JER2020

N-400 July 2020 Filers (merged)

1,097 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Scandi said:

The name change is not done at the interview, only a form is filled out at the interview (by the IO) and then you get to sign it on a tablet. The name change itself is only done once a judge approves it and signs it. USCIS cannot change anybody name. Hhahahhaha, I understand that it becomes official after the judge signs. I was just stating that the new name is noted by IO at the interview after which you sign on tablet. That is what I was talking about. I know judge has to sign for it to be official

And no, not every field office offers name changes now during the pandemic. Many field offices do as they can still get a judge involved to get it done despite the courts being closed, but some can't. I don't know about this particular field office though. Okay. I did not know this. I thought it was standard at all offices during the interview. I stand corrected. Thanks.

There is a spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UYpuRqSQkRAdX7Kr_nehvjsjCiNTyADPJ3CAc9qJHf4/edit?usp=sharing

Fill time-line, people

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

5 hours ago, Scandi said:

The name change is not done at the interview, only a form is filled out at the interview (by the IO) and then you get to sign it on a tablet. The name change itself is only done once a judge approves it and signs it. USCIS cannot change anybody name.

And no, not every field office offers name changes now during the pandemic. Many field offices do as they can still get a judge involved to get it done despite the courts being closed, but some can't. I don't know about this particular field office though. 

Thanks for the confirmation! I knew that not every USCIS office field supports a request to change a name, but I wasn't sure. I hope to find someone who had the experience at the San Jose field office to tell me if they support a name change request.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Chin10 said:

You’re not the only one. Lol. 

Nope. I’ve been in an endless estimated time to completion “3 months” for the last 6 months…

First Entered US with TN Status: 04/13/2012
Engaged: 08/24/2012
Married: 08/10/2013

Adjustment of Status from TN Status to Permanent Resident:
Day 00: AOS mailed by USPS priority Post: 05/19/2014
Day 02: AOS package arrived: 05/21/2014
Day 08: Text/email notice of acceptance: 05/27/2014
Day 11: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 received, 05/30/2014
Day 14: Biometrics notice received with an appointment of June 17, 2914 at 3pm. 06/02/2014
Day 15: attempted walk-in successful after a very long wait 06/03/2014
Day 38: email notice that I-485 has moved to testing & interview! 06/26/2014
Day 77: EAD/AP - card production 08/06/2014
Day 84: EAD/AP card received 08/13/2014
Day 129: Infopass appointment for an update (very helpful!) 09/24/2014
Day 136: Email received with interview date 10/01/2014
Day 138: Interview notice received! 10/03/2014
Day 170: Green Card Approved on the Spot! 11/04/2014
Day 178: Green Card Received 11/12/2014

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Day 00: ROC Package (Weighing 1.7kg -- 3lbs 13oz) mailed by USPS Priority Post: 09/13/2016

Day 03: ROC Package Received: 09/16/2016

Day 07: Check Cashed: 09/20/2016

Day Too many to count: Received Approval 02/05/2018

NATURALIZATION

Day 00: Submitted file online for N400 -- 07/31/2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I received my passport yesterday. Thanks to everyone. I got lots of guidance to expedite the passport from Timona. 

For your info you can expedite your oath as well as passport. That's reason I got my process done within 15 days of interview. Thanks to everyone and best wishes to my friends whose interview is still pending. 

Timeline

Need I say more? 

Finished at 1pm CST, Houston office, Saturday August 14th, 2021. It had been a long journey

There is a spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UYpuRqSQkRAdX7Kr_nehvjsjCiNTyADPJ3CAc9qJHf4/edit?usp=sharing

Fill time-line, people

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:07 PM, dhaval25 said:

I received my passport yesterday. Thanks to everyone. I got lots of guidance to expedite the passport from Timona. 

For your info you can expedite your oath as well as passport. That's reason I got my process done within 15 days of interview. Thanks to everyone and best wishes to my friends whose interview is still pending. 

Congrats!

how long It took you to get a passport from the ceremony day? Please share tips on ow you get it expedited? Thanks. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, madisonsquare said:

Congrats!

how long It took you to get a passport from the ceremony day? Please share tips on ow you get it expedited? Thanks. 

My ceremony was on August 7th and I applied for passport on 9th and got it in hand on 10th. 

Well best way to get passport quick is to get refundable ticket , for example I had my passport appointment of August 9th and I booked tickets for August 11th. After receiving passport I canceled the tickets. Actually my trip will be soon. 

To get the oath expedite, I called uscis and selected the option that if I don't get oath on time I can't go to my business trip and because of that my company will have financial loss. Next day I sent the paper from my employer saying same thing on the letter and next morning the oath ceremony was scheduled. I received letter in 3 days. I sent documents by priority mail. 

In my case I had to expedite it because of my business trip. 

2 hours ago, dhaval25 said:

My ceremony was on August 7th and I applied for passport on 9th and got it in hand on 10th. 

Well best way to get passport quick is to get refundable ticket , for example I had my passport appointment of August 9th and I booked tickets for August 11th. After receiving passport I canceled the tickets. Actually my trip will be soon. 

To get the oath expedite, I called uscis and selected the option that if I don't get oath on time I can't go to my business trip and because of that my company will have financial loss. Next day I sent the paper from my employer saying same thing on the letter and next morning the oath ceremony was scheduled. I received letter in 3 days. I sent documents by priority mail. 

In my case I had to expedite it because of my business trip. 

Thank you. Did you have to pay the expedited fee for your passport ?

Timeline
Just now, madisonsquare said:

Thank you. Did you have to pay the expedited fee for your passport ?

60 dollars only . Total I paid 215 dollars which include jumbo passport book ( which is same price as regular size) + passport card + expedite fees. It's worth to get expedite not only to travel but we are immigrants and our family lives abroad..in case of emergency if you don't have passport you can't leave the country. 

17 minutes ago, dhaval25 said:

60 dollars only . Total I paid 215 dollars which include jumbo passport book ( which is same price as regular size) + passport card + expedite fees. It's worth to get expedite not only to travel but we are immigrants and our family lives abroad..in case of emergency if you don't have passport you can't leave the country. 

Indeed, it’s worth it. I need to travel ASAP too. I’ll do the same when  I apply for a passport. Regular processing are up to 18 weeks.

Timeline
1 minute ago, madisonsquare said:

Indeed, it’s worth it. I need to travel ASAP too. I’ll do the same when  I apply for a passport. Regular processing are up to 18 weeks.

Try to call 14 days ahead of your oath ceremony and take appointment over the phone. Keep in mind when you call them, you will have to tell them that you are traveling within 14 days and your appointment must be with them such that your flight has been scheduled within 72 hours. 

I filed my N400 in July 2020, when I inquired about my case from USCIS, this is the reply I got.

"Regarding the status of your N-400, Application for Naturalization:

Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for interviews at their local Field Office. Interview appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the Field Office. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an Interview Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local Field Office. You must take the Interview Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment. Please review the Interview Appointment Notice for any other requirements."

Have anyone received this type of message?

Timeline
On 8/16/2021 at 12:14 PM, stformummy said:

I filed my N400 in July 2020, when I inquired about my case from USCIS, this is the reply I got.

"Regarding the status of your N-400, Application for Naturalization:

Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for interviews at their local Field Office. Interview appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the Field Office. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an Interview Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local Field Office. You must take the Interview Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment. Please review the Interview Appointment Notice for any other requirements."

Have anyone received this type of message?

This is the automated reply. Add some random document in your account. It works magic, sometimes.

There is a spreadsheet

Fill time-line, people

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.