1,455 posts in this topic

I have not received my biometrics appointment yet.... I put in a service request at the end of october for that but no response yet.

I contacted emma today and a service rep said that I can do a emergency biometrics scheduling since there is a big delay in the system. However I need a reason for the emergency biometric scheduling. what kind of reason can be given during this time?

I feel like everyone is kind of in the same boat with the biometric, and it's just so annoying because  if there's no biometric, nothing moves on.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/24/2020 at 7:55 PM, Hang Nguyen said:

I have not received my biometrics appointment yet.... I put in a service request at the end of october for that but no response yet.

I contacted emma today and a service rep said that I can do a emergency biometrics scheduling since there is a big delay in the system. However I need a reason for the emergency biometric scheduling. what kind of reason can be given during this time?

I feel like everyone is kind of in the same boat with the biometric, and it's just so annoying because  if there's no biometric, nothing moves on.

Did you chat or was on call. I never heard there is such a thing like emergency biometrics scheduling , if there is can you tell us how did they offer u this?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On 11/24/2020 at 1:04 PM, waiver is coming said:

Hello,

I just wanted to share my timeline in case it helps someone.

Sent the AOS application packet - 6/15/2020

NOAs received - 6/26/2020

Biometrics appointment - 8/28/2020

Expedite request for EAD/AP - 9/14/2020

Email asking for proof of severe financial loss - 9/18/2020

Faxed my job offer letter + a proclamation signed by the President (related to my research) - 9/24/2020

Expedite request approved - 9/25/2020

EAD card mailed - 10/1/2020

EAD card received - 10/3/2020

Case is ready to be scheduled an interview - 10/19/2020

Interview is scheduled on 11/24/2020

New card is being produced - 11/24/2020

As for the EAD expedite request, I just put in a request over Emma based on severe financial loss. Most people with a pending job offer are approved for expedition of their EAD based on my experience. I hope this was helpful for some of you guys.

Thank you for sharing this. 

I am planning to send an expedite request after my biometrics as I also have a job offer. 

How did you do it? Or where did you send it? 

I was going to contact an agent through Emma and explain my case but maybe you know a better way

Thanks in advance! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marco PG said:

Thank you for sharing this. 

I am planning to send an expedite request after my biometrics as I also have a job offer. 

How did you do it? Or where did you send it? 

I was going to contact an agent through Emma and explain my case but maybe you know a better way

Thanks in advance! 

I first tried calling but couldn't reach anybody. Then I chatted with an online agent through Emma and he/she was able to put in a request for me in like 5 minutes. You still need to provide an initial explanation as to why you want your application to be expedited. In my case, I just said I have a pending job offer and need my EAD expedited to be able to accept the offer. It was a very straightforward process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! Excuse me, how did you manage to speak to a second level officer?
They received my AOS application in June and I still don't have my biometrics appointment. And obviously I have not received my AP and EAP either.
Could you help me or give me some advice. I really appreciate it.

Timeline
On 11/12/2020 at 8:01 PM, optimistic23 said:

I was told I would get a call from Tier 2 agent within 7 days but never received any call so i called them & was told my service request will take 30 days and still 10 days to go and have to wait.that was the end of the call.

Then an hour later i received an email for biometric appointment notice. 

FYI, my expedite request for EAD was denied back in August so i kinda gave up so it was great to see some movement after 6 months.

Good luck and keep the faith!

Hello! I'm in the same situation. They received my application for AOS in June and I still wait for my appointment for biometrics and my 1-131 was already out of normal processing time and sent a case query, however I had no answer. How did you communicate with a second-level agent? Any advice I can give me will help me a lot. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just got an update on the uscis website. My work permit has been approved. It's changed to a card is being produced. Filed in June, got the I-765 rejected, refiled the I-765 in September and today it was approved. 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Blanca&Ivan said:

Hello! I'm in the same situation. They received my application for AOS in June and I still wait for my appointment for biometrics and my 1-131 was already out of normal processing time and sent a case query, however I had no answer. How did you communicate with a second-level agent? Any advice I can give me will help me a lot. Thank you

In the same situation here too. 

Applied in June and still no word on biometrics. 

I've now raised 3 tickets chasing for an update, and not received any update whatsoever, particularly frustrating as I have a job offer that I'm probably going to lose due to the delay.  

I spoke to a Tier 2 agent yesterday and they told me that currently there is nothing that can be done but keep raising tickets every 30 days. Whereas previously Tier 2 agents could schedule or fast-track appointments, currently all they are able to do is send update requests to the national benefits center on our behalf. 

Unfortunately all we can do is sit and wait....

Wishing everyone luck!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, London88 said:

In the same situation here too. 

Applied in June and still no word on biometrics. 

I've now raised 3 tickets chasing for an update, and not received any update whatsoever, particularly frustrating as I have a job offer that I'm probably going to lose due to the delay.  

I spoke to a Tier 2 agent yesterday and they told me that currently there is nothing that can be done but keep raising tickets every 30 days. Whereas previously Tier 2 agents could schedule or fast-track appointments, currently all they are able to do is send update requests to the national benefits center on our behalf. 

Unfortunately all we can do is sit and wait....

Wishing everyone luck!

How where you able to communicate with the Tier 2 agents? I am in the same exact situation, since June and no answer. 
Thank you

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Blanca&Ivan said:

How where you able to communicate with the Tier 2 agents? I am in the same exact situation, since June and no answer. 
Thank you

Call the customer service line (800) 375-5283 and ask a Tier 1 agent to speak to a Tier 2 agent. The Tier 1 agent will then schedule you a call back from a Tier 2 agent who will call you within 7 days. I'd recommend calling in the morning as it's easier to get past the robot system and the wait times are usually shorter.

My husband and I had a congress person inquire with USCIS about our case status. 

Just got a generic response about awaiting biometrics...which will be scheduled in order of availability, etc. 

Have a pending service request...

Waiting, waiting....Someday I'd like to work again. I've been unemployed for over a year now. Unemployed nurse in a pandemic--GREAT!

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

On 11/16/2020 at 2:28 PM, Kadilola said:

Got my Biometrics Appointment in mail today for 12/01,  they sent the notice was sent 11/07.... 

PD 06/30

ASC - Wichita,  Kansas

Sent Service Request 10/27

Received Call back from Tier2 officer 11/04

Update:     Biometrics Done 12/01, got their 1 hour before my time  - 11am, everywhere was empty so I went in at 10am.

I asked  for the change in CODE 2 to a CODE 3 at the ASC, the CIS officer on duty helped with that, but it took her 1hr 30 minutes to change the CODE,  and print it.  ASC manager took all the fingerprints with  the new CODE 3 sheet 

Case Updated hours after, but only to i485 and i765.

Incase I get another Bio App. for i131, I will direct them to use the one I already did

Good morning

Texts for NOA1 received! Here's an update of my timeline:

Date sent: 06/29

Date received: 07/02

CC charged: 07/16

NOA1 texts: 07/21

NOA1 letter: not yet in the mail

Good luck to everyone!

AOS from F1 student visa (concurrent filing)
Date sent: 06/29 - usps priority 

Date received: 06/30 @ Chicago lockbox 

CC charged: 07/14 - cashiers check

NOA1 texts: 07/ 16 @11:44pm

NOA1 letters: 07/21

The wait begins....good luck to us.

Hey guys,

Count me in the group of June 2020 AOS filers who are still waiting for biometrics appointment (and jobless & frugal for at least half a year now). We are all in the same boat!

Seems like it's the May 2020 AOS filers who are currently being processed. I had a peek at the May filers forum, some of them have received their biometrics appointment letter recently.

I guess whatever info provided in the USCIS website processing time tool is truthful, as it says the current receipt date being processed for I-765 (in NBC) is May 16 and it coincides with the experiences being shared by May filers.

The good news is: June 2020 filers: We are up next! And we will get there!

Just hoping to encourage anyone reading this who are in the same situation. I'm also tired of waiting but just realized I have to adjust my expectations realistically to stop being anxious. Good luck to everyone!

3 hours ago, Juanitaa said:

Hey guys,

Count me in the group of June 2020 AOS filers who are still waiting for biometrics appointment (and jobless & frugal for at least half a year now). We are all in the same boat!

Seems like it's the May 2020 AOS filers who are currently being processed. I had a peek at the May filers forum, some of them have received their biometrics appointment letter recently.

I guess whatever info provided in the USCIS website processing time tool is truthful, as it says the current receipt date being processed for I-765 (in NBC) is May 16 and it coincides with the experiences being shared by May filers.

The good news is: June 2020 filers: We are up next! And we will get there!

Just hoping to encourage anyone reading this who are in the same situation. I'm also tired of waiting but just realized I have to adjust my expectations realistically to stop being anxious. Good luck to everyone!

Let’s hope so! We’re just hoping to go see family as soon as we get my husband’s AP. 
Anyone knows if AP can only be used once and only in emergency, or for what reasons? We’d like to see my family in Europe and his in Mexico in May 2021, but I don’t think he’d have his green card by then yet. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, akma said:

Let’s hope so! We’re just hoping to go see family as soon as we get my husband’s AP. 
Anyone knows if AP can only be used once and only in emergency, or for what reasons? We’d like to see my family in Europe and his in Mexico in May 2021, but I don’t think he’d have his green card by then yet. 

My daughter already has EAD and just received her paper AP. It states "This authorization is valid for multiple applications for parole into the United States during the validity period". The AP is valid for 1-year. Based on this; it should be useable multiple times. Based on other posts, it seems that it does not have to be used for emergency purposes only. However, it will be good to research further.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.