Pharoe40

I-944 Foriegn Education Evaluation

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I would like to ask if anyone has had success in obtaining Education Evaluations with only the high school and/or university diplomas and no transcripts. I understand that many countries around the world do not provide transcripts and Ethiopia (which is where my wife is from) seems to be one of them. We've paid and submitted her certificates to IEE but its been three weeks has passed and the only response we receive are "Still Processing." Has anyone else had success with other institutions that provide fast turn around for evaluations?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Heya. I did my evaluation at FIS (Foundation for International Services). They did not require any original certificates or transcripts, and I only had to submit them online in document attachment form.

My turnaround was 1 week, paid slightly more for expedited service. FIS also has a same day or next day service. Their response is timely and I got a positive evaluation with them.

However, in your case, without transcripts will be difficult as they need to ascertain the results etc. Have you contacted your schools/universities to get your transcripts?

Timeline
1 hour ago, ShayrineC said:

Heya. I did my evaluation at FIS (Foundation for International Services). They did not require any original certificates or transcripts, and I only had to submit them online in document attachment form.

My turnaround was 1 week, paid slightly more for expedited service. FIS also has a same day or next day service. Their response is timely and I got a positive evaluation with them.

However, in your case, without transcripts will be difficult as they need to ascertain the results etc. Have you contacted your schools/universities to get your transcripts?

We've tried but it is a pain to get a hold of anyone.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
5 hours ago, Pharoe40 said:

We've tried but it is a pain to get a hold of anyone.

most evaluation agencies will require a transcript to be able to evaluate your degree's authenticity. Not sure whether you tried via email or phone, but email might get a better response.

Yes, i feel you. It is definitely a pain, but unfortunately there aren't many alternatives 😅

On 5/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, Pharoe40 said:

I would like to ask if anyone has had success in obtaining Education Evaluations with only the high school and/or university diplomas and no transcripts. I understand that many countries around the world do not provide transcripts and Ethiopia (which is where my wife is from) seems to be one of them. We've paid and submitted her certificates to IEE but its been three weeks has passed and the only response we receive are "Still Processing." Has anyone else had success with other institutions that provide fast turn around for evaluations?

Hi Pharoe40,

We sent the diploma to ECE Educational Credential Evaluators, I believe they are in WI. It took a week in total and around 90$ for the evaluation itself.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 6/3/2020 at 1:12 PM, m911 said:

Hi Pharoe40,

We sent the diploma to ECE Educational Credential Evaluators, I believe they are in WI. It took a week in total and around 90$ for the evaluation itself.

Thank you! We went with IEE and received the evaluation back in about two weeks. 

On 6/3/2020 at 11:12 AM, m911 said:

Hi Pharoe40,

4 hours ago, Pharoe40 said:

Thank you! We went with IEE and received the evaluation back in about two weeks. 

Looking at both of those company sites, they list transcripts as a requirement. Did you call/email them beforehand to verify that they would do the evaluation without the transcripts?

Also, was the evaluation that either of you received any different because of the lack of transcripts? I read something in another thread about a "provisional" evaluation. Similarly, ECE mentions a "Scholar Profile" based on unauthenticated documentation.

I am interested in a general report for several degrees from Ecuador, but it is likely that the transcripts will not be available for the time being due to COVID closures. We will have the diplomas.

9 hours ago, JKLSemicolon said:

Looking at both of those company sites, they list transcripts as a requirement. Did you call/email them beforehand to verify that they would do the evaluation without the transcripts?

Also, was the evaluation that either of you received any different because of the lack of transcripts? I read something in another thread about a "provisional" evaluation. Similarly, ECE mentions a "Scholar Profile" based on unauthenticated documentation.

I am interested in a general report for several degrees from Ecuador, but it is likely that the transcripts will not be available for the time being due to COVID closures. We will have the diplomas.

I used IEEE and they accepted scanned copies of my transcript and diploma (I had my brother emailed it to me). It took almost three weeks for me to receive my provisional evaluation (and I sent it in). I will have my original documents mailed to me soon and as per IEEE, they can provide me the "regular" evaluation for free if I send them my original documents within 6 months of request.

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

I filled my green card application on June 2 without evaluation. Just last week got RFE and they needed another thing. I need to do evaluation but good evaluation takes time and documents. Transcripts and apostle. You can send official letter to the Educational Government of Ephiopia that they will provide for you academic document with grades. I would recommend to come to some of the accepted By USCIS agencies https://www.naces.org/members. What i heard that WES agency report doesn’t have expiration day. https://www.wes.org/. Also you can call and ask other agencies.

Just now, Nastya_7smile said:

I filled my green card application on June 2 without evaluation. Just last week got RFE and they needed another thing. I need to do evaluation but good evaluation takes time and documents. Transcripts and apostle. You can send official letter to the Educational Government of Ephiopia that they will provide for you academic document with grades. I would recommend to come to some of the accepted By USCIS agencies https://www.naces.org/members. What i heard that WES agency report doesn’t have expiration day. https://www.wes.org/. I am going to do evaluation with them. Also you can call and ask other agencies.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Quick question as I’m going crazy.

I have a degree from a US university. I also did my senior year of high school in the US. However, between US high school and US university, I did a couple years at a foreign school. I did not graduate. I do have some unofficial grades (impossible for me to obtain the actual grades/transcripts since they ask me to go in person), would it be okay with just submitting a copy and officially have someone translate it? It’s for form I-944. Thanks! 

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Vail Morris said:

I am also interested in solving the problem. Thank you for your inquiry.

What are you trying to solve?  The i944 is dead

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.