Greenbaum

JUNE 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

467 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, theonewiththepoof said:

My fiance mailed off the forms required from P3 (including the I-134 from me) and it has been delivered to the consulate in Auckland. Now we are back to the waiting game on when his appointment will be scheduled.  It's honestly so nerve-wracking.

I hope you get an interview sooner than later. BTW, the P3 that I have is dated 10 September 2018 is yours newer? If so, can I get a copy so I can help others? Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, Eric Q. said:

Just an update that the Ukraine Embassy is now scheduling interviews!!! We have our K1 interview scheduled for 3rd week in October!!!!!

Congrats. I am sure our embassy will be opening next. Did you schedule your interview yourself?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Pacia said:

Congrats. I am sure our embassy will be opening next. Did you schedule your interview yourself?

We did.  The embassy posted a bunch of openings on their calendar for the month of October.  Filled up quickly!

19 hours ago, Deb123 said:

YAY! Does anyone know about this part about the NVC and interview date? Didn't receive anything from the NVC😝🤩🤗 (It was worth the wait!)

You may get an e-mail that requests that you send documents or pay fees to NVC, and they will schedule your interview, which is a pad script sent out to "immigrant" visa applicants. Still, since the K-1is treated as an "immigrant" during this process, you'll sometimes get notifications like this. Just ignore them. You do everything with the Embassy once you are approved from USCIS with a NOA2. Nothing with NVC either. Ignore what NVC is requesting it for CR-1/IR-1 applicants. As a K-1 you will complete the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, and not the DS-260 Immigrant Visa Electronic Application. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 10/1/2020 at 3:17 PM, Eric Q. said:

We did.  The embassy posted a bunch of openings on their calendar for the month of October.  Filled up quickly!

Where is the calendar...how can I access it?

2 minutes ago, DrHeinzFresh said:

Each embassy has a different calendar for appointments. You will access Russia's calendar by visiting the embassy website for the US embassy Russia for further details.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, DrHeinzFresh said:

Russia hasn't even started interviewing for K1 cases yet. They only just now started contacting expedited IR1/CR1

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We finally got appointment!!! Every time we called they kept saying we're closed and to call in 2 weeks (we've been doing this since August)...It wasn't until i found @Eric Q. post to log in and find the appointment schedule myself....Thanks Eric!!!

For Kiev Embassy, is there a for sure answer on the original vs copies for financial documents? She called today and they gave her attitude saying every single document needs to be ONLY original with wet signature. I-134f, original filed tax documents, Original W-2 forms, Original HR letter of employment, Original Bank statements....they said they will not accept any copies. The only one i can see needing maybe an original would be the I-134f (which at this point is still a dilemma, because now I need to find a courier that will get her the document in less than 14 days (any suggestions with this?) 

I don't neccessarily feel comfortable sending sensitive documents via carrier which i'm sure most of us an issue with....other than buying a $2500 plane ticket and delivering it myself...any other options?

Thanks guys! 

27 minutes ago, CinnamonToast said:

We finally got appointment!!! Every time we called they kept saying we're closed and to call in 2 weeks (we've been doing this since August)...It wasn't until i found @Eric Q. post to log in and find the appointment schedule myself....Thanks Eric!!!

For Kiev Embassy, is there for sure answer on the original vs copies for financial documents? She called today and they gave her attitude saying every single document needs to be ONLY original with wet signature. I-134f, original filed tax documents, Original W-2 forms, Original HR letter of employment, Original Bank statements....they said they will not accept any copies. The only one i can see needing maybe an original would be the I-134f (which at this point is still a dilemma, because now I need to find a courier that will get her the document in less than 14 days (any suggestions with this?) 

I don't necessarily feel comfortable sending sensitive documents via carrier which I'm sure most of us an issue with....other than buying a $2500 plane ticket and delivering it myself...any other options?

Thanks guys! 

This is a case that it is up to the embassy and what they require. The official P3 letter makes no reference that the documents must be original. Here is the quote:

"14. Evidence of support – from your American fiancé(e) – Affidavit of Support I-134 with the most recent tax return and/or W-2."

It doesn't signal out that originals are required hence I see no problem with copies. For further discussions, I will refer you to the sub-forum for your region where others can help and you can be a part of the conversation.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-Belarus/

Also, see item 6 from this document: https://photos.state.gov/libraries/ukraine/895/pdf/K_Instructions_002.pdf

It's advisable to visit your embassy's website for further instructions as it is your best resources.

https://ua.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 10/5/2020 at 4:00 PM, theonewiththepoof said:

The consulate in Auckland got back to my fiance and they have scheduled his appointment for October 14th! Barely a week's notice! 

This post makes me chuckle. You want them to speed up the process and when they do you now you want them to slow down. :lol:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

This is a case that it is up to the embassy and what they require. The official P3 letter makes no reference that the documents must be original. Here is the quote:

"14. Evidence of support – from your American fiancé(e) – Affidavit of Support I-134 with the most recent tax return and/or W-2."

It doesn't signal out that originals are required hence I see no problem with copies. For further discussions, I will refer you to the sub-forum for your region where others can help and you can be a part of the conversation.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-Belarus/

Also, see item 6 from this document: https://photos.state.gov/libraries/ukraine/895/pdf/K_Instructions_002.pdf

It's advisable to visit your embassy's website for further instructions as it is your best resources.

https://ua.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

Thanks @Greenbaum. Yeah i can't see anything anywhere either, despite the 2 phone calls telling us about this new "Originals with wet signature" deal.

5 hours ago, CinnamonToast said:

Thanks @Greenbaum. Yeah i can't see anything anywhere either, despite the 2 phone calls telling us about this new "Originals with wet signature" deal.

Stay tuned to the P3 requirements to se if they have changed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Good news, the status has changed to 'ready' after 20 days! I have done the DS160, and the MRV Fee is paid and linked at CGI, I have the option to book an Interview (hallelujah!) but I should definitely wait for the P3 to arrive correct? Will share more information as I go along 😇 In fact I have the option to book the interview a month later on 25th November, I don't know whether I should just take that slot first? (I know I should be patient 🤣)

Edited by Deb123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.