zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,565 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has experience with using an asset to support their case for IR1 Immigration into the US. We are currently waiting an interview, and I always get nervous about this part. We own a home with significant equity in it, and are hoping to use this rather than obtain a co sponsor. Just wondering if anyone has used their asset, and what evidence they provided regarding the value? We have an appraisal from a local real estate agent, but wondering if anything more formal has been asked for? Very vague advice on the requirements for this from what I can see. Thanks for any help!

Hi guys! I got DQ'd on May 10th and waiting for a consulate interview but I am currently in LA on an O1 expiring in July. I know I should have just gotten an AOS but something complicated happened so I couldn't at first. Is it really taking 5-6 months to get a date scheduled? Should I just re-apply for an AOS here instead?

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2023 at 9:36 AM, Amylee said:

Hi everyone,

Please share any new updates you know about the processing times. Many like me have no other sources than this page.

Many thanks 🙏🏻 

Hi, have you received the interview letter from US consulate Sydney? When is your priority date please? My priority date is late Sep 2022 (EB2 - NIW), DQed on July 2023. I am trying to figure out what is the current time for EB visas in US consulate Sydney. Thank you

On 5/22/2023 at 9:36 AM, Amylee said:

Hi everyone,

Please share any new updates you know about the processing times. Many like me have no other sources than this page.

Many thanks 🙏🏻 

Hi Amylee
One of my friends recently received the invitation after waiting for approximately six months. By now, you should probably have also received it. Could you please let us know if there are any updates regarding your invitation?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

We got our Sydney CR1 interview emailed letter today so I wanted to share for those of us who have been obsessively waiting on a timeline update 🙃.

Our interview date is October 18, 2023

Our DQ date was April 7, 2023

That makes it 4 months 7 days before our date is set, with an additional 2 months 3 days from reciept of the letter- so just over 6 months total from DQ to interview date. Hope this helps someone.

Edited by rainserene
Typo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/11/2023 at 12:37 AM, chy8 said:

nope, still waiting..

@chy8 we have an interview for January 9th, I reached out to them via the website and filled out a form and the same day got an e-mail with our scheduled interview

On 12/10/2023 at 8:37 AM, chy8 said:

nope, still waiting..

Worth pointing out though that yours is an EB app and your PD isn't current until next month, so no interview can have been scheduled for you yet anyway. Just for the sake of anybody else reading as you don't have your info on your profile and they may think you're applying via a different route without a wait for a visa.

Hope you don't have too long to wait once your PD is current, good luck.

Edited by appleblossom

3 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Worth pointing out though that yours is an EB app and your PD isn't current until next month, so no interview can have been scheduled for you yet anyway. Just for the sake of anybody else reading as you don't have your info on your profile and they may think you're applying via a different route without a wait for a visa.

Hope you don't have too long to wait once your PD is current, good luck.

Thanks kindly for pointing this out. I am waiting for an EB2 visa interview. PD will be current for January 2024 visa bulletin. Keeping my fingers crossed for the interview date

3 hours ago, 234313 said:

@chy8 we have an interview for January 9th, I reached out to them via the website and filled out a form and the same day got an e-mail with our scheduled interview

Congrats. Which visa category is yours? I am waiting on EB2 which requires the priority date on visa bulletin to become and remain current for a visa interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.