1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

So sorry to hear this. i note 3 things- Did you send a copy of K1 NOA with priorty date?  Did you state priority date on form? and did you complete Part 2 on form I864 and I944? look back on all those documents. i pray you resolve this soon.

From what I understand....Form I-129F NOAs do not have a priority date....My wifes was left blank.

And even if this was the issue...why then did they only indicate that they could not find a priority date for the child and not the mother?

I am completely at a loss of what to do....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, AC&MH said:

From what I understand....Form I-129F NOAs do not have a priority date....My wifes was left blank.

And even if this was the issue...why then did they only indicate that they could not find a priority date for the child and not the mother?

Believe me, i understand your frustration but please dont allow this to stress you. This is just a delay nothing else. refer to the i-485 form Part 2 - Information about your immigrant category: Question 12 & 13, make sure those are completed correctly, refer to your K1 NOA 2 for the correct information. Did you send a copy of the NOA 2 with your documents?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
25 minutes ago, AC&MH said:

you are correct, there is no priority date but i think they use the notice date as the priority date. can someone correct me if i am wrong please?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

you are correct, there is no priority date but i think they use the notice date as the priority date. can someone correct me if i am wrong please?

I attached copies of the NOA1 and NOA2 to each form application I put in our packet...all together there were 8 copies of them included...a blind man could have found one copy of them...

As for the two questions you referenced...Part 2 #12 &13...

These questions specifically ask...

If you are the principal applicant provide the following...

Receipt number for the underlying petition 

And

Priority date...

Since this I485 was for her daughter we left it blank...she is a derivative applicant and this question specifically refers to the principal...

Questions 14-18 apply to the derivative applicant and ive reviewed it all and its all correct...

Another thing...when I spoke to the lady on the phone...she literally had no idea what the process for k1 and k2 visas are.

She told me I needed to do as the rejection notice said and file I 130...

Unbelievable....

Edited by AC&MH

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, AC&MH said:

Since this I485 was for her daughter we left it blank...she is a derivative applicant and this question specifically refers to the principal...

Could leaving it blank be the problem? The instructions say to write "N/A" instead of leaving anything blank (and to write "ZERO" instead of "0").

It seems infeasible to figure out if that's the reason or not. I've not see anyone saying they've ever gotten a response from the LockBox support email (which I blame on the lockbox being contracted out to the private sector... we'd get a response (eventually) if the lockbox were government run).

Timeline
1 minute ago, pigrew said:

Could leaving it blank be the problem? The instructions say to write "N/A" instead of leaving anything blank (and to write "ZERO" instead of "0").

It seems infeasible to figure out if that's the reason or not. I've not see anyone saying they've ever gotten a response from the LockBox support email (which I blame on the lockbox being contracted out to the private sector... we'd get a response (eventually) if the lockbox were government run).

I misspoke earlier...I did not leave it blank.

In both instances I followed the instructions exactly and wrote N/A because priority dates do not apply to K1 or K2 applicants.  That information is left BLANK by USCIS on the NOA2 we received for my then Fiancee now WIfe.

I have been looking through every instruction and guide I can find.  There is literally no requirement anywhere for this.  How can it be possible for someone to totally reject 2 Adjustments of Status for this?  The copies of the NOAs I sent CLEARLY SAY PETITITON FOR FIANCEE FORM I129F, thus making priority dates not required.   

Then, even if it is just a completely absurd mistake by an incompetent agent; How do I fix it?  I cant follow the instructions on the rejection 797 because they do not apply to us.

I really need some expert level help here....I cant see a way out of this...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brklyn Belle said:

30 calendar days or 30 business days?

To be more precise they received the package on June 4th, on June 30th we got to the text messages with case numbers , and July 6th we received the notices in the mail :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 7/6/2020 at 9:47 AM, AC&MH said:

Unfortunately today we received our ENTIRE PACKET back in the mail.  We really need some help understanding what they are asking for.  For some background, Our AOS packet was for my wife and  11 year old daughter.    We did everything right.  We were married well within the 90 days.  I filed complete AOS packets for them both...485/944/864/765/131 for each of them.  The 797 attached to my wife's 485 stated "one or more of the applications in the package you submitted was unacceptable for the reason specified on the related notice".

