not an absolute requirement to bring all 3 years, the CO can ask for it. Everyone's case is different. What happens for John's case is but a mere insight into what may happen for Mary, it is not a rule. It is best to have more than required than not have enough and be given a 221g or worse. So again, prepare/arm yourself with everything.

Edited by Stacey Ann

1 hour ago, L&K2020 said:

I just noticed that you mentioned 2018 and 2019.  I thought that only the last year was required.  Did they say anything about 2018 being required?? 
thanks

They ask me for both. Everyone is different. What they might ask me for they might not ask u. Travel with 2017 if u have it too bcuz they are unpredictable. 

Hi All,  so great for this thread.  We have been following it and it has been helpful!  DQ date is May 30, and our interview is 9/8.  

Our questions is how long have people been at the embassy for your interview?  Say appointment is at 8 am,  has it been 2-3 hours or much longer before leaving the embassy.  I am thinking COVID has probably impacted this.  

Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Quick Question : 

For those who already had their interview , how far in advance were you scheduled for your medical? 

I've been seeing it where some are getting approved but awaiting for the medical results before everything is completed. 

25 minutes ago, ShanShan391 said:

Hi Everyone!

Quick Question : 

For those who already had their interview , how far in advance were you scheduled for your medical? 

I've been seeing it where some are getting approved but awaiting for the medical results before everything is completed. 

I got my interview date on the 22 of July, did my medical on the 14th of August and the interview was the 28th. My medical results were there.

38 minutes ago, Larry123 said:

Hi All,  so great for this thread.  We have been following it and it has been helpful!  DQ date is May 30, and our interview is 9/8.  

Our questions is how long have people been at the embassy for your interview?  Say appointment is at 8 am,  has it been 2-3 hours or much longer before leaving the embassy.  I am thinking COVID has probably impacted this.  

My appt time was 8:30am came out about 9:30am

6 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Guys the embassy is at liberty to request nothing, everything or a few things. No one can tell you for certain what may or may not be requested of you. We can only provide guidance based on knowledge or experience. Therefore, bring everything you uploaded to NVC and then some. On the I864 the petitioner's income was listed for the past 3 years therefore, while it is not an absolute requirement to bring all 3 years, the CO can ask for it. Everyone's case is different. What happens for John's case is but a mere insight into what may happen for Mary, it is not a rule. It is best to have more than required than not have enough and be given a 221g or worse. So again, prepare/arm yourself with everything.

You couldn’t have said this any better!! @Stacey Ann

Embassy don’t play to issue 221g paper because they expect each applicant to be prepared...we hate seeing someone post saying they got that paper so guys walk with house  and land Please!!! 

This been such a long journey for everyone so don’t let anything go wrong 🙏🏽

Timeline
1 hour ago, ShanShan391 said:

Hi Everyone!

Quick Question : 

The standard is 10 days from interview (+/-)

1 hour ago, SwanC said:

I just want to take a moment to personally thank @Stacey Ann for not only creating this post but also being diligent to answering each and everyone of our questions. No matter how repetitive and/or tedious they were. Stacey you have created a place for us not only to get valuable information but also to share our experiences so others don’t have to stumble like we did. Thank you for posting links, and screen shots of where to find/retrieve information. I know for a fact that your answers are not only coming from your own experience, but from others who’ve already been through the process and your complete use of common sense. Go on girl! You doing a great service! Now guys be keen to read post prior before asking questions 😉

She really is exceptional 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, ShanShan391 said:

Hi Everyone!

Quick Question : 

About 2 weeks prior.

Timeline
11 hours ago, SwanC said:

I just want to take a moment to personally thank @Stacey Ann for not only creating this post but also being diligent to answering each and everyone of our questions. No matter how repetitive and/or tedious they were. Stacey you have created a place for us not only to get valuable information but also to share our experiences so others don’t have to stumble like we did. Thank you for posting links, and screen shots of where to find/retrieve information. I know for a fact that your answers are not only coming from your own experience, but from others who’ve already been through the process and your complete use of common sense. Go on girl! You doing a great service! Now guys be keen to read post prior before asking questions 😉

@SwanC thank you. Good morning all. This forum has been informative to me as well and I'm happy to pass on information I've learned. We're all on similar paths and I just want us all to be successful and reunited with our loved ones 🤗. Have a beautiful day everyone!

10 hours ago, Chrissy & Junior said:

She really is exceptional 😊

😊

Edited by Stacey Ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.