peanutismint

Application for I-765 work permit (EAD) renewal returned due to non payment - they made this mistake AGAIN?!

9 posts in this topic

Just wanted to check on something before I send a strongly worded email to the brain trust at USCIS:

First time I applied for my EAD my application was returned (wasting valuable time) because they said I hadn't paid the fee. They were wrong. There WAS no fee for my work permit OR advance parole because it was included in my Green Card application fee. I told them this, sent it back, and my card was processed.

Now it's coming up to my renewal time (still no green card interview in sight) and so I re-applied for my work permit to be renewed, but yet again they've sent it back because it didn't include the fees. I'm 99% sure I checked and found that I STILL didn't need to pay any fees for this EAD renewal, so yet again they've messed up.

Am I right in thinking I shouldn't need to pay any more to get my current EAD renewed? Because that's what someone here told me last time.....?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, peanutismint said:

Just wanted to check on something before I send a strongly worded email to the brain trust at USCIS:

First time I applied for my EAD my application was returned (wasting valuable time) because they said I hadn't paid the fee. They were wrong. There WAS no fee for my work permit OR advance parole because it was included in my Green Card application fee. I told them this, sent it back, and my card was processed.

Now it's coming up to my renewal time (still no green card interview in sight) and so I re-applied for my work permit to be renewed, but yet again they've sent it back because it didn't include the fees. I'm 99% sure I checked and found that I STILL didn't need to pay any fees for this EAD renewal, so yet again they've messed up.

Am I right in thinking I shouldn't need to pay any more to get my current EAD renewed? Because that's what someone here told me last time.....?

It's free in this case you're right. Did you included the receipt notes from your AOS and the first EAD?

I didn't, and that was probably my first mistake - thinking that USCIS was competent enough to see all my current cases linked on their system and just use common sense 😄 🤦‍♂️

Ok well thanks, I guess I'll do what I did last time and resubmit with a copy of my receipt stapled to it. 

38 minutes ago, peanutismint said:

I didn't, and that was probably my first mistake - thinking that USCIS was competent enough to see all my current cases linked on their system and just use common sense 😄 🤦‍♂️

Ok well thanks, I guess I'll do what I did last time and resubmit with a copy of my receipt stapled to it. 

yeah if you dont send the receipt its considered as new application. so they arent wrong. They get 5000 applications on a daily basis. they just reject it if you dont do your homework

duh

Ok, resubmitting with my proof of payment. It felt good to rant though! 😄 with this being the second time that’s happened, hopefully Next time I’ll remember....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, peanutismint said:

Contractors open the mail and do the initial rejections for incompleteness or incorrect fees. They don’t have authorization to look up your case history.  You know what to do now to fix it. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Going thru same situation mailed in I 765 and i131 renewal start of month with all the i797  reciepts for i485 and current ead supporting copy's etc. Even put cover letter stating fees are waived being a c9 pending aos. And found out today by going on USCIS.gov site and getting live chat on Emma, that my  package is being mailed back as of 8/20/20 for incomplete fees.

Does this happen much or  I'm part of a unlucky few that get someone incompetent at there job. 

Edited by Trebor
More to add

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Trebor said:

Going thru same situation mailed in I 765 and i131 renewal start of month with all the i797  reciepts for i485 and current ead supporting copy's etc. Even put cover letter stating fees are waived being a c9 pending aos. And found out today by going on USCIS.gov site and getting live chat on Emma, that my  package is being mailed back as of 8/20/20 for incomplete fees.

Does this happen much or  I'm part of a unlucky few that get someone incompetent at there job. 

Mine was accepted last month, and didn't send any cover letter. But I sent two copies of the 864 NOA 1, one for each application, and put them on top of the form so it would be the first thing they would see.

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2020 at 12:08 PM, Trebor said:

From my experience, it seems to happen a lot. As the previous poster wrote, one hand doesn't seem to know what the other is doing at USCIS because the initial envelope openers don't have any access to our accounts, apparently. What a terrible system. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.