datsm3

K1 expiration at NVC

19 posts in this topic

We received our NOA 2 on 4/8/2020.

I'm concerned because I just noticed that the NOA2 says valid until: 8/7/2020

Does this mean our application will expire 8/7/2020 with the NVC as well? I'm concerned obviously because we waited so long like everyone else, and with the Covid situation, we are concerned our application will slip through the cracks.

Any suggestions or experiences? Thank you all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

In almost all cases where the reasons why your NOA2 expires is due to it not being possible for you to interview (historically mostly this has been due to backlogs where there were not enough interview slots, but also due to weather, natural disasters, or civil unrest), they're automatically extended for another four months.

I believe some embassies/consulates have confirmed they will do this.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, datsm3 said:

We received our NOA 2 on 4/8/2020.

I'm concerned because I just noticed that the NOA2 says valid until: 8/7/2020

Does this mean our application will expire 8/7/2020 with the NVC as well? I'm concerned obviously because we waited so long like everyone else, and with the Covid situation, we are concerned our application will slip through the cracks.

Any suggestions or experiences? Thank you all!

Consulate can and will extend 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Our NOA2 expires the end of July. My immigration lawyer said that all’s I have to do is write a letter stating I am still able and willing to marry my fiancé within the 90 days and he brings that to his interview at the embassy when he does have it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

For what it's worth...our NOA2 is expiring in another week or so, so I called about extending yesterday.

US Embassy in Kiev response.....We don't know anything, we haven't received guidance and since we haven't gotten your paperwork from NVC yet, call them. No need to send us a letter because we don't know.

OK.

NVC response....We don't know anything. We haven't received any guidance therefor we can't advise. No need for a letter because we don't know.

So, like I'd already assumed but just wanted to confirm, everything is a cluster....

4 hours ago, USUK8 said:

For what it's worth...our NOA2 is expiring in another week or so, so I called about extending yesterday.

US Embassy in Kiev response.....We don't know anything, we haven't received guidance and since we haven't gotten your paperwork from NVC yet, call them. No need to send us a letter because we don't know.

OK.

NVC response....We don't know anything. We haven't received any guidance therefor we can't advise. No need for a letter because we don't know.

So, like I'd already assumed but just wanted to confirm, everything is a cluster....

Wow that's so unfortunate to hear that both governing bodies are basically pointing at each other, not having a clue what to say. I hope your efforts in getting the K1 visa gets resolved soon! Keep it up!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
9 hours ago, USUK8 said:

OK.

My I-129f petition expires in 2 weeks on July 23rd. It’s still under processing at the NVC. I’m stressed out because I’m pretty much getting the same thing. I tried emailing the embassy and I’m getting generic responses and then I tried calling the embassy in Panama but all i get is a busy signal. I’m just stuck and I don’t know what to do? I guess I’m gonna try to call the NVC again as well as the DOS. I’m hoping that because of the Pandemic they just automatically renew it but I don’t want to assume. I just want some clarification.  If anyone has any info that could help us out. It would be greatly appreciated. 

9 minutes ago, Corey Novak said:

My I-129f petition expires in 2 weeks on July 23rd. It’s still under processing at the NVC. I’m stressed out because I’m pretty much getting the same thing. I tried emailing the embassy and I’m getting generic responses and then I tried calling the embassy in Panama but all i get is a busy signal. I’m just stuck and I don’t know what to do? I guess I’m gonna try to call the NVC again as well as the DOS. I’m hoping that because of the Pandemic they just automatically renew it but I don’t want to assume. I just want some clarification.  If anyone has any info that could help us out. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Your petition will be extended for up to a year by the Department of State.   You do not need to do anything.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Your petition will be extended for up to a year by the Department of State.   You do not need to do anything.

Well, that’s good to hear. It makes me feel a little better. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
On 7/10/2020 at 7:13 PM, Paul & Mary said:

And what happens if this goes longer than a year? If we truly get the 'second wave' globally over the winter that people are projecting, then I could easily see this going into next summer, at least.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Calimay said:

If your current NOA expires, are you able to request a new NOA2 from NVC with the new expiration date? 

No Department of State will extend it 4 months at a time as long as the delay is beyond your control.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

2 hours ago, Calimay said:

If your current NOA expires, are you able to request a new NOA2 from NVC with the new expiration date? 

A fiancé visa must be issued within four months from the date of approval of the fiancé petition by USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services). If your appointment is later then the validity date, bring a signed and dated letter from your U.S. fiancé(e) stating that you both remain legally free to marry and that you intend to get married within 90 days of your arrival. E-mail or copies are acceptable.

9 FAM 41.81 N6.2 Validity of a K-1 Petition
(CT:VISA-2165; 08-21-2014)

An approved K-1 visa petition is valid for a period of four months from the date of USCIS action and may be revalidated by the consular officer any number of times for additional periods of four months from the date of revalidation, provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and the beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiary's admission into the United States. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 10 months later...

This seems relevant based on some posts I am seeing and with COVID on the rise once again. My petition expires in October but have heard nothing from the NVC yet. I have sent an inquiry hoping for a reply. However, if it does expire, do I contact USCIS or NVC or simply wait? Please advise, any help is appreciated, thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.