1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi there! No one has created a June topic yet so here it is. We’re planning on filing next week. Good luck to everyone :) 

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents 
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00) 

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145  
  • Form I-944 (Declaration of Self-Sufficiency with applicable supporting documents.) 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page  
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp  
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process)  
  • I-94  
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate  
  • translation of birth certificate (if needed) 
  • Certified copy of Marriage License  
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back  
  • Copy of DS-3025  

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other) 
  • 2018, 2017 (optional), and 2016 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts 
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process)  
  • Pay stubs (last 3 months)  

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page  
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp  
  • I-94  
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process)  

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page  
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp  
  • I-94  
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process

Be sure to double check for the current fees as fees do sometimes increase, so please check. Additionally check the forms as listed above i.e., current version and or edition date, there has been changes to various forms since February 24, 2020. Consider sending tax transcripts instead of the 1040, and W2's. Also consider preparing a cover letter for each form in addition to the main cover letter.

Make sure you send long form birth certificates and not the short form. IMPORTANT: Form I-944 has quite a bit of supporting documents that go with it depending on your situation, be sure to read the instructions for this form carefully. Many people have gotten a RFE for this form so be sure to pay CLOSE attention when filing it out. Hope this helps in your preparation of your AOS. When in doubt ask questions.

@Ela S.

Good job on the thread, I'm proud of you!

1 hour ago, AC&MH said:

We finally finished the I944 and mailed the AOS packet out June1st.  Now the wait begins...

Nice and congratulations.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

Is anyone having problems getting tax transcripts?? We can’t verify my husband’s phone number online on the IRS website... Like there is literally nothing else we can do because offices are closed. It’s also impossible to contact them by phone. Anyone else going through the same? 

A1415AA4-9FFF-498C-967F-15CDD884B2D9.png

Edited by Ela S.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone, i need my Juners help. Does form I-864 has a bar code at the bottom of the page? the link for the form on the USCIS website seem to be opening without a bar code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

Hi everyone, i need my Juners help. Does form I-864 has a bar code at the bottom of the page? the link for the form on the USCIS website seem to be opening without a bar code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there is no barcode at the bottom of the page.  why do you think there should be a barcode?

Timeline
On 6/2/2020 at 8:28 PM, Ela S. said:

Is anyone having problems getting tax transcripts?? We can’t verify my husband’s phone number online on the IRS website... Like there is literally nothing else we can do because offices are closed. It’s also impossible to contact them by phone. Anyone else going through the same? 

A1415AA4-9FFF-498C-967F-15CDD884B2D9.png

I did not have any issues getting my tax transcript.  It looks like a mobile phone with your husbands name on the account is needed.  Is his name on the account? if not, is that something that can quickly be done with your phone company?  i copied the text below from IRS website.

Request Online

What You Need

To register and use this service, you need:

• your SSN, date of birth, filing status and mailing address from latest tax return,
  • access to your email account,
  • your personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan, and
  • a mobile phone with your name on the account.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Brklyn Belle said:

Hi there is no barcode at the bottom of the page.  why do you think there should be a barcode?

Hi, because the others do but not only that my printer was acting up and messed with my margins so thought is was the printer at 1st. Turns out it doesn't have one also the I765.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well on top of all the other road blocks...We found out today that FedEx has suspended delivery to the area of Chicago that includes the lock box address. Our package has been sitting in some location since Tuesday.  No one can tell us when it will be delivered or even if its been lost or what.

My advice is if you haven't shipped yet...dont...until these protests and looting are over...You may regret it...

At this point we are now considering just ending this fiasco and going back to Thailand...way less problems...USA is in decline in every way imaginable...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Brklyn Belle said:

oh, i see. i dont think any of the forms have barcodes at the bottom.

Hi..  I filled up the forms of I-129F (without barcode) and mailed yesterday and I went to see if there's an updates on the USCIS website then just noticed there's barcode on the bottom right before my fiance mail the petition 😂 and I see some got the barcodes too on their form of I-485, I-765 and I-131. I keep looking for the answer about it just to make it relax and asked some of other filers too, and I've found this 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-updates/uscis-2d-barcode-requirements

Timeline
On 6/6/2020 at 3:39 AM, Aulia073 said:

Hi..  I filled up the forms of I-129F (without barcode) and mailed yesterday and I went to see if there's an updates on the USCIS website then just noticed there's barcode on the bottom right before my fiance mail the petition 😂 and I see some got the barcodes too on their form of I-485, I-765 and I-131. I keep looking for the answer about it just to make it relax and asked some of other filers too, and I've found this 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-updates/uscis-2d-barcode-requirements

yes! you are right.

Timeline

I’m stressing out... we can’t get the Tax transcripts online from the IRS website and because of covid-19 there is literally no other way to get them. Offices are closed and mail services are suspended. We do have all the Tax returns & W2’s from the past 3 years though. Will they give us problems? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.