11 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I was wondering if anyone experienced this before or if anyone can help me figure out what I should do.

My I130 was accepted 3/30/20 and was sent to NVC

I received an acceptance letter but just found out today that the NVC sent the I130 back to USCIS on 3/31/20 

why would they send it back and what does this mean?

Sorry, im just freaking out as I submitted the I130 on 7/29/19 and was really excited to have it continue on.

Thank you

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Amy Perez said:

Hello, 

I was wondering if anyone experienced this before or if anyone can help me figure out what I should do.

My I130 was accepted 3/30/20 and was sent to NVC

I received an acceptance letter but just found out today that the NVC sent the I130 back to USCIS on 3/31/20 

why would they send it back and what does this mean?

Sorry, im just freaking out as I submitted the I130 on 7/29/19 and was really excited to have it continue on.

Thank you

One well meant piece of advise: do not ever allow yourself to freak out about paperwork or dates during your immigration process - it's not worth the grey hair this can cause :) Patience, patience, patience and some hurry up and wait are the best way to approach this journey :)

By "acceptance letter" are you referring to the NOA2 aka I-130 approval? Did you receive the WL from NVC or how were you notified that the case was sent back?

Assuming that you are the beneficiary - are you outside of the US to go through consular processing?

9 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

One well meant piece of advise: do not ever allow yourself to freak out about paperwork or dates during your immigration process - it's not worth the grey hair this can cause :) Patience, patience, patience and some hurry up and wait are the best way to approach this journey :)

By "acceptance letter" are you referring to the NOA2 aka I-130 approval? Did you receive the WL from NVC or how were you notified that the case was sent back?

Assuming that you are the beneficiary - are you outside of the US to go through consular processing?

Thank you for responding, 

Ill try my best not to freak out :)

received the i130 approval and nothing from the NVC 

and I am the petitioner located in the US 

thank you!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Amy Perez said:

Thank you for responding, 

Ill try my best not to freak out :)

received the i130 approval and nothing from the NVC 

and I am the petitioner located in the US 

thank you!

What type of notification did you receive about case being sent back? What was the exact wording?

Is the beneficiary outside of the US?

6 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

What type of notification did you receive about case being sent back? What was the exact wording?

Is the beneficiary outside of the US?

We returned immigrant visa petition to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on 31-MAR-2020 for correction. 

this is what the NVC sent me regarding the case

The beneficiary is out of the US 

thank you again 

Edited by Amy Perez

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Amy Perez said:

We returned immigrant visa petition to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on 31-MAR-2020 for correction. 

thank you again 

Sounds like the files USCIS sent to NVC were not satisfactory for NVC. I wouldn't worry about it, things like that probably happen every now and then and it can be a simple clerical error on USCIS side. If they need anything from you, they will contact you.

You can check your USCIS case status the coming weeks if you see any activity, or even give USCIS a call if you receive zero update within the next 30 days or so.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Amy Perez said:

thank you again 

What I read from others before it can be something as simple as that the person who worked on your case forgot to stamp your file with the approval stamp or didn't filled it out the correct way. I would assume something like that from the wording. It's annoying but only a minor setback.

5 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Sounds like the files USCIS sent to NVC were not satisfactory for NVC. I wouldn't worry about it, things like that probably happen every now and then and it can be a simple clerical error on USCIS side. If they need anything from you, they will contact you.

You can check your USCIS case status the coming weeks if you see any activity, or even give USCIS a call if you receive zero update within the next 30 days or so.

Thank you so much for your help! :) 

4 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

What I read from others before it can be something as simple as that the person who worked on your case forgot to stamp your file with the approval stamp or didn't filled it out the correct way. I would assume something like that from the wording. It's annoying but only a minor setback.

Thank you, what a simple error but as you said a minor setback. :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Amy Perez said:

thank you again 

Its because sometime uscis forget to stamp the approval letter and they send back but soon it will go back to nvc 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.