Sparkle Sparkle

What is the first thing you will do once this lockdown is over?

54 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2020 at 9:40 PM, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Crazy... For me am going straight to a bar have a good martini. Then to the spa

Yep, I think a visit to the gym's hot tub is in order)

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Our lockdown ended this weekend. I have a salon appointment for Tuesday. Can’t wait! 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

give mom a hug

go to the movies

go to a concert

take the wife to the dmv so i can renew my license and get her a drivers permit

enter a 5k or a 10k run

we arent in lockdown, but i dont trust people to not be ignorant self centered morons.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 5/19/2020 at 5:01 AM, Robify said:

First I'm going my knees to say thank you lord.. 

Secondly, I'm going to MVA to get my driver's license.

The lockdown feels so long, i can't believe I've not left the house for almost 2months.. woww

Understood but usually K1's basically seat at home for 6 months.....and Driver's license depending on the state is usually difficult to navigate 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
On 5/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, boris64 said:

Yep, I think a visit to the gym's hot tub is in order)

Am thinking in that line too...I used to invest heavy into gym subscriptions I never got to use...one of those things I allow on my card and just forget I get charged every month. I have had to do some crazy work out at home using videos I found on youtube....I have decided as this lockdown I wont take gym for granted anymore.

On 5/25/2020 at 5:39 AM, JFH said:

Our lockdown ended this weekend. I have a salon appointment for Tuesday. Can’t wait! 

Interesting how did your salon appointment go?...did you have to wear a mask? was it crowded?

On 5/26/2020 at 9:22 AM, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Interesting how did your salon appointment go?...did you have to wear a mask? was it crowded?

This is how it was at the salon yesterday. 

Appointments only, no walk-ins. 
when you arrive you stay in your car and call the salon. They tell you when you can come in.

Masks required.

Must wash and sanitize your hands as soon as you arrive. 
Chairs must be 10 feet apart unless there is a physical barrier like a screen or a wall. The salon I went to is limiting it to two clients at any one time. 
No magazines. No refreshments offered. 
Chairs covered in plastic. 
Gowns required even if you are just getting your nails done. 
Stylists wearing face shields. 

Because they are only allowing two clients at any time, the stylists are working on shifts. My stylist had the night shift. I was her second client at 6.00 pm. I commented that it must be awful to finish so late at night and then have to drive 30 miles home. But she was just happy to be working. She said she would stay there all night cutting hair if she could. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
2 hours ago, JFH said:

This is how it was at the salon yesterday. 

Appointments only, no walk-ins. 
when you arrive you stay in your car and call the salon. They tell you when you can come in.

Masks required.

Must wash and sanitize your hands as soon as you arrive. 
Chairs must be 10 feet apart unless there is a physical barrier like a screen or a wall. The salon I went to is limiting it to two clients at any one time. 
No magazines. No refreshments offered. 
Chairs covered in plastic. 
Gowns required even if you are just getting your nails done. 
Stylists wearing face shields. 

Because they are only allowing two clients at any time, the stylists are working on shifts. My stylist had the night shift. I was her second client at 6.00 pm. I commented that it must be awful to finish so late at night and then have to drive 30 miles home. But she was just happy to be working. She said she would stay there all night cutting hair if she could. 

waow I see they are taking all precautions... But 2 customers a day?... Can they pay their bills? 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 5/28/2020 at 12:24 AM, Sparkle Sparkle said:

waow I see they are taking all precautions... But 2 customers a day?... Can they pay their bills? 

This is better than getting people sick. Saw a news about Great Clips. Where two hairstylists with COVID-19 exposed it to almost 150 people. 

Edited by onek

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

On 5/27/2020 at 10:24 PM, Sparkle Sparkle said:

2 at a time not per day.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

On 6/6/2020 at 9:25 AM, onek said:

This is better than getting people sick. Saw a news about Great Clips. Where two hairstylists with COVID-19 exposed it to almost 150 people. 

Just noticed someone posted a link to that news about hairstylists

Timeline
1 hour ago, onek said:

Just noticed someone posted a link to that news about hairstylists

Waow... 140? That's a huge number and to think how many people the 140 people must have had contact with

Heading out to my first concert since March,  A country bar has Neal McCoy playing, rescheduled from March this Saturday Night.

Our community pool in the subdivision opened last week so I been hitting pool early morning on weekends.  We are having a get together this Sunday for a pool party at a friends house with about 20 others, be kinda nice to socialize again.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Allovertheworld said:

Heading out to my first concert since March,  A country bar has Neal McCoy playing, rescheduled from March this Saturday Night.

Our community pool in the subdivision opened last week so I been hitting pool early morning on weekends.  We are having a get together this Sunday for a pool party at a friends house with about 20 others, be kinda nice to socialize again.  

Definitely a good thing... But I won't forget my bottle of disinfectant and mask... Goodluck 

Just now, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Definitely a good thing... But I won't forget my bottle of disinfectant and mask... Goodluck 

I wont wear a mask or gloves, I just go one with my life.  I go to the Mall, Grocery stores and act normal, I am not falling for this hoax.

My works has been fairly busy last few months, and I enter about 25 house per day for work, only one old person wanted me to wear gloves.  

On 6/12/2020 at 8:00 AM, Allovertheworld said:

I wont wear a mask or gloves, I just go one with my life.  I go to the Mall, Grocery stores and act normal, I am not falling for this hoax.

My works has been fairly busy last few months, and I enter about 25 house per day for work, only one old person wanted me to wear gloves.  

Hoax?

I have seen many people who believed it was an “hoax” till their family members or themselves got it and it changed their lives.

Good Luck being so careless