little immigrant

Birth certificate rejected

70 posts in this topic

Two nights ago NVC rejected the birth certificate. It's the only one I have. Country is Nicaragua so what I did was scan the Spanish birth certificate with an English translation and made sure it was just 2 MB for the upload. But it was rejected. What could have been the reason? That's the only birth certificate I have. My husband said it expired and we need to get a new one. Anybody have this problem and can share insight? Thank you. 

Edited by little immigrant

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have never heard of a birth certificate expiring? That doesn't make sense. Maybe when you reduced it in size to meet the 2 MB upload size it became unreadable or something. Make sure you keep the Highest resolution you can when reducing files.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
6 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

Two nights ago NVC rejected the birth certificate. It's the only one I have. Country is Nicaragua so what I did was scan the Spanish birth certificate with an English translation and made sure it was just 2 MB for the upload. But it was rejected. What could have been the reason? That's the only birth certificate I have. My husband said it expired and we need to get a new one. Anybody have this problem and can share insight? Thank you. 

There are some birth certificates that expire. Guatemalan birth certificates expire every 6 months, also you do not need an English translations. NVC rejects papers for every dumb reason so it could be.

21 minutes ago, MarlinCobon said:

There are some birth certificates that expire. Guatemalan birth certificates expire every 6 months, also you do not need an English translations. NVC rejects papers for every dumb reason so it could be.

Wow, just learned something new.

But, goodness gracious that is a HUGE inconvenience. Especially for larger families.

Is that for life???

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Wow, just learned something new.

But, goodness gracious that is a HUGE inconvenience. Especially for larger families.

Is that for life???

Its very annoying.

everything expires every 6 months (birth certificates, marriage certificates, police clearance). I hope they don't keep it this way but they have been doing it since 2010. Good thing is you can request them online and print it.  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Did NVC provide a reason for rejection?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
12 hours ago, little immigrant said:

You should upload the message with rejection from NVC for better understanding the reason of rejection. 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

OK I left the messages open and I was able to read it. It said something about the issuing authority. I think I have the wrong issuing authority because the birth certificate is not from Managua. Now before I read the message I have uploaded the birth certificate that I had again but without translation. What will happen? Will they allow me to upload the correct one or will my case get denied now? How many chances do you usually get to get the documents right? Freaking out a little bit I admit. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

That is why i asked the reason of denial. One shouldn’t act before knowing it. Anyway, they will ask for it again, it will just lengthen the time. Your case won’t be denied at NVC level. Just make sure you submit the correct one along with the translation next time.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 hours ago, little immigrant said:

OK I left the messages open and I was able to read it. It said something about the issuing authority. I think I have the wrong issuing authority because the birth certificate is not from Managua. Now before I read the message I have uploaded the birth certificate that I had again but without translation. What will happen? Will they allow me to upload the correct one or will my case get denied now? How many chances do you usually get to get the documents right? Freaking out a little bit I admit. 

Do not freak out. You  know once you click submit, it is done. You will not be able to delete it,  however you can upload the new docs by clicking the “Add a Document” link below Optional Documents. Be sure you write a note of explanation such as: wrong birth certificate uploaded in error please replace. I did that with one of my kid birth certificate, it was accepted. Make sure you submit the birth certificate along with the English translation. Per NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate."

Good luck.

Edited by kendelle

1 hour ago, arken said:

That is why i asked the reason of denial. One shouldn’t act before knowing it. Anyway, they will ask for it again, it will just lengthen the time. Your case won’t be denied at NVC level. Just make sure you submit the correct one along with the translation next time.

At that time I didn't even know I had a message. When I found it I wasn't able to read it. Also I had to convince my husband to get the birth certificate from Managua and this will now also take time to get. 

1 hour ago, kendelle said:

Do not freak out. You  know once you click submit, it is done. You will not be able to delete it,  however you can upload the new docs by clicking the “Add a Document” link below Optional Documents. Be sure you write a note of explanation such as: wrong birth certificate uploaded in error please replace. I did that with one of my kid birth certificate, it was accepted. Make sure you submit the birth certificate along with the English translation. Per NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate."

Good luck.

I have to get a new translation but it also says on NVC that the document only needs a translation if it's not English or the language of the country where the consulate is. Therefore I shouldn't need a translation. That's why I just uploaded the same one because I thought they didn't like it how I added the translation to the birth certificate into one PDF file. That was before I knew I had a message and could read it. 

Edited by little immigrant

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
7 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

I have to get a new translation but it also says on NVC that the document only needs a translation if it's not English or the language of the country where the consulate is. Therefore I shouldn't need a translation. That's why I just uploaded the same one because I thought they didn't like it how I added the translation to the birth certificate into one PDF file. That was before I knew I had a message and could read it. 

If I were you I would submit the translation. It’s best to be proactive about it so that you can avoid an RFE. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.