zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,565 posts in this topic

@BahamaBaby and @Tristan L sorry I haven’t come earlier to give you updates!!

I have good news, finally!

On October 13th, they sent me a date for November 22nd, which I accepted but politely requested that in case a cancellation would come earlier to consider bringing the appointment forward as the hospital wanted us to start on the next intake for orientation.

yesterday, another nurse colleague and I received the email that our interviews were brought forward due to cancellations!!!

looks like they are only interviewing twice a month because some of us are now early November and the rest November 22nd.

Yeah! I Noticed they forgot to update their Facebook page!

Hopefully, it won’t be too much longer for you guys ! God bless us all!

6 hours ago, NatP said:

@BahamaBaby and @Tristan L sorry I haven’t come earlier to give you updates!!

I have good news, finally!

On October 13th, they sent me a date for November 22nd, which I accepted but politely requested that in case a cancellation would come earlier to consider bringing the appointment forward as the hospital wanted us to start on the next intake for orientation.

yesterday, another nurse colleague and I received the email that our interviews were brought forward due to cancellations!!!

looks like they are only interviewing twice a month because some of us are now early November and the rest November 22nd.

Yeah! I Noticed they forgot to update their Facebook page!

Hopefully, it won’t be too much longer for you guys ! God bless us all!

@NatP 

Hi NatP,

That is really great news and all the best for the interview.

On 10/29/2022 at 9:34 AM, BahamaBaby said:

Hi @Tristan L what is your DQ date? NVC has sent interview letters for EB visas until July 2021. They appear to be covering 2 months at a time to help address the backlog. Facebook page should hopefully be updated next week. 

Hi @Tristan L

According to the Facebook page,  on the 27th of September, they indicated that the EB candidates scheduled for interviews on that month were documentarily qualified on Feb 2021. Now, based on what you are saying here interview letters have been sent to the candidates until July 21, doesn't it mean that they have covered 5 months at a time rather than 2 months? Is it correct? 

@Cyrus9 the FB post went live at the end of September and I think it was indicative of what was happening for October. They must’ve done feb & mar 21 in October, followed by apr & may 21 in November. For December they’ve sent letters to people DQ in June and July 21, which is why I’ve said they appear to cover 2 months at a time to clear the backlog. 

On 10/30/2022 at 1:20 PM, BahamaBaby said:

@Cyrus9 the FB post went live at the end of September and I think it was indicative of what was happening for October. They must’ve done feb & mar 21 in October, followed by apr & may 21 in November. For December they’ve sent letters to people DQ in June and July 21, which is why I’ve said they appear to cover 2 months at a time to clear the backlog. 

@BahamaBaby The FB showed up the latest update of EB schedule date (still Feb 2021) I think they're dealing with expetised cases more than normal case. 

30 minutes ago, BahamaBaby said:

Hi @Tristan L, they have issued interview letters for people from July 2021 so not sure why they didn’t change the dates in the post. 

What is your DQ? 

@BahamaBaby

Not sure the reasons why they only change the Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases dates. You mentioned they have issued the interview letters for people from July 2021, are these people holding normal EB cases or they expedited their cases. I could not find the relative information. My DQ is Dec. 2021 and still long way to wait. Hope you will get the interview letter soon. 

For those who are interested, heres some data I've collected in regards to recent IR-1/CR-1 interview dates at the Sydney Consulate. As you can see, the time between DQ date and interview date is beginning to shorten.

image.png.b8f20eaec0ccd5bae39c74c52b7cf856.png

So glad, I came across this forum. Gave me an idea to look at US consulate Sydney  FB page and found their updates regarding  interview schedule.  I’m in the IR 1 category. Priority date June 2021. Just got documentarily qualified yesterday. 

https://www.facebook.com/USConsulateSydney

According to this page, the consulate is already up to Doing interviews for June 2022 NVC documentarily complete IR visa applicants compared to a month ago where they were doing the same interviews for January 2022 applicants. Hoping this trend continues. Fingers crossed! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.