Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

I have yet to give in my work notice as I am awaiting my interview date and don't want to compromise income before i travel there. I am hoping to make the move before Christmas, so November would be fine for me. I agree with wanting things done though and having things ready. I have my immunisation/vaccination records ready for pick up from the GP although I did not request for a health summary. I don't have any health conditions however. Police certificate all ready and all our other docs. 

Is it worth going ahead and booking the medical despite not obtaining an interview? Can that be done? They have provided me with the number.

If there was no rush why expedite? 

Slight update indicate intentions to try and resume routine visa processing.

Selfishly hoping this isn’t a floodgate opening but a clear out of spouse cases this coming month lol

https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

37 minutes ago, Bobnrob said:

If there was no rush why expedite? 

Because the reason why we expedited is still present? No rush as in I'm not banking on being there the next month because I know this process is taking longer, even with expedites. This is COVID times... I'm a Covid ICU nurse. I know not to expect to be there any sooner than I'm hoping for. They clearly state not to make any big changes such as quitting your job until your Visa is approved. I'm being realistic and know that it will be more likely at the end of the year or even later.

Edited by Xyrstine
Correction

2 minutes ago, Xyrstine said:

Because the reason why we expedited is still present? No rush as in I'm not banking on being there the next month because I know this process is taking longer, even with expedites. This is COVID times... I'm a Covid ICU nurse. I know not to expect to be there any sooner than I'm hoping for. They clearly state not to make any big changes such as quitting your job until your Visa is approved. I'm being realistic and know that it will be more likely at the end of the year or even later.

OK so it's not some medical emergency. We are all in the same boat then. I would leave tomorrow if I could. Should have pulled the expdite card iguess😅

1 minute ago, Bobnrob said:

OK so it's not some medical emergency. We are all in the same boat then. I would leave tomorrow if I could. Should have pulled the expdite card iguess😅

Well, it's there to be utilised and whether the consulate deems it to a worthy of an expedite? And they did... People request for missing birthdays and whatnot and get approved sometimes for those reasons alone. As far as I'm concerned my reason is very much valid. Thanks for the judgement though. 

Just now, Xyrstine said:

Well, it's there to be utilised and whether the consulate deems it to a worthy of an expedite? And they did... People request for missing birthdays and whatnot and get approved sometimes for those reasons alone. As far as I'm concerned my reason is very much valid. Thanks for the judgement though. 

Well as I understand it an expedite is exactly that... Not to wait. Anyway I'm sure your reasons are valid. Best of luck. 

2 minutes ago, Bobnrob said:

Well as I understand it an expedite is exactly that... Not to wait. Anyway I'm sure your reasons are valid. Best of luck. 

I think we've all been in this position with similar frustration. When all the expedited cases around you are talking about getting their appointments, it makes you feel like a bit of a lonely goose being overlooked, but you're definitely not on your own, there's plenty of us routine people right at the back with you. Just try your best to only concentrate on your case; with your DQ date I'm sure you'll be in the next batch of interviews and before you know it you'll be scrambling. We got our interview date last week and I still haven't rang Visa Medicals yet, trying to figure out a short notice day off work is proving a bit of a pain!

5 minutes ago, Bobnrob said:

I understand the frustration, thank you, good luck to you too. We all just want to be with our loved ones. I do feel quite lucky with my timeline especially during these times... However after 10yrs of a long distance relationship the final airport goodbye cannot come quick enough. 

1 minute ago, corntop said:

I think we've all been in this position with similar frustration. When all the expedited cases around you are talking about getting their appointments, it makes you feel like a bit of a lonely goose being overlooked, but you're definitely not on your own, there's plenty of us routine people right at the back with you. Just try your best to only concentrate on your case; with your DQ date I'm sure you'll be in the next batch of interviews and before you know it you'll be scrambling. We got our interview date last week and I still haven't rang Visa Medicals yet, trying to figure out a short notice day off work is proving a bit of a pain!

