JER2020

N-400 July 2020 Filers (merged)

1,097 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello VJers...

I am so frustrated today. As you know, I filed online and am waiting on SFR office. Timeline is below for further info.

This is a rant. So allow me to indulge and if not allowed, please feel free to remove.

I have heard crickets from USCIS since my biometric appt in early May '21.

I received a notification on my email that an action had been taken on my case on 6/25/21, but when I clicked on it nothing happened and nothing showed on my online tool. I just let it be, and believe I even posted a hopeful message here about it, not thinking anything much of it but USCIS being glitchy USCIS as per usual.

Later, as months passed and I still had heard nothing, I called in August to place an inquiry about my case. Well, today I received an email reply, which I transcribe here:

Dear UNAMEXICANA,

Thank you for your inquiry dated August 12, 2021.

Requesting information about your N-400, Application for Naturalization:

Our systems show that your Interview was canceled on June 25, 2021. We will notify you of any further action taken on your case. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

If you are rescheduled for an Interview, you can view and print a copy of your appointment notice by going to your USCIS online account. After you log in to your account, access the Home Tab to find the "Documents" field to view or print your official appointment notice from USCIS.

Please note that extended trips outside the United States may prevent you from naturalizing. For more information on the continuous residence required for naturalization, click here.

Our system shows that your N-400 application, which was filed approximately June 30, 2020, is pending and is within our current processing time. To determine current processing time within USCIS:

• Visit https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
  • Select N-400, Application for Naturalization, from the Form dropdown
  • Select the Field Office processing the application from the Field Office dropdown
  • Click “Get Processing Time” link

If your receipt date is before the Case Inquiry Date, you can submit an “outside normal processing time” service request online.

In preparation for the Civics test portion of your interview, please visit: www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learn-about-citizenship/the-naturalization-interview-and-test. You may also download the USCIS: Civics Test Study Tools app. The mobile app is available in the Apple app store and the Google Play app store.

Please note that extended absences outside of the United States may affect your ability to naturalize. USCIS policy requires that an applicant for naturalization must have resided continuously in the United States up to the time of naturalization. For more information on the Continuous Residence requirement, click here.

For general information about what to expect during the naturalization process, please visit our website at: my.uscis.gov/citizenship/what_to expect.

If you need more assistance with your USCIS online filing system account, please submit another inquiry to the USCIS Contact Center at https://my.uscis.gov/account/v1/needhelp or log into your online account for specific case inquiries and contact us at https://my.uscis.gov/account/v1/inbox.

If you move remember to update your address in the USCIS online filing system or contact the USCIS Contact Center at https://my.uscis.gov/account/v1/needhelp or log into your online account for specific case inquiries and contact us at https://my.uscis.gov/account/v1/inbox. You must also update your address using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange.

If you have any other questions, please visit the USCIS Contact Center.

If you haven’t done so already, visit myaccount.uscis.gov to sign up for a USCIS online account where you can explore filing online, send us secure messages through your account inbox and get instant updates on the status of your case.

If you move, you must update your address with USCIS within 10 days using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange, and in your USCIS Online Account.

This mailbox is not monitored for incoming messages. Please do not reply to this message.

I don't know why I expected any different from them but a canned reply... It is infuriating to read that an interview was cancelled and IF you're rescheduled, you'll know.

Well, clearly there is nothing in my online tool about the interview scheduling and cancellation, nor there was ever anything in my mailbox. So, how am I to trust that I'll get an interview notice? I am getting flashbacks from the i-130 process and CR1 all over again. At least this time my husband did not pay thousands of dollars to an attorney for a paralegal to mess up every darn step of the way. This time around it is all DIY, per my decision.

So, I called them and after 59 minutes of hold, a tier 1 representative listened to my concerns, proceeded to type on her end/look for notes/do whatever and after being quiet for a while said "well, you're back to waiting..." then provided me with the same Item Number (inquiry tracking #) as the one I filed in August.

I asked if she was going to move forward with my request to have tier 2 figure out what is going on... to which she replied the same number had to be reopened because thirty days have not passed from the email I received.

