zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,565 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2022 at 1:32 PM, BahamaBaby said:

I see a lot of activity for K visa transfers to the Sydney consulate. Keen to understand if anyone on an employment visa (EB) has had traction. We are DQ since august 2021 and hoping we will be reviewed by the end of this year. 

Hi BahamaBaby,

From the website of US consulate in Sydney, they were reopened. How do you know there are K visas transferred to Sydney, any links? 

Additionally, I have talked with my lawyer and he suggested me to try to expedite the case. Hope you will receive the invitation for interview. 

2 minutes ago, BahamaBaby said:

Hi @Tristan LI saw a post about this in other Sydney related thread. 

would you ask the consulate directly for expedite or reach out to NVC? What’s your DQ? 

we tried expedite in March but that didn’t work out. Given the consulate is now open, they may be more willing to look at it. 

Hi BahamaBaby,

My DQ is 1/1/2022. 

I will go directly to NVC and public inquiry form as consulate will definitely kick the ball to NVC side.

1 minute ago, BahamaBaby said:

@Tristan L Goodluck! Hope it works out. We were DQ in august 2021 however our priority date is from 2018, so we’ve been waiting for what feels like a pretty long time. Hoping this ends by the end of 2022 and we can start our new life in the USA in 2023. 

Hi BahamaBaby,

I fully understand your feeling as my PD is May 2018 and such a long journey. I will make a try and will update the results no matter approve or deny. Good luck. 

On 6/20/2022 at 8:27 PM, BahamaBaby said:

@Tristan L Goodluck! Hope it works out. We were DQ in august 2021 however our priority date is from 2018, so we’ve been waiting for what feels like a pretty long time. Hoping this ends by the end of 2022 and we can start our new life in the USA in 2023. 

Hey BahamaBaby,

Have you heard anything from the consulate? We were DQ’d September 6, 2021 so we’ve been watching your timeline in anticipation. Hope you  hear something soon!

On 6/30/2022 at 12:45 PM, BahamaBaby said:

@Mattttam Goodluck to you! Hopefully once they clear all the family based visas in the next couple of months, we will get our turn, fingers crossed. 

Hi BahamaBaby and Matttham,

I failed in expedite my case as Sydney consular turned it down. For EB, it is really hard to accelerate our cases and do not when the interview will come. The dark future of empolyment market in my filed make me really want to move to US to restart my career. Hope you guys could hear good news soon.

@Tristan L sorry to hear about the outcome of your expedite. What are your and @Mattttam thoughts on EB case progress? I think the Sydney consulate is resuming interviews in July, their online portal is allowing passport and other appointments from next week. Hoping they start requesting cases from NVC and set up something in the next 2-3 months. I think cases are sent by DQ date but priority is given to family cases before employment ones. 

Our documents are due to be reviewed by the NVC in the next 1-2 weeks, so will hopefully be DQ'd. @Mattttam just trying to play catch up on this feed, have you had any guidance from NVC about when they'll send your case through to the Sydney Consulate? Or is it the usual case of just wait & see?

Trying to get a gauge on our timeline, but can't seem to find any real guidance on backlog/timeframes for CR1/IR1 interviews at the Sydney Consulate.

On 6/30/2022 at 12:45 PM, BahamaBaby said:

@Mattttam Goodluck to you! Hopefully once they clear all the family based visas in the next couple of months, we will get our turn, fingers crossed. 

Sorry BahamaBaby, i misread your question. I am actually IR-1. But hoping for everyone's sake we see some progress across all visa classes. Goodluck!

On 7/2/2022 at 12:27 PM, JedMills said:

Our documents are due to be reviewed by the NVC in the next 1-2 weeks, so will hopefully be DQ'd. @Mattttam just trying to play catch up on this feed, have you had any guidance from NVC about when they'll send your case through to the Sydney Consulate? Or is it the usual case of just wait & see?

Trying to get a gauge on our timeline, but can't seem to find any real guidance on backlog/timeframes for CR1/IR1 interviews at the Sydney Consulate.

Hey JedMills,

We haven't received anything other than standard/template style replies from the NVC and consulate. They do send an auto generated email every two months to advise we are DQ'd and still awaiting the Sydney Consulate to request additional cases. We are coming up to being DQ'd for 10 months on 7th July so hoping we hear something soon. 

I hear the NVC is starting to process cases a little quicker and it seems like the Sydney Consulate are starting to make a dent in K1 interviews. Hopefully you don't have the long wait that we have had.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.