It's been a long frikkin road. Good advice. Cheers

1 minute ago, Xyrstine said:

I understand the frustration, thank you, good luck to you too. We all just want to be with our loved ones. I do feel quite lucky with my timeline especially during these times... However after 10yrs of a long distance relationship the final airport goodbye cannot come quick enough. 

Didn't mean to be uppity.. Best of luck to you guys too👍

Quick update: 

Mr.Idu had his medical visit yesterday. Had to travel into London (it seems the trains are back on track, in a way). He said London seemed like an early Sunday morning. Not much going on. Quiet. 

They sent him a list of information via email (I am not privy to this email). Which he had all of it already, because we made our little stacks of documents for the medical and interview ages ago. And I constantly ask him to double check things (I'm a Virgo, okay!).

Mr. Idu's feedback on the experience:

1. Drink a 'pint' of water directly beforehand, as one thing that holds people up in the medical is not feeling ready to pee in a cup. He was very ready. 😆
  2. The office is very efficient, process-focused, and direct in their dealings. Courteous and friendly, as well. 
  3. So, have all of the required documents ready for them, as they won't wait on you to get it all sorted. 
    1. In his words: "Have whatever they need to process your medical paperwork for the visa interview appointment...just get the fuckah done."
  4. They list options during the medical, such as whether to get your shots/jabs there or with your GP.
    1. Mr.Idu said: get it done there and pay for it so you don't make the process more complex by relying on your GP's timescale to schedule another appointment and the risk of them not having what you need to get for the visa application;
    2. Dr.Idu (me) says: Also the visa medical office knows exactly what you need for the US visa application, so better to use their services and get it done;
    3. Mr.Idu also said: they doctor said it wasn't clear what his vaccinations were base on his summary, but that it also didn't matter because his age meant that he was due for a top up and that some of the vaccinations weren't required when he was younger.

That's what we have to share. I feel a little bit better knowing that we are literally just waiting for the interview date. And, from checking the CEAC status, also knowing that all of our stuff is with the embassy and in the 'Ready' status. 

Hopefully that's helpful info! 

39 minutes ago, DrIdu said:

Quick update: 

Mr.Idu had his medical visit yesterday. Had to travel into London (it seems the trains are back on track, in a way). He said London seemed like an early Sunday morning. Not much going on. Quiet. 

They sent him a list of information via email (I am not privy to this email). Which he had all of it already, because we made our little stacks of documents for the medical and interview ages ago. And I constantly ask him to double check things (I'm a Virgo, okay!).

Mr. Idu's feedback on the experience:

1. Drink a 'pint' of water directly beforehand, as one thing that holds people up in the medical is not feeling ready to pee in a cup. He was very ready. 😆
  2. The office is very efficient, process-focused, and direct in their dealings. Courteous and friendly, as well. 
  3. So, have all of the required documents ready for them, as they won't wait on you to get it all sorted. 
    1. In his words: "Have whatever they need to process your medical paperwork for the visa interview appointment...just get the fuckah done."
  4. They list options during the medical, such as whether to get your shots/jabs there or with your GP.
    1. Mr.Idu said: get it done there and pay for it so you don't make the process more complex by relying on your GP's timescale to schedule another appointment and the risk of them not having what you need to get for the visa application;
    2. Dr.Idu (me) says: Also the visa medical office knows exactly what you need for the US visa application, so better to use their services and get it done;
    3. Mr.Idu also said: they doctor said it wasn't clear what his vaccinations were base on his summary, but that it also didn't matter because his age meant that he was due for a top up and that some of the vaccinations weren't required when he was younger.

That's what we have to share. I feel a little bit better knowing that we are literally just waiting for the interview date. And, from checking the CEAC status, also knowing that all of our stuff is with the embassy and in the 'Ready' status. 

Hopefully that's helpful info! 

Thank you so much for writing this up! My partner has his medical in about an hour...just sent him the whole post (and reminded him to drink some water!)