I am not sure if she/they will actually do anything... but her dismissive attitude got to me this time. I am usually very calm and patient when it comes to dealing with USCIS (a dog learns from the beatings)... but this time I just wanted to say something back. I can't believe we have no way of knowing, that nobody can tell us why the interview is cancelled--that we just have to, as she said "go back to waiting."

I apologize for the rant, I am just sharing in case that this is helpful to anyone out there, especially those waiting at SFR.

I am back to waiting... and honestly do not care anymore about this. I am just going through the motions at this point.

Still, wishing you all the very best and hoping everyone waiting hears good news soon.

Hugs,

UnaMexicana

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, UnaMexicana said:

Hello VJers...

I am so frustrated today. As you know, I filed online and am waiting on SFR office. Timeline is below for further info.

This is a rant. So allow me to indulge and if not allowed, please feel free to remove.

I have heard crickets from USCIS since my biometric appt in early May '21.

I received a notification on my email that an action had been taken on my case on 6/25/21, but when I clicked on it nothing happened and nothing showed on my online tool. I just let it be, and believe I even posted a hopeful message here about it, not thinking anything much of it but USCIS being glitchy USCIS as per usual.

Later, as months passed and I still had heard nothing, I called in August to place an inquiry about my case. Well, today I received an email reply, which I transcribe here:

I don't know why I expected any different from them but a canned reply... It is infuriating to read that an interview was cancelled and IF you're rescheduled, you'll know.

Well, clearly there is nothing in my online tool about the interview scheduling and cancellation, nor there was ever anything in my mailbox. So, how am I to trust that I'll get an interview notice? I am getting flashbacks from the i-130 process and CR1 all over again. At least this time my husband did not pay thousands of dollars to an attorney for a paralegal to mess up every darn step of the way. This time around it is all DIY, per my decision.

So, I called them and after 59 minutes of hold, a tier 1 representative listened to my concerns, proceeded to type on her end/look for notes/do whatever and after being quiet for a while said "well, you're back to waiting..." then provided me with the same Item Number (inquiry tracking #) as the one I filed in August.

I asked if she was going to move forward with my request to have tier 2 figure out what is going on... to which she replied the same number had to be reopened because thirty days have not passed from the email I received.

I am not sure if she/they will actually do anything... but her dismissive attitude got to me this time. I am usually very calm and patient when it comes to dealing with USCIS (a dog learns from the beatings)... but this time I just wanted to say something back. I can't believe we have no way of knowing, that nobody can tell us why the interview is cancelled--that we just have to, as she said "go back to waiting."

I apologize for the rant, I am just sharing in case that this is helpful to anyone out there, especially those waiting at SFR.

I am back to waiting... and honestly do not care anymore about this. I am just going through the motions at this point.

Still, wishing you all the very best and hoping everyone waiting hears good news soon.

Hugs,

UnaMexicana

Holy . That is insane. Now i am freaking out as I have not heard anything from them since Feb. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gorkhali said:

Holy . That is insane. Now i am freaking out as I have not heard anything from them since Feb. 

The least i want is to make you freak out. Just stay on top of them and make sure you check frequently in your online tool if you filed online.

They actually just called me and said they do not see any cancellation, and that there was never an interview. The officer that called me back did say that in the system they see that on June 25, 2021 I was placed in queue for an interview date.

Confusing, I know. At least we know that there was no interview for which no notice was generated. What a way to throw us off, huh?

Cheers,

UnaMexicana

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

N-400

Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

event.png

event.png

Timeline
46 minutes ago, UnaMexicana said:

The least i want is to make you freak out. Just stay on top of them and make sure you check frequently in your online tool if you filed online.

They actually just called me and said they do not see any cancellation, and that there was never an interview. The officer that called me back did say that in the system they see that on June 25, 2021 I was placed in queue for an interview date.

Confusing, I know. At least we know that there was no interview for which no notice was generated. What a way to throw us off, huh?

Cheers,

UnaMexicana

Wow.. Glad they called you and clarified. 
BTW HOW did you get to speak to an officer? I have tried and the automated system hangs up on me. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gorkhali said:

Wow.. Glad they called you and clarified. 
BTW HOW did you get to speak to an officer? I have tried and the automated system hangs up on me. 

I know... It's so frustrating to be dealing with a robo call system. Try saying "reschedule" when the automated menu asks the reason that you're calling for. Once with Tier 1, ask them to please submit a request to be contacted by Tier 2 officer.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

N-400

event.png

event.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 9/27/2021 at 7:10 PM, Gorkhali said:

how do you get through the automated system?
tried everything and it keeps on hanging up on me. 

Not sure if our previous trick still works

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
On 9/27/2021 at 9:10 AM, Gorkhali said:

how do you get through the automated system?
tried everything and it keeps on hanging up on me. 

I shared not long ago: simply dial and say "reschedule," as if you're trying to reschedule an interview or appointment.

They will connect you to a human.

Their excessive automation sucks... but hey, it is what it is. Let us know if it worked so others can take advantage.

All best,

UnaMexicana

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

N-400

event.png

event.png

Timeline
20 minutes ago, UnaMexicana said:

I shared not long ago: simply dial and say "reschedule," as if you're trying to reschedule an interview or appointment.

They will connect you to a human.

Their excessive automation sucks... but hey, it is what it is. Let us know if it worked so others can take advantage.

All best,

UnaMexicana

yup - reschedule worked. Have to say that couple of time but i got through to speak to an agent. 
It was 90min hold - 

Didn't think that this day will ever come, but here it is, I finally came home and can call myself a US citizen. 

After several moral mistakes in my crazy young immigrant years here, a FBI visit to our residence thinking that I'm some sort of spy, 5 hours stokes interview and subsequent denial which was overruled by a judge, our family prevailed and we got my n400 approved.

There were paranoid federal park ranger who sent a suspicious report after I climbed a very remote mountain in AZ which happen to be located near uranium mines (who knew!), a couple of mormons in rural Utah who didn't think that a guy with an accent and cameras should hike around "their" canyons, a super smart attorney who graduated with honors from Harvard law school and helped us to unravel all this unfortunate mess, and some other odd characters that I could probably write a book or at least a post on Medium about.  

First thing I've done is registered to vote and would like to remind everyone that our vote counts and its matter so lets go ahead and vote the assoles out!

Peace and love for y'all, wish everyone who legally qualifies for a US citizenship will get it

Edited by HariSeldon

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I may be the last July 2020 filer to get an interview (good ol’ slow Seattle)  but I finally have an interview date! 

First Entered US with TN Status: 04/13/2012
Engaged: 08/24/2012
Married: 08/10/2013

Adjustment of Status from TN Status to Permanent Resident:
Day 00: AOS mailed by USPS priority Post: 05/19/2014
Day 02: AOS package arrived: 05/21/2014
Day 08: Text/email notice of acceptance: 05/27/2014
Day 11: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 received, 05/30/2014
Day 14: Biometrics notice received with an appointment of June 17, 2914 at 3pm. 06/02/2014
Day 15: attempted walk-in successful after a very long wait 06/03/2014
Day 38: email notice that I-485 has moved to testing & interview! 06/26/2014
Day 77: EAD/AP - card production 08/06/2014
Day 84: EAD/AP card received 08/13/2014
Day 129: Infopass appointment for an update (very helpful!) 09/24/2014
Day 136: Email received with interview date 10/01/2014
Day 138: Interview notice received! 10/03/2014
Day 170: Green Card Approved on the Spot! 11/04/2014
Day 178: Green Card Received 11/12/2014

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Day 00: ROC Package (Weighing 1.7kg -- 3lbs 13oz) mailed by USPS Priority Post: 09/13/2016

Day 03: ROC Package Received: 09/16/2016

Day 07: Check Cashed: 09/20/2016

Day Too many to count: Received Approval 02/05/2018

NATURALIZATION

Day 00: Submitted file online for N400 -- 07/31/2020

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Chin10 said:

Nope you’re not the last bec I’m still waitinf 😂anyways, Congrats! 

Nope. You are not the only one waiting. 
DEN no news of interview yet. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.