17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your question is not quite clear.

The USCIS and NVC stage appear to be moving faster than usual. However the consulate is still closed therefore you'll get stuck at the interview stage. In addition, the consulate will have to catch up on backed up interviews once they open. It was taking about 5 weeks for CR1 to get an interview before and 3 months for K1. There's no telling how long it'll be once they reopen. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, When I Love said:

The USCIS and NVC stage appear to be moving faster than usual. However the consulate is still closed therefore you'll get stuck at the interview stage. In addition, the consulate will have to catch up on backed up interviews once they open. It was taking about 5 weeks for CR1 to get an interview before and 3 months for K1. There's no telling how long it'll be once they reopen. 

Agree with this except for the numbers. This is very different for every country how long it takes to get an interview and has less to do with the visa category.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Agree with this except for the numbers. This is very different for every country how long it takes to get an interview and has less to do with the visa category.

It's posted in the Morocco portal. I'm assuming he's inquiring about the process in Morocco. He asked about CR1 & K1 visa categories. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, When I Love said:

Thank u. I appreciate ur answer. And I think ur probably correct :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

did you finally apply for the CR1 / your October post said "not applied for CR1 yet"?

USCIS may accept and process the application faster (depends on officer doing the work and if all the work is in the packet)

then NVC waits for the USC and beneficary to get the necessary fees paid (after getting the bill for them) and the I 864 and ds 260 to be sent in

At this point (when NVC has all the documents needed and all is ok -cc -case complete) you will wait till the embassy and Morocco can work together to schedule an interview/  normally CR1 casa embassy takes 12 to 14 months so you have a long wait ahead / there are a lot of CR1,  IR1 and K1 cases ahead of you that are ready now for interviews when the embassy resumes them

do yourself and us a favor and complete a timeline as you are going to have more questions as you proceed 

allah yekbel

11 hours ago, When I Love said:

It's posted in the Morocco portal. I'm assuming he's inquiring about the process in Morocco. He asked about CR1 & K1 visa categories. 

Nothing is posted to the Morocco portal. This is in the IR-1/CR-1 progress reports forum.

Since the poster has Morocco on their profile, the thread appears in the Morocco portal.

The difference is there is a regional forum for questions that relate to specific consulates in that region. In the upper level forums, the advice tends to be more generalized.

Not saying in any way it's not helpful to point it out. I'm just saying the post does not indicate they are specifically referring to Morocco. :)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 minute ago, HRQX said:

Plus mobile users can't see the flag and country name of other users like desktop users do.

Very true. That has caught me several times (more phone VJing due to medical stuff).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
51 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

did you finally apply for the CR1 / your October post said "not applied for CR1 yet"?

USCIS may accept and process the application faster (depends on officer doing the work and if all the work is in the packet)

then NVC waits for the USC and beneficary to get the necessary fees paid (after getting the bill for them) and the I 864 and ds 260 to be sent in

At this point (when NVC has all the documents needed and all is ok -cc -case complete) you will wait till the embassy and Morocco can work together to schedule an interview/  normally CR1 casa embassy takes 12 to 14 months so you have a long wait ahead / there are a lot of CR1,  IR1 and K1 cases ahead of you that are ready now for interviews when the embassy resumes them

do yourself and us a favor and complete a timeline as you are going to have more questions as you proceed 

allah yekbel

Do you know for a fact that they are taking so long at the embassy. I'm only asking because I didn't fully understand that part of your response. Also, when I applied for the k1 visa before, it only took about 2 months to get my interview once we were approved in the U.S.

I will finish it bro 

Kon hani chokran bzaf lik 

9 minutes ago, Lorimedo said:

Do you know for a fact that they are taking so long at the embassy.

Are you asking for embassy processing time before Covid-19 or currently? Currently DOS has temporarily suspended routine visa services at all U.S. Embassies and Consulates: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/suspension-of-routine-visa-services.html

2 hours ago, Lorimedo said:

Do you know for a fact that they are taking so long at the embassy. I'm only asking because I didn't fully understand that part of your response. Also, when I applied for the k1 visa before, it only took about 2 months to get my interview once we were approved in the U.S.

I will finish it bro 

US embassies are still closed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lorimedo said:

I will finish it bro 

Yes we know for a fact that they are taking long at embassy because embassies in the majority of the world including Morocco are closed to interviews.
So sure you may get a fast USCIS approval, get case# at NVC then you will sit until embassies open.
When they do open they will first tend to all the months of cancelled interviews first then start scheduling new approved petitions that had arrived.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 hours ago, Lorimedo said:

I will finish it bro 

In October you wrote that now you are married but have not yet applied for the CR1

normal processing (when embassies were open) was 12 to 14 months for spouse visa before 2019

then the process went to extended AP times after the interview and people often waited 6 or more months and had to retake the medical exam to have a visa processed

YOur K1 went to USCIS (at least 6 months there) and then sent to NVC where they send it onto embassy for interview to be scheduled

A CR1 goes to USCIS and the to NVC and the USC gets a bill to pay 2 fees /  then the DS 260 and I 864 with all supporting documents including IRS tax papers  (from USC) and your 2 criminal reports have to be scanned into the system plus any other documents NVC requests.

and then you will wait till the embassy and NVC schedule the interview before they even send the case to Casa

you have a long wait as there are many people ahead of you

When did the USC apply for the CR1 / a timeline on your profile would help 

17 hours ago, Lorimedo said:

Also, when I applied for the k1 visa before, it only took about 2 months to get my interview once we were approved in the U.S.

There were times when a K1 took 2 to 4 months end to end.   There were also times when a CR1/IR1 took 3 or more years and K3s were viable.  Even right before COVID-19 closures we were seeing some spousals getting thru USCIS in 2 to 4 months compared to 10 months just a year before.  USCIS moves workloads around and never do things things ever get truly equalized.  Getting a slow service center at first doesn't always mean that 4 months later it is still bad.

17 hours ago, Lorimedo said:

Do you know for a fact that they are taking so long at the embassy.

Once the consulates re open there will be a large backlog of petitions plus tons of people wanting to be expedited.  Some consulates already had a large backlog like Juarez Mexico at over a year for spousal.   Now that you have an spousal your petition will spend more time at the NVC.

Fiance and Spousal steps are not really comparable.  There is a lot you can do to be prepared at the NVC.  Make sure the birth and marriage certificates and I-864 are ready as well as anything you want to sideload.  Know how long it will take to get the police certificate(s).  Make another visit to your spouse, etc.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.