dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2020

893 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
16 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Congratulations thats great news 😊

Thank you! :) 

I thought I would get a few weeks' notice but now it's only 1 week.

The local US Consulate website didn't mention about reopening for visa interviews.

9 minutes ago, mave said:

Thank you! :) 

I thought I would get a few weeks' notice but now it's only 1 week.

The local US Consulate website didn't mention about reopening for visa interviews.

Did you case status change to in transit or just stayed “at  NVc “? 

This is good it means they are are sendin the DQs over 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Are you guys also doing the CR1 visa?

Yes we're applying for a CR1 Visa. Hopefully Moscow starts scheduling interviews - it's been a lengthy wait since we started the process (13 months ago). 

1 hour ago, mave said:

Hello all! A big surprise. Just got an email from NVC for my IR-1 visa interview, scheduled on 7/15!

DQ: 3/25

IL: 7/15

I had no clue that it would be so soon. Gosh, how can I get medical done before the interview? I also need my husband to send me some of the original documents by FedEx.

was this first time interview or reschedule? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

Did you case status change to in transit or just stayed “at  NVc “? 

This is good it means they are are sendin the DQs over 

If I use the VIsa Status Check, it shows "In transit". But when I checked on CEAC, it shows that my case is currently in Hong Kong (my location).

Timeline
2 minutes ago, stech786 said:

was this first time interview or reschedule? 

First time interview. 

The Consulate here has suspended visa interview services since March 19, 2020. My DQ date was after that.

Timeline
Just now, Daria Parkinson said:

Have you tried to expedite?

Twice - i'm in the process of disputing a third expedite request under the merit of financial emergencies surrounding the pandemic. Both previous expedite requests were turned down because Moscow embassy was closed - but i am quoting and referring to the mission critical statement the DOS made a couple of weeks back. I'm getting farther along with the request but nothing yet. 

1 minute ago, David & Olga said:

Twice - i'm in the process of disputing a third expedite request under the merit of financial emergencies surrounding the pandemic. Both previous expedite requests were turned down because Moscow embassy was closed - but i am quoting and referring to the mission critical statement the DOS made a couple of weeks back. I'm getting farther along with the request but nothing yet. 

I’ve heard, that even the Moscow Consulate is conducting interviews individually for some visa types, including the spousal. 

2 minutes ago, David & Olga said:

I didn't know you could submit more than 1 expedite request.

my embassy also says, that they are only handling emergency & mission critical cases. But nothing yet on my cancelled interview since Apr. I am thinking of sending expedite request. Our medical will expire next month too

6 minutes ago, mave said:

First time interview. 

The Consulate here has suspended visa interview services since March 19, 2020. My DQ date was after that.

great!! congrats!! someone posted a message here wondering why isn't Hong Kong embassy. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, stech786 said:

I didn't know you could submit more than 1 expedite request.

my embassy also says, that they are only handling emergency & mission critical cases. But nothing yet on my cancelled interview since Apr. I am thinking of sending expedite request. Our medical will expire next month too

great!! congrats!! someone posted a message here wondering why isn't Hong Kong embassy. 

It's more of a situational refusal since they say to resend the expedite request again once embassy starts accepting cases. So technically i'm asking for the same expedite request multiple times. 

7 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

I’ve heard, that even the Moscow Consulate is conducting interviews individually for some visa types, including the spousal. 

Where did you hear this from? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.