1,455 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am planning to submit my medical I693 RFE tomorrow along with I944 form. Is anyone who has submitted a medical or other RFE lately? What is the process after submitting? Do you get a response like "Yes we received it and everything you sent satisfy our request"? If so, how long it took to get an answer from USCIS. 

I am worried to see if the documents that I will submit are ok for them and obviously I am worried if they receive it and if my case is back on normal track!!! 

I have heard people chatted with Emma as to make sure their documents have been received. 

Thanks in advance. 

7 hours ago, lstm said:

Hi all,

I am planning to submit my medical I693 RFE tomorrow along with I944 form. Is anyone who has submitted a medical or other RFE lately? What is the process after submitting? Do you get a response like "Yes we received it and everything you sent satisfy our request"? If so, how long it took to get an answer from USCIS. 

I am worried to see if the documents that I will submit are ok for them and obviously I am worried if they receive it and if my case is back on normal track!!! 

I have heard people chatted with Emma as to make sure their documents have been received. 

Thanks in advance. 

Does your letter say to send the medical?  Ours said to bring it to the interview, or if an interview is not scheduled than I would receive instructions to send it in.

On 11/7/2020 at 6:07 PM, Ela S. said:

Got my Biometrics appointment letter in the mail today!

I have a question regarding the code. I have “Code 2” on the letter which means it’s for my I-485 and I-765 but it doesn’t say anything about the I-131. Will they take my fingerprints for both my I-765 and I-131? I won’t have to go back for another biometrics appointment, correct? I wouldn’t want to wait more months for another appointment that may never come 😅

I was also scheduled for code 2 but I asked for code 3 and the lady who was taking my fingerprints said that it supposed to be 3 anyway but just the computer generates the letter and they do mistakes . Just be nice and let them know that you have been told from USCIS that you need code 3 so you do not need to go again. I think for I-765 and I- 131 its the same. Good luck.  

2 hours ago, SusnOwen said:

Does your letter say to send the medical?  Ours said to bring it to the interview, or if an interview is not scheduled than I would receive instructions to send it in.

Yes our letter says to send them the medicals now. It is weird but as I am employment based they tend to waive interviews for us. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

The case inquiry date for I-131 (Advance Parole) at the NBC is now June 12, 2020 (2.5 to 5 months).

Has anyone filed a service request based on their I-131 processing time? Was there any meaningful response?

Note that it should only be submitted if you have not received any sort of case update in the last 60 days.

(We got a RFIE for the I-485 which reset our filing date to 22 July 2020. I believe that resets the I-131 and I-765 dates as well, so we are not yet eligible to submit a request. We have not yet been scheduled for biometrics in Indianapolis.)

Edited by pigrew

1 hour ago, lstm said:

Yes our letter says to send them the medicals now. It is weird but as I am employment based they tend to waive interviews for us. 

Good for you!  Sounds like they are going to waive your interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello! 

Attention COVID-era Manhattan applicants: 

My husband just had his biometrics appointment at the  Varick ACS. It said Code 2 on the letter but he told the agent he needed Code 3 and they processed his biometrics for Code 3 with all ten fingerprints. 

We went for his 8 am appt at 7:45 am and there was a line of about 10 people outside. They let everyone in pretty quickly after 8. I wasn’t allowed to accompany my husband inside. 

They had metal detectors. People were allowed to have their cell phones inside - we left ours in the car. 

Overall it took him about 30 minutes. Went very smoothly!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Still no biometric appointment here .. but yesterday night (at 8:30 pm !) a tier 2 agent called back (per my request last week) and somehow couldn't give me a biometric appointment but put a request to expedite my i131 so there is that at least... I plan to ask for a tier 2 agent again for biometrics again next week ... we shall see ! 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lisa Pr said:

Still no biometric appointment here .. but yesterday night (at 8:30 pm !) a tier 2 agent called back (per my request last week) and somehow couldn't give me a biometric appointment but put a request to expedite my i131 so there is that at least... I plan to ask for a tier 2 agent again for biometrics again next week ... we shall see ! 

What reason did they give you for not scheduling an appointment?

I asked to speak to a Tier 2 agent on November 2 and I am still waiting for their call back.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jaqueline said:

What reason did they give you for not scheduling an appointment?

I asked to speak to a Tier 2 agent on November 2 and I am still waiting for their call back.

She didn't really give me any reason except that the system wouldn't allow her to do this at this time .. very frustrating ..

Also I just checked my USCIS and the expedite request has been denied .. trying to stay positive and patient is becoming hard 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Lisa Pr said:

She didn't really give me any reason except that the system wouldn't allow her to do this at this time .. very frustrating ..

Also I just checked my USCIS and the expedite request has been denied .. trying to stay positive and patient is becoming hard 

I just for a call back from the agent and they said they cannot do anything about this either. 
Told me to just keep waiting.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jaqueline said:

I just for a call back from the agent and they said they cannot do anything about this either. 
Told me to just keep waiting.

I am sorry that you're going through that as well ... 

I put an service request for "case out of normal processing time" for the i131 ... we'll see , they say to expect reply by December 2nd... 

51 minutes ago, Lisa Pr said:

I am sorry that you're going through that as well ... 

I put an service request for "case out of normal processing time" for the i131 ... we'll see , they say to expect reply by December 2nd... 

I did put service request for I-131 "Case Out of normal processing time"  and automated email was - "Expect reply by Nov 29". I used self service tool to create SR instead of emma/live agent. One thing i don't understand is, where can we check the status of service request ? I haven't found any tool/resource. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, GCJACK said:

I did put service request for I-131 "Case Out of normal processing time"  and automated email was - "Expect reply by Nov 29". I used self service tool to create SR instead of emma/live agent. One thing i don't understand is, where can we check the status of service request ? I haven't found any tool/resource. 

I don't think there is any way to find out the status of the service request unfortunately .. all we can do is wait for a reply .. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.