2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, gurgen said:

Hi again, so I've received a courtesy letter previously regarding my medicals.(I initially sent them when I filed but that was more than 3 years ago so I need to submit it again) I wonder if get my medical exam done again and send the paperwork to the USCIS to see if they waive the interview for me? Worth a try? What do you think? Thanks. 

I think first you go to your congressmen or senator and send this query to USCIS via them so that they answer your representative and if they yes then this will be the best thing.

2 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Dear VJ Family, i just received an email from my attorney that my case was transferred from the Vermont Service Center to my local office is that a good thing and does that mean that there is a chance for a notice for a interview or hopefully approval of a I-485 without an interview? 

That's the standard process...every one else got their i485 transferred or will do following VAWA approval..so it's a step forward. For the few cases getting approved without interview, it's solely at the discretion of the officer. Keep an open mind..anything is possible especially now... in these uncertain times!😊👍

35 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

You have a good point we can try for that but in the courtesy letter it’s written to wait until and unless either you got a RFE or you got the interview letter so I think we can contact our congressmen or senator so that they can enquirer on our behalf that since the USCIS is slow can they waive out the interview and send an RFE for medical so that we can have our green card for sooner.

Sorry what does it say in a courtesy letter to wait for? Are courtesy letter and interview letter the same thing? I’dont think there is rfe for medical sunless I am mistaken as they just send courtesy elders instead?

Timeline
3 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

Hey you amazing people!!! 

So Happy to be able to share this at last!! My EAD renewal, which I had filed in 9/2019 is finally approved !!! 

It was sent to NBC by my lawyer (He explained and showed  me his reasoning and the USCIS guide saying exactly that, I could not argue). I did involve the congressman, but they only got a generic answer from USCIS so dunno how much it helped. I also had started an inquiry of my own online as it was out of normal processing time. Just did the same for my travel doc I-131 

I think I lost out on 2 jobs because the recruiter did not trust me when i gave them the extension letter 🙄 its fine, they were temp jobs 

cant wait to hold it in my hands !!!

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 1.31.58 PM.png

Congrats 

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

That's the standard process...every one else got their i485 transferred or will do following VAWA approval..so it's a step forward. For the few cases getting approved without interview, it's solely at the discretion of the officer. Keep an open mind..anything is possible especially now... in these uncertain times!😊👍

yeah you have a point, hope everything will work out is a good way at the end 🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

If you submit I485 you can apply for work permit. If I didn't need a work permit I would hold off sending I485 until vawa approved. But probably a rare case for someone to be able to not work for 2 years.

I mean there was no info communicated about this, right? It's only our guess that it may or may not happen.

what about those who submitted I485 prior applying for I360 ? Does it make any difference ?

24 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Hello people! Wish everyone is doing ok.

Finally my approval notice. i797 came 2 months after my EAD C31.. no sign of SSC. Any way, I have a question, this notice I797 says class 1B1 andScreenshot_2020-06-29-17-34-31(1).thumb.png.ff61af0069fd6f50245513586a6b2630.png I cannot find a thing about this class... Do you guys have any input?

@Ylx Congratulations. It means exactly what it says in the section part of the letter: self-petitioning spouse of U.S.C or L.P.R, we talked about this when I received my letter, remember? Now, we wait for the GC 🙂

29 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Finally my approval notice. i797 came 2 months after my EAD C31.. no sign of SSC. Any way, I have a question, this notice I797 says class 1B1 andScreenshot_2020-06-29-17-34-31(1).thumb.png.ff61af0069fd6f50245513586a6b2630.png I cannot find a thing about this class... Do you guys have any input?

Congratulations are in order!🌟🙌 the class IB1 is explained right there..self petitioning spouse of a USC/LPR so rest easy...we all had that. Looking forward to more good news!😊👍yeah Gogetter is correct!

2 hours ago, Gogetter18 said:

@Ylx Congratulations. It means exactly what it says in the section part of the letter: self-petitioning spouse of U.S.C or L.P.R, we talked about this when I received my letter, remember? Now, we wait for the GC 🙂

congrats :0 

3 hours ago, Ylx said:

Most of us has same IB1 category means spouse of us citizen 

hi all, I have one question :

on my VAWA approval letter, the priority date says June 21st 2017, which was the date they accepted my first I-485 with my husband, even though I applied for VAWA back in August 2018 and filed a new I-485 along with I-360. 
long story short - I never went to my interview with my husband, we didn’t even get the letter and my lawyer sent a letter back in the day which stated to cancel my I-485 and that I will be filling a new one with VAWA package. That one starts with MSC and the last update online that I got for it was “Case was reopened and mailed a notice” which I never got because I ran away from my husband’s apartment. 

So I am pretty confused why is that priority date starts with that date and not the one when I filed vawa? I have contacted my congressman about my current I-485, since I didn’t get transfer notifications or anything.. 

Maybe I am overthinking and being paranoid that they messed something up with my I-485 :( 
I would appreciate any opinion, thanks so much and sorry for a long post

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.