zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,565 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2022 at 5:25 PM, Lindii said:

How long have you been waiting from submitting your application up to the interview?

Since the start? 20 months!

11 hours ago, Kelc said:

Just got DQ'ed today. How long did it take to get an interview date recently from DQ for you recent people? Also are appointments for interviews still happening in Melbourne or are they back in Sydney? 

Like 3-4 months. Interviews are still in Melbourne 

8 minutes ago, BahamaBaby said:

@Luciahidalgo did you request to expedite your case? That seems very quick and great news for you! 

I uploaded my documents on February 2021 and got a response on April 2021. They told me to attach my birth certificate again :( so I had to wait until late October. Then, in December I received an email saying that my case had been expedited. Maybe is because I started the process on June 2019 😅🧐

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Hotpotato004 said:

Any update on the current wait time from DQ to Interview Date especially for those who were expedited? 

Not sure about the wait time.. we were DQ’d by NVC on Feb 12th this year and still waiting for NVC/Sydney consulate to schedule our visa interview. 

btw, when did you got DQ’d? 

Hi guys, a bit off topic but where did you guys had your medicals done and how much were they? I live in Perth and we’re due for our medicals and I was just shocked at the cost! The clinic said it can go up to $1200/adult and $400 per child. There are 4 of us so imagine how much it would cost us.  Its really frustrating cos they’re the only panel physician here in perth. Badly want to go over east and have it done there instead.

On 3/16/2022 at 5:08 PM, Ash23122 said:

Not sure about the wait time.. we were DQ’d by NVC on Feb 12th this year and still waiting for NVC/Sydney consulate to schedule our visa interview. 

btw, when did you got DQ’d? 

Hi, i was DQ’d 1st March. My case was successfully expedited so I received an email from them early in the week to say that our interview will be for next week thursday. It was very sudden we didn’t have much time to prepare. Our medicals will have to follow cos there isnt much time to do it before our interview. I’m still trying to find out if there ‘s a way for us to do the medicals over east cos the cost to have them done here in Perth is such a rip off!

3 minutes ago, Hotpotato004 said:

Hi, i was DQ’d 1st March. My case was successfully expedited so I received an email from them early in the week to say that our interview will be for next week thursday. It was very sudden we didn’t have much time to prepare. Our medicals will have to follow cos there isnt much time to do it before our interview. I’m still trying to find out if there ‘s a way for us to do the medicals over east cos the cost to have them done here in Perth is such a rip off!

May I ask how you got expedited/what reason you submitted? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.