So glad you are so close to being done with this all!

5 hours ago, shallot343 said:

My partner has his medical in about an hour.

Thought I would add an update as well!

My partner (T) was told visa medicals is one-in one-out so even though he turned up early he had to wait to be called in, which was about 10 minutes after his scheduled appointment time. In total he was there for about an hour and fifteen minutes; he handed over his documents to be scanned in and then mostly sat in the waiting room except to be seen for each individual part of the medical (urine test, blood draw, patient summary, X-Ray). He also needed two vaccines (MMR and Tetanus). They take debit card even though it says "cash or credit only" on the website. Everything is all clear except he still needs his Mental Health GP letter, but they told him once he has that to send it in and then they will send his medical to the embassy! 

Regarding the GP letter for anyone who is concerned about it (because I was!); my partner asked his GP for the letter back in July (for ongoing depression which he is medicated for) and they said 6 weeks or so to receive it. It was an unbelievable faff--they refused to write the magic "not a danger to self or others" words and the secretary forgot to send the request to the doctor so it wasn't done before the medical as promised. T called visa medicals to reschedule due to the missing letter and they told him he could come in for the rest of the appointment and just send the letter later. They actually gave him a form or template to send to his GP with the information they needed regarding his mental health, which is actually easier than asking the GP to write one sight unseen. T dropped the form with his GP after the medical and is going to call up for a consultation on Monday so they can fill it out.

I would suggest for anyone with the time to spare (interview isn't until the 5th !), it might be easier just getting the GP letter after the medical. I know some GPs may have written a letter like this for visa purposed before but T's clearly hadn't! 

7 hours ago, shallot343 said:

Thought I would add an update as well!

My partner (T) was told visa medicals is one-in one-out so even though he turned up early he had to wait to be called in, which was about 10 minutes after his scheduled appointment time. In total he was there for about an hour and fifteen minutes; he handed over his documents to be scanned in and then mostly sat in the waiting room except to be seen for each individual part of the medical (urine test, blood draw, patient summary, X-Ray). He also needed two vaccines (MMR and Tetanus). They take debit card even though it says "cash or credit only" on the website. Everything is all clear except he still needs his Mental Health GP letter, but they told him once he has that to send it in and then they will send his medical to the embassy! 

Regarding the GP letter for anyone who is concerned about it (because I was!); my partner asked his GP for the letter back in July (for ongoing depression which he is medicated for) and they said 6 weeks or so to receive it. It was an unbelievable faff--they refused to write the magic "not a danger to self or others" words and the secretary forgot to send the request to the doctor so it wasn't done before the medical as promised. T called visa medicals to reschedule due to the missing letter and they told him he could come in for the rest of the appointment and just send the letter later. They actually gave him a form or template to send to his GP with the information they needed regarding his mental health, which is actually easier than asking the GP to write one sight unseen. T dropped the form with his GP after the medical and is going to call up for a consultation on Monday so they can fill it out.

I would suggest for anyone with the time to spare (interview isn't until the 5th !), it might be easier just getting the GP letter after the medical. I know some GPs may have written a letter like this for visa purposed before but T's clearly hadn't! 

If you already have an interview booked I’d caution against getting the letter after the medical as this requires counting on getting the letter in time for the interview. 

I had the same issue, was given the same template and my GP was completely, utterly useless about it. I had to about a week to sort it all out and in the end paid a psychologist £325 just to have a 15 minute appointment with me and write a letter to say that I show no sign of self harm. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Regarding mental health letters. Over the last 10 years in this UK forum I have seen many issues such as this. Some GPs are so willing to help, some are just slow, some charge, and some refuse to speculate that you will not be a harm to yourself or others in the future. 

I suggest all who are waiting who have not at least inquired with their surgery to find out how long it will take, to do so now. Many have been successful writing out what they would like the letter to say including the name and address of the clinic (Visa Medicals). Helping them out might make it go better for you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.