I have attached that Notice below.  This is the 797 was attached to the child's I485.

Please, someone explain to me how a priority date applies to a K2 minor child?

How do we proceed?

I called USCIS already this morning after receiving the packet back and the woman I spoke with was not able to help and said I should call back another time and try to get connected to a higher level agent.  She claimed she was unable to connect me today due to high call volume.

I am at my wits end....any advice would be greatly appreciated.

797reject.jpg

I was in the same exact issue.
1st time sending in:
- I-485 for me (K1)
- I-944 for me (K1)

- I-864 for me (K1)
- A check of $1225

and

- I-485 for my daughter (K2)

- I-944 for my daughter (K2)

- A check of $750

==> My application got accepted but my daughter's application got rejected because of missing I-864.

The tip here is: make 2 checks for 2 applications (K1 and K2) so they can accept K1 if K2 got any issue without return the whole bulk back.

After reading through this forum and internet, I made the 2nd attempt:
- I-485: K2 as Derivative Applicant and K1 as Principal Applicant

- I-944: K2 as Principal Applicant and K1 as Household Member

- A check of $750

and A COPY OF MY I-864 (K1 as Principal Applicant and K2 as Family Member)

==> GOT REJECTED AGAIN AS EXACT THE SAME REASON: MISSING I-864.

I decided to submit the 3rd time before hiring a lawyer:

- I-485: K2 as Derivative Applicant and K1 as Principal Applicant

- I-864: K2 as Principal Applicant and K1 as Family Member

- I-944: K2 as Principal Applicant and K1 as Household Member

- A check of $750.

==> I GOT ACCEPTED and got the receipt numbers for my daughter application.

I've been seeing at least 2 cases with the same issue, you can find more here: 

Hope that help.

Edited by Bluee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aeiou1357 said:

Sorry for this stupid question June filers: How did you label the AOS packet outside? Need examples. Thanks! 

The https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips page says how to label it. In particular:

Mark the envelope and the cover letter with the nature of the submission. For example, Original Submission, Brief for an Appeal, or Response to Request for Additional Information.

• Mark the envelope and the cover letter with the form number. For example, I-129, I-130, I-690 or I-698.

We wrote something like:

"FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME, Original Submission, G-1145 G-1450 I-485 I-944 I-864EZ I-765 I-301 i-131". (We submitted a I-130 separately)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/1/2020 at 5:00 PM, n8blogg said:

In the same boat as many people on here. Waiting for the NOA and check to be cashed.

Sent packet to Chicago lockbox via usps- 6/4 and it was received- 6/8. 

My wife already has her GC, this was for the AOS for her son who was on a K-2 follow-to-join. Having to fill out the I-944 paperwork for a 12 yr old kid was brutal since literally nothing was applicable lol. I'm hoping they realize that since they already approved his mother that there's no hangups w his paperwork. My only worry is that we were late submitting it all as his 90 days was already up by the time we were able to get everything together and sent in. Fingers crossed! Good luck to all on here!

Following up on here just to maybe give some of the people hope who have been waiting like I was. My check was cashed yesterday 7/6 and just received the two text messages from USCIS w Receipt numbers. I know this doesn't mean everything is necessarily good to go, but it's always a good thing to end the waiting process of not knowing where any of your stuff is at. So basically it was 28-29 days from USCIS receipt until the check was cashed and the Receipt numbers sent via text. 

Edited by n8blogg
Wrong term for ID number from USCIS

On 7/6/2020 at 1:29 PM, itscarly said:

I sent my AoS package on June 19th, it arrived on June 22nd and today my checks were cashed, I'm waiting for my NOA now 🤗

July 6th my checks were cashed and today July 7th at 10pm I received 3 text messages for I-485, I-130 and I-765, I'm so glad it went through. Now, patience 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.