Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, DrIdu said:

Nothing at all. I'm gonna try not to get too crazy about it and also not get my hopes up.

So how is everyone doing in this heatwave in England? Is Scotland getting it too? I saw the flooding and awful train tragedy on the news! My DH and I FaceTime regularly and he is really struggling with the heat. Told him to get a fan, so at least the (hot) air is moving around. Oh, and to stay hydrated. 

I think I have heat stroke 🥵 

11 minutes ago, cash15 said:

My Husband had his interview today and was approved! The whole process took about an hour, he said it was pretty straight forward. They didn't ask for half the documents he brought (I may have gone a bit over board). And said his passport should be back within the next two weeks.

Congratulations to you both, it’s great to hear of another approval. What documents didn’t they ask for?

10 hours ago, loveisvein said:

any may or june DQ movement yet? 🙃

There is a VJ timeline from a couple that got DQ on 1st May and they have a non-expedited appointment for 24th September.

It gives me hope for late May DQers to get October or early November interviews. 🤞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, corntop said:

There is a VJ timeline from a couple that got DQ on 1st May and they have a non-expedited appointment for 24th September.

It gives me hope for late May DQers to get October or early November interviews. 🤞

excellent news! thanks for sharing :)

6 hours ago, DCB said:

Congratulations to you both, it’s great to hear of another approval. What documents didn’t they ask for?

They asked for the booking confirmation, original birth certificate, marriage certificate, DS260, police certificate. Basically anything that has an original, they asked for it. They didn't take any of the copies we made and didn't as for tax records, bank statements, or pay slips. I'm sure each person will be different in what they ask for, but my husband said he spent more time waiting than speaking to someone! 

10 hours ago, cash15 said:

My Husband had his interview today and was approved! The whole process took about an hour, he said it was pretty straight forward. They didn't ask for half the documents he brought (I may have gone a bit over board). And said his passport should be back within the next two weeks.

YAY!! Congrats.  I had mine on Monday and it was much the same.  Very quick.  I even had an email yesterday saying that my passport etc will be delivered back today!!

1 minute ago, DCB said:

Wow, they didn’t even ask for I-864?

They asked for affidavit of support and tax transcript but didn't ask for recent payslips.  

I left a review you can see on my profile which goes into detail :)

6 hours ago, cash15 said:

They asked for the booking confirmation, original birth certificate, marriage certificate, DS260, police certificate. Basically anything that has an original, they asked for it. They didn't take any of the copies we made and didn't as for tax records, bank statements, or pay slips. I'm sure each person will be different in what they ask for, but my husband said he spent more time waiting than speaking to someone! 

They took the same from me. I asked about the other stuff but the guy taking the docs said they have it all electronically so it's fine. May be different for those whose documents aren't all electronic however.

They are super quick.  Just received my package and passport back with the visa in it. appointment was monday 11:30 and have received all my docs and visa by friday 12:30!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.