Greenbaum

JUNE 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

467 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, RoseMalaysia said:

Hi everyone.

My fiancé I-129F petition was approved on June 5 (I hope I'm in the right thread)

NVC received it around Jun 30, then NVC forwarded it to the US embassy in Ankara, Turkey (that's where my fiancé is living) early October.

Am I missing something? shouldn't NVC send me a welcome letter with instruction to pay for the visa and request additional financial documents before sending it to the US embassy?

I've contacted the US embassy in Ankara and they confirmed receiving the application but told us that they are not processing any K visas. 

If they are not processing K-1 visas at your embassy than you wouldn't have a P3. NVC should have mailed your case number to the petitionary when your case file ships from NVC. If you never received a copy and believe that you are missing said document, then call NVC and see if they can send another copy. When you call, ask for your case number and invoice number. Instructions are in the PDF on the first page of this thread.

I have a copy of most embassy's P3. Here is Turkey.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uubRXt4ljLGwBbubB8D7WL9O5MuTgcnc/view?usp=sharing

http://www.visajourney.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=35451

https://tr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/91/2017/06/K1K2-Visa-Instructions-EN.pdf 

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy, once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community those who come behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 hours ago, ML4279 said:

Congrats, anything helpful to share with respect to the interview? Types of questions asked etc?

Some example questions would be:

-What is the name of your fiancé/e?

-Where did you meet?

-When did you meet?

-How did you meet?

-When are you planning to get married?

-What is your fiancé/es work?

-Have you gone out of the country?

-How long were you out of the country?

-How many times has your fiancé/e visited you?

-Where did you go when your fiancé/e visited you?

-Do you plan to have kids?

-Where do you plan to stay in the US?

-Name and DOB

-What year did you meet

-How did you meet

-What are your fiancé parents' names

-Your fiancé's employer and job

-Have either of you been married before

-Other countries you've been to

-Do you have kids together

These are some of the questions, but rest assure that all the questions will be about the petitioner, the beneficiary, and the relationship. Always tell the truth even if the truth is "I don't know". Don't rush in answering and give a straightforward answer. Look the CO in the eye when answering and smile. Don't give a novel as your answer. Just brief and concise. Don't volunteer any information unless asked, this could send you down the wrong road.

Don't forget to ask if you passed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 11/8/2020 at 6:03 AM, Eric Q. said:

was allowed entrance with her dog with no problems!

Hey man, can I ask what airline she took to transport her dog here? My fiancee lives in Russia and wants to transport her dog here as well. I'm aware different countries have different policies, but just want to get an idea of the process.

Thanks and congratulations! 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Giodude said:

Hey man, can I ask what airline she took to transport her dog here? My fiancee lives in Russia and wants to transport her dog here as well. I'm aware different countries have different policies, but just want to get an idea of the process.

She took Turkish.  If the dog is less than 8kg the dog can ride in the cabin.  It's an extra $190 and the dog will need an international Vet passport that can be obtained from the local vet.  The dog will also require proof of rabies that was not older than 12 months or earlier than 1 month from the time of the vaccination.

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Giodude said:

@Eric Q. gave you a very insightful reply with valuable information. Your next step, if I can recommend, would be to visit the airlines website of the airlines that you think you will fly out of your country from once you get your visa issued. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am preparing documents for interview and took looking at AOS so I can print stuff together. I cannot for the life of me find the updated I-485! Apparently the only I-485 on USCIS is expired? 

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 7.39.01 PM.png

2 hours ago, Deb123 said:

I am preparing documents for interview and took looking at AOS so I can print stuff together. I cannot for the life of me find the updated I-485! Apparently the only I-485 on USCIS is expired? 

A simple google search found the I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status on USCIS website. Why are you looking for the I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status as it is not used for the interview. You need only the I-134, Affidavit of Support and the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application for the interview. Use the instructions in the P3 letter from the embassy. If you don't have a copy let me know and I'll provide one for you.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

And they go on to say the following:

Edition Date

10/15/19. We will publish a new edition of this form soon. In the meantime, you may continue using the 10/15/19 edition despite the expiration date. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions. The edition date for the Special Instructions for Liberian Refugee Immigration Fairness Applicants is 04/08/20.

Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 hours ago, Deb123 said:

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 7.39.01 PM.png

USICS Says:

10/15/19..... We will publish a new edition of this form soon. In the meantime, you may continue using the 10/15/19 edition despite the expiration date. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions. The edition date for the Special Instructions for Liberian Refugee Immigration Fairness Applicants is 04/08/20.

Click on "Edition Date"

Just now, CinnamonToast said:

USICS Says:

10/15/19..... We will publish a new edition of this form soon. In the meantime, you may continue using the 10/15/19 edition despite the expiration date. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions. The edition date for the Special Instructions for Liberian Refugee Immigration Fairness Applicants is 04/08/20.

Click on "Edition Date"

@Greenbaum beat me too it :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

What a rollercoaster ride! I went for Interview 18th, was refused because I stupidly (and trust me I really beat myself up on this one) sent in an older version of the AOS that had a blank for one question, (one question!) but was told to just submit that via email. I was prepared to wait at least 2 weeks! Next day, it was in AP, and within the day, ISSUED! and two days later, ready for collection. How incredible! I have my passport in hand and the relief is worth it. 

Timeline
Just now, Deb123 said:

What a rollercoaster ride! I went for Interview 18th, was refused because I stupidly (and trust me I really beat myself up on this one) sent in an older version of the AOS that had a blank for one question, (one question!) but was told to just submit that via email. I was prepared to wait at least 2 weeks! Next day, it was in AP, and within the day, ISSUED! and two days later, ready for collection. How incredible! I have my passport in hand and the relief is worth it. 

congrats!!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 11/8/2020 at 10:18 PM, Greenbaum said:

If they are not processing K-1 visas at your embassy than you wouldn't have a P3. NVC should have mailed your case number to the petitionary when your case file ships from NVC. If you never received a copy and believe that you are missing said document, then call NVC and see if they can send another copy. When you call, ask for your case number and invoice number. Instructions are in the PDF on the first page of this thread.

I have a copy of most embassy's P3. Here is Turkey.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uubRXt4ljLGwBbubB8D7WL9O5MuTgcnc/view?usp=sharing

http://www.visajourney.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=35451 274.04 kB · 87 downloads

https://tr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/91/2017/06/K1K2-Visa-Instructions-EN.pdf 

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy, once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community those who come behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey. 

Thanks Greenbaum.

You are right, I haven't recived a P3 due to the US embassy in Ankara Turkey haven't resumed routine visa operations (which includes K1 visas).

My fiancee just have recived a letter (it took more than a month!) from NVC stating that they have forwarded her case to the US embassy in Turkey with a case number, but no invoice number anywhere!

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-21 at 8.01.52 PM.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Evening, does anyone know how to pay the visa fee online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ when the embassy is the one who scheduled your appointment? I am trying to pay it, aapointment is jan 25th, but when i go to pay on the site it says no available appointments and does not let me proceed. I have the appointment letter and everything says to go pay but I cant.

6 hours ago, K&D2020 said:

Good Evening, does anyone know how to pay the visa fee online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ when the embassy is the one who scheduled your appointment? I am trying to pay it, appointment is Jan. 25th, but when i go to pay on the site it says no available appointments and does not let me proceed. I have the appointment letter, and everything says to go pay but I can't.

If you refer to the P3 for your embassy it states, the following. Are you follow those instructions?

The fee for K1, K2, K3 and K4 visa applicants is $265.00 U.S. dollars, and may be paid in one of the following ways:

A. Submit payment at any BANCO NACIONAL DE MEXICO (BANAMEX) or SCOTIA BANK in Ciudad Juarez,
Chih., Mexico. The payment must be validated at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-MX/niv/information/fee

B. Pay through the online service at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-MX/niv/information/fee
The payment must be received and validated before you may be able to schedule your consular interview.

The visa fee will cover the costs of processing your application, regardless of whether the visa is approved or denied.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

If you refer to the P3 for your embassy it states, the following. Are you follow those instructions?

The fee for K1, K2, K3 and K4 visa applicants is $265.00 U.S. dollars, and may be paid in one of the following ways:

A. Submit payment at any BANCO NACIONAL DE MEXICO (BANAMEX) or SCOTIA BANK in Ciudad Juarez,
Chih., Mexico. The payment must be validated at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-MX/niv/information/fee

B. Pay through the online service at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-MX/niv/information/fee
The payment must be received and validated before you may be able to schedule your consular interview.

The visa fee will cover the costs of processing your application, regardless of whether the visa is approved or denied.

Yes correct, i am trying to proceed with option B. However I am unable to do so, i am wondering if anyone has experience with paying the fee when it was the embassy who scheduled your appointment.

6 hours ago, K&D2020 said:

Yes correct, i am trying to proceed with option B. However I am unable to do so, i am wondering if anyone has experience with paying the fee when it was the embassy who scheduled your appointment.

Try this as a possibility. Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service | Mexico | English (usvisa-info.com)

and more info here....

Visa Application Fee Payment Issues

If your request is regarding a visa application fee payment issue - please DO NOT PAY AGAIN.

Payment-related requests will be expedited as much as possible, but additional visa application fee payments will not be refunded. For all payment methods other than debit/credit card, the visa application fee payment is not immediately valid. For additional information on visa application fee payments please see Visa Fees.

For all visa application fee payment issues, please Contact Us by sending an email to the following email address:

mexico_contactus+mx+mrv+en@visaops.net

Note: Please provide a clear description of the issue and any evidence of payment to assure the efficient processing of your inquiry